Sign in to follow this  
Restlessknight14

My Eternal Foes: A tough experience!

Hey Everyone! Happy holidays! Hope all of you are doing well! 

So through out the series, we  encountered many types of monster/enemies. So my question is: which monsters gives you the most trouble when you are playing a Dragon Quest game? (Like they have it out for you)

Ding-a-lings. Hate them sooooo much. Had a bad time when a group of them cast kabuff all at once early in my playthrough of 8. Also got totally wiped by Dead Ringers. And that face. GAH! 

Anything that casts status effects on you.

Also, those damn monsters in the cave near the end of Dragon Quest V. The cave with the Pallium Regale/Royal Cloak. They were rough.

Bloody Hands.

Whenever they show up, I feel like this:

7 hours ago, jay said:

Ding-a-lings. Hate them sooooo much. Had a bad time when a group of them cast kabuff all at once early in my playthrough of 8. Also got totally wiped by Dead Ringers. And that face. GAH! 

Yes!

All of a sudden there are 14 of them and they are destroying your entire party.

II is nasty with its endgame monsters. Killing Machines, Cyclopes, and Gigantes all at once? Eesh.

Dhoulmagus from Dragon Quest 8 was pretty tough on my first playthrough, he was the first boss to seriously challenge me.

Nothing beats metal king slimes though. Tough experience indeed. :cry2:

• Like 1

The Heroes series has given me a special hatred of Silvapithecus monsters (whose name-pun I only just discovered after doing a Google spell-check), which are obnoxious to the extreme and interrupt me to no end when I care about other matters.

Heroes II also has a new, blood-red Uberkilling Machine boss-like enemy (whose name I forget) that has killed me at least twice now and is really pissing me off.

Edited by JaybirdC

The Heroes series has given me a special hatred of Silvapithecus monsters (whose name-pun I only just discovered after doing a Google spell-check), which are obnoxious to the extreme and interrupt me to no end when I care about other matters.

Heroes II also has a new, blood-red Uberkilling Machine boss-like enemy (whose name I forget) that has killed me at least twice now and is really pissing me off.
It's one reason why I love all the different DQ side games, different monsters become problems or mortal enemies in some over others.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On 1/29/2018 at 8:49 PM, JaybirdC said:

It's one reason why I love all the different DQ side games, different monsters become problems or mortal enemies in some over others.

I was dumbstruck when I was a kid and I realized you could have a monster on your team that resembled the third boss in VIII. I thought that was the coolest thing, and believed that it indicated that this was a strong monster.

One thing Heroes II does that I realize really interests me is that its overworld-wandering gameplay actually answers a question I had when I was little of what a properly 3D action-adventure game like the original Zelda would be like.

I now want a Pokemon game that uses the same over-world wandering in Heroes II.

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Another I like about the Heroes franchise is that it rather perfectly captures of what fighting these monsters "for real" is like in ways that the standard turn-based command-combat can't convey. It's so much cooler fighting a Gigantes when it literally towers over you (though I suppose I should give credit to Monsters: Joker for doing that particular thing first).

10 hours ago, eal said:

I was dumbstruck when I was a kid and I realized you could have a monster on your team that resembled the third boss in VIII. I thought that was the coolest thing, and believed that it indicated that this was a strong monster.

Silly eal, always dazzled by appearances.

^ you’re not wrong. It’s about 75% of the reason I’ve stuck with Kakegurui for the last 4 episodes.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:49 PM, JaybirdC said:

That would be the Crimson Killing Machine. Still waiting for its second main series appearance to be localized, though, because of a zone attack it can do with Durandal.

Crimson Killing Machine.png

Edited by winky55