Found this story today...

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/27/dragon-quest-heroes-producer-teases-sequels-collaboration/

The Dragon Quest Heroes series has been running at full steam as of late, with Dragon Quest Heroes II available for PlayStation 4 and PC, and Dragon Quest Heroes I & II getting a release on Nintendo Switch in Japan. But there appears to be more where that came from.

Dengeki PlayStation recently had a chance to speak with Kenichi Ogasawara, the producer of the Toukiden series, as well as Dragon Quest Heroes, about what’s next. In the “Creator Interviews” series, he confirmed a number of tidbits, but was very cryptic about it.

First, he noted that “numbered titles for this and that are starting up.” He didn’t specifically mention names, but it sounds like Dragon Quest Heroes III is already in the works.

Next up, though, he hinted at a “new collaboration project,” indicating that Dragon Quest Heroes could be crossing over with another series. Could we see Toukiden characters enter the fray? Or maybe even Final Fantasy?

What’s more, he also added, “Since the core team members of Toukiden are working on a new project, it will be a bit of time before I can say anything more.” But he did end with “That new project will be quite a surprise, so please look forward to its announcement.”

Square Enix hasn’t revealed its game plan for 2018 just yet, but hopefully we’ll know what it’s up to at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, if not sooner.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this story today...     http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/27/dragon-quest-heroes-producer-teases-sequels-collaboration/   The Dragon Quest Heroes series has been running at full steam as

Guess that's a little more fuel for the coloring contest fire, then...    Jokes aside, I get it. Plus you've got your masters program stuff going on along with your teaching, so you're pretty

I don't know what they could add tbh, maybe Debora/Sancho from DQV,  Barbara from DQVI and Sir Mervyn from DQVII? They really need to start puting NPCs playable we can't relly only on party membe

Posted Images

Hopefully DQH3 will feature one of the other royals from DQ2 (aka the Prince of Cannock or Princess of Moonbrooke).

And yes, more quests would be nice. That Slime drawing contest has been stuck in limbo, which is a shame since it was a good idea.

Hopefully DQH3 will feature one of the other royals from DQ2 (aka the Prince of Cannock or Princess of Moonbrooke).
And yes, more quests would be nice. That Slime drawing contest has been stuck in limbo, which is a shame since it was a good idea.
Quests have effective been killed by my work schedule. They took a free 40 minute block of time away from me this year. I always worked on it at work. We'll see if I can't make it my new years resolution to get things a little back on track. Participation hardly warrants me spending too much time on the artsy ones.

Definitely will get on a new one for the new DQB Switch.
18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Participation hardly warrants me spending too much time on the artsy ones.

Guess that's a little more fuel for the coloring contest fire, then... :tounge2:

Jokes aside, I get it. Plus you've got your masters program stuff going on along with your teaching, so you're pretty busy!

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Guess that's a little more fuel for the coloring contest fire, then... :tounge2:

Jokes aside, I get it. Plus you've got your masters program stuff going on along with your teaching, so you're pretty busy!

When is the coloring contest, btw?

37 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
45 minutes ago, eal said:

Oh, you JUST missed it. Submissions were due on Christmas.

Can I still send you a picture I colored just for fun?

37 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
45 minutes ago, eal said:

Oh, you JUST missed it. Submissions were due on Christmas.

Can I still send you a picture I colored just for fun?

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Totally forgot that my quest about predicting when DQXI comes out I totally forgot to click the button so we can see who voted when. Haha, so it's a wash. I'll need to redo!

I still predict that I will claim victory this April!

Another Heroes game would be awesome! I would love to get some more characters from earlier games, especially DQ1!

22 minutes ago, cobolisdead said:

I still predict that I will claim victory this April!

Another Heroes game would be awesome! I would love to get some more characters from earlier games, especially DQ1!

I'm not sure how many they could do, but truth be told I would LOVE if the Dragon Lord became a playable villain character like Psaro was.

Or I'd like to see characters from the spin-offs, like Tara and/or Cobi. Have them carry around walking sticks like they do in artwork for Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, but then some of there attacks could be monsters they've tamed appearing to help out.

Or even Buildrick. That would be neat.

I could definitely get down with Heroes 3. Waiting for Debora to make her appearance. I would also enjoy Aishe and Melvin. Maaaayyyybbeee Borya

I want to see Morrie as a playable character. I think it could be a turning point for who exactly is deemed playable, seeing as Morrie (and Red) went from major NPCs to playable characters, so I'd like to see something like that in Heroes 3. Perhaps the likes of Ortega from DQ3 could become playable, or Stella from DQ9 just to spit ball some ideas.

Moving away from that idea, we need Pankraz to be playable. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I think it would be good to have him playable for those who are big fans of DQ5, not to mention it would be some more representation of DQ5, and because of his short lived role (pun intended) as a "playable" ally in DQ5. And after seeing his summoning special in that Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory game, he could have a real powerful moveset.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
I want to see Morrie as a playable character. I think it could be a turning point for who exactly is deemed playable, seeing as Morrie (and Red) went from major NPCs to playable characters, so I'd like to see something like that in Heroes 3. Perhaps the likes of Ortega from DQ3 could become playable, or Stella from DQ9 just to spit ball some ideas.
Moving away from that idea, we need Pankraz to be playable. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I think it would be good to have him playable for those who are big fans of DQ5, not to mention it would be some more representation of DQ5, and because of his short lived role (pun intended) as a "playable" ally in DQ5. And after seeing his summoning special in that Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory game, he could have a real powerful moveset.
Dragon Quest (kinda) Hereos 3!
On 12/27/2017 at 4:18 AM, Plattym3 said:

Next up, though, he hinted at a “new collaboration project,” indicating that Dragon Quest Heroes could be crossing over with another series. Could we see Toukiden characters enter the fray? Or maybe even Final Fantasy?

I interpreted this as another game for Nintendo, like their Zelda and Fire Emblem titles. Mario Warriors, anyone?

On 12/28/2017 at 12:44 PM, mnicolai said:

I interpreted this as another game for Nintendo, like their Zelda and Fire Emblem titles. Mario Warriors, anyone?

That would be an interesting title, to say the least. I don't know how well it would work but I would definitely want to see how it unfolds.

I don't know what they could add tbh, maybe Debora/Sancho from DQV,  Barbara from DQVI and Sir Mervyn from DQVII?

They really need to start puting NPCs playable we can't relly only on party members, i see Erinn,Stella, Ann-Lucia (or more from DQX), Aquila, Trode, Harry or even freaking Papas/Marcello beign good choices, even spin-offs characters like Fleurette or Solitarie would be fun.

I love some party members, but i think they should put both into the game, why limit themselves like that?

Edited by Slimer12
  • Like 1