Sign in to follow this  
Avenger

Nintendo Switch USB keyboard - Type English?

I got a USB keyboard for my nintendo switch.  For the software keyboard, you can change the language at will.  For the physical keyboard, I tried using my US account but it still tries to convert the romanji to kana.  Is there a setting or option key to press so this conversion doesn’t occur during chat?

Cran answered this question.  Use the ~ key.  I posted this before but it must have gotten deleted during the board move.

Yeah, sorry, there was about 30-60 minutes between the time they made the database backup and the time I closed the boards down. :)

Hey, I'm having the same thing happen and this isn't working.  How do I stop the conversion? 

Posted (edited)

Try pressing Caps lock and ~ to change the conversions.  Sometimes it can get a little thrown off from what you expect.  Sometimes you have to press caps lock when the text window isn't open to get things the way you want them.  If all else fails, disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to revert it back to a default state.

Not that this is for the Switch.  This is not applicable to PC.  If you are playing on PC you can't swap between languages on the fly like this.

Edited by Cranberry