Builders Switch Japanese Trailer

Looks like they are adding some new items for the Switch release

• Like 1

Very nice! Thanks for sharing Woodus. I'm lookin forward to throwing random Slime faces onto various things.

They had a demonstration livestream last night: 

The Sabrebub is slightly broken; it stays on edges easily, can do a double jump, and you don't take fall damage while riding. But it looks fun and makes traversal look very easy. I'm curious how/when it unlocks. 

Game releases March 1st in Japan, with  a demo on eShop February 1st. Price is 4,800 Yen. My guess is we will get it very shortly thereafter if not day and date. On any other platform I would say $40, but with the Switch tax, probably $50. There is a Nintendo Direct in January, we should have a date and price then. 

I never thought about this until now, but I wonder if they'll change the Dragon Quest Famicom cartridge to a Dragon Warrior NES cartridge for the localized versions. That would be neat!

Edited by gooieooie
51 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

I never thought about this until now, but I wonder if they'll change the Dragon Quest Famicom cartridge to a Dragon Warrior NES cartridge for the localized versions. That would be neat!

That would be cool. It'd be even better if they threw both versions in for the heck of it.

8 hours ago, gooieooie said:

Ha, looks like I wasn't the only person who had this idea!

On 12/16/2017 at 12:44 PM, gooieooie said:

From the Nintendo website's description of the game: 

Nintendo Switch version of the game Exclusive content: gather special materials with the Great Sabrecub to unlock retro customization options, including the Dragon Quest Game Pak

Dragon Quest: The game's Japanese name.

Game Pak: Name used by NoA for NES cartridges.

:ws-slimedead: