Sign in to follow this  
Florrie

Florrie is here!

Hi! I'm Florrie. (Call me that.) I'm also Liam, but not that Liam - this one. I've been gone for a while, mainly because I was having trouble logging into my account. I guess I forgot about this place when the forums died for a while - it's great to see everything back up and running again.

I don't have that much new to say since last time. Since then, I've put some 268:26:33 more hours into Dragon Quest IX; I've been hooked on a non-DQ game, but it's always fun to play some of IX every once in a while.

Can confirm, this is me. I'll be using the Florrie account now - less hypothetical confusion between Liams, and I don't now go by Liam anyways.

Welcome back :)

You came at a funny time. Pardon the mess while renovations happen

Welcome back, Liam. Now we'll know who you are! Florrie is interesting, why you pick that? 

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Welcome back, Liam. Now we'll know who you are! Florrie is interesting, why you pick that? 

I actually wrote a blog post on that (and a few other related things) a while ago. Guess I didn't go into too much detail on why personally I chose Florrie (or rather, why not Liam), though - oops. Essentially, I needed a less male name. Florrie stuck.

I don't know if I'm supposed to bite you for being a new or lick you for coming back. So I'll just sneeze on you

2 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I don't know if I'm supposed to bite you for being a new or lick you for coming back. So I'll just sneeze on you

Cough.

Thanks all!

I've been working on a program to make graphing DQ9 grottoes a little easier, mainly so I can find which of my maps have the most high-leveled chests. It's also just a fun dungeon map maker. (I used to use real life graph paper for this, but I ended up wasting a lot of paper, since I had to space out the individual floor maps quite a lot to avoid ending up with them overlapping. This doesn't have that problem since each floor's map is in a separate file, and obviously I have space for many more digital files than I do sheets of paper!)

mapp.png

If you haven't been able to get into your account, then you may have been lurking, in which case -- WELCOME, Brother  Lurker!