DragonWarrior92

Help getting the switch ver. To work

Hey everybody, I have reluctantly decided to support SE and Nintendos bullshit out of desperation to play DQX. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue as to how to get it to work and the whole VPN thing. I was hoping someone could walk me through it. I was hoping not to use a computer as most people have said they have done, as my laptop sucks. Can anyone help me?

Here is a link to look at.  I use the PC version mostly but used a VPN and mhotspot for the switch version.  I have to check if this still works with the latest Windows 10.

In my case, for the switch, I bought a cheap second router (from amazon for about £20/$25) just make sure it has the option to add VPN via OpenVPN (this is a platform software built into the router that lets you manually add servers via your VPN provider) for the record, I use ExpressVPN.

Once you switch on the router, it should allow you to connect to it via WIFI from your PC or MAC the way you normally would onto your home WiFi.

There would be an Internet address usually like 192.168 etc (I guess it changes depending on which router you buy)

Then it gives you the option to log in and change some settings like what name it displays and password. After that, connect your second router to your home WiFi main router into the WAN socket and then using your pc, the page your on (mentioned above) should allow you to click on a built in OpenVPN page. This lets you upload or drag and drop .opvn files.

Now, log into your ExpressVPN site (or whatever VPN provider you use - make sure it’s compatible) and go to its manual configuration section. This will allow you to select ‘OpenVPN’ and then choose the country and server you want.

So for example, I used Japan > Tokyo And then downloaded the file to my desktop. 

Now drag and drop or use the upload button within the router page you’re on to add the Japanese server file. Depending on the provider you use, you may need to add the username and password or some code (this is also on the page and described on the VPN provider page) 

once you do that, save and apply.

now on your switch, you can choose the second router from your WiFi connections options and join the way you would your home WiFi.

It should work.

good luck :)

Posted (edited)
On 11/25/2017 at 1:46 PM, DragonWarrior92 said:

Hey everybody, I have reluctantly decided to support SE and Nintendos bullshit out of desperation to play DQX. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue as to how to get it to work and the whole VPN thing. I was hoping someone could walk me through it. I was hoping not to use a computer as most people have said they have done, as my laptop sucks. Can anyone help me?

Hi DragonWarrior92!

I'm sharing with you the link of the tutorial guide I used to set up my japanese eShop and Square Enix accounts in order to download and play Dragon Quest X on my Nintendo Switch.

I hope it helps you:

https://geektogeekmedia.com/geekery/dragonquestaustin/how-to-play-dragon-quest-x-in-america-on-nintendo-switch-for-free/

Edited by Tenshi2701