Sign in to follow this  
eal

Dum Dum Questions About the New Den

Okay, so I'm just gonna blast off a list of questions I hope smarter men then me can answer:

1. How do you see which posts of yours have been upvoted and liked? Individual ones, not your overall score.

2. If I check my PMs, I get taken to the first page and need to navigate all the way to the newest post. This is like the smallest of the smallest deals but I need to know how to just go immediately to the newest message in the conversation.

3. I can't find where my current post count is. I know it's not 10,024. Like 100+ posts are missing from that total.

4. Why do we also have likes now along with upvotes?

No more statuses as well? :cry2:

(oh god my signature!)

Edited by hawkeye77o4
  • Like 1

2. In regards to this, unread messages seems to do the same thing. I can click on the topic name, but I go to post #1. If I click the person's name who posted last, I go to the last post. I can't figure out how to go to the newest unread post in a topic like I used to. 

Those might be Forum settings Woodus would have to implement himself. Unless the functionality is gone for good.

17 hours ago, eal said:

Okay, so I'm just gonna blast off a list of questions I hope smarter men then me can answer:

1. How do you see which posts of yours have been upvoted and liked? Individual ones, not your overall score.

2. If I check my PMs, I get taken to the first page and need to navigate all the way to the newest post. This is like the smallest of the smallest deals but I need to know how to just go immediately to the newest message in the conversation.

3. I can't find where my current post count is. I know it's not 10,024. Like 100+ posts are missing from that total.

4. Why do we also have likes now along with upvotes?

#2 I just had a new PM today, and it had a circle left of the PM title that jumped me to the last post in the PM.

#3 post counts may be a bit off, it looks like the forums recounted the whole thing when it went thru the upgrade.

#4 it looks like "likes" is to make it more social friendly, a like and and up vote both add +1 to the persons reputation. I can disable the like if everyone likes ;)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

2. In regards to this, unread messages seems to do the same thing. I can click on the topic name, but I go to post #1. If I click the person's name who posted last, I go to the last post. I can't figure out how to go to the newest unread post in a topic like I used to. 

Finally noticed the little star.  Takes me to the last unread post.  Perfect.

38 minutes ago, Woodus said:

#2 I just had a new PM today, and it had a circle left of the PM title that jumped me to the last post in the PM.

#3 post counts may be a bit off, it looks like the forums recounted the whole thing when it went thru the upgrade.

#4 it looks like "likes" is to make it more social friendly, a like and and up vote both add +1 to the persons reputation. I can disable the like if everyone likes ;)

I'm fine with both like & upvote.

18 hours ago, eal said:

How do you see which posts of yours have been upvoted and liked? Individual ones, not your overall score.

Ohh, the new highlight and quote is awesome. I opened a ticket for this one to see what they say.

Is there a way to make the icons square instead of a circle? I don't see what advantage a circle gives anyone.

Yes, that would be nice.  It might be good to try to move the avatar above the rank icons too, if at all possible.

Agreed on that. I'm very bad with names, especially made-up internet names, and have a tendency to recognise people by their forum avatars. With the weird huge rank thingies on top (not sure what purpose they serve, but if people like them, that's fine :)), I keep subconsciously thinking everyone with the same icon is the same person.

• Like 1

Speaking of names. It would appear the Display Name has been removed.

Everyone's like all worried about their display names and the shape of their avatars and I'm just like, "My post count tho."

I don't know why nobody is posting anything except for in the same three topics. Is it because they're used to everything being laid out in a "New Content" space, whereas the new way shows every new piece of activity?

Edited by eal

We're not comfortable in strange environments. We huddle together.

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2017 at 2:34 PM, jay said:

Speaking of names. It would appear the Display Name has been removed.

Yeah, when doing the upgrade I had to pick display name or login, I chose login in case people had trouble logging in with their display name. If you want me to change it let me know.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, Mimas said:

Is there a way to make the icons square instead of a circle? I don't see what advantage a circle gives anyone.

Done

On 11/23/2017 at 1:40 PM, King Zenith said:

Yes, that would be nice.  It might be good to try to move the avatar above the rank icons too, if at all possible.

Done

I think the new layout will become familiar soon enough. I just gotta get used to scrolling down more to reach topics. Other than the color scheme, everything's familiar enough for me!

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

Yeah, when doing the upgrade I had to pick display name or login, I chose login in case people had trouble logging in with their display name. If you want me to change it let me know.

I'm fine with it. Not that big a change for me. If others complain about that maybe, but i'm content

15 hours ago, jay said:

I'm fine with it. Not that big a change for me. If others complain about that maybe, but i'm content

OK, sounds good :)

On 11/23/2017 at 9:08 AM, Woodus said:

OK, this should be fixed now, there should be a link under your rep that you can choose that will allow you to see the content that has been upvoted.

rep_activity.png

On 11/24/2017 at 1:36 PM, Woodus said:

Done

Thanks!  Looks much better!

.ipsType_richText {
    color: #fff;
}

Have you tried this for the font color for the dark scheme? Changing that seems to change the text color when I tested using the browser's developer tools.

Which text is that supposed to change. I have has some while digging that you can change with the Dev console, but changing those in the code doesn't take affect (because they have so many css sytles stacked up).

On 12/2/2017 at 1:59 PM, Mimas said:

.ipsType_richText {
    color: #fff;
}

Have you tried this for the font color for the dark scheme? Changing that seems to change the text color when I tested using the browser's developer tools.