I'm stuck at DQ IV. Who do I need to talk to?

So I'm playing DQ IV blind.

No guide, no internet, nothing totally blind.

I just obtained the Mod Rod, but that's it.

It doesn't help me with the princes, the slime, or any other NPC in town.

I went to the oracle, but she just died.

There's no nearby town, so I'm completely lost. Who supposed to give me the next clue?

I guess I can check every island I haven't visit yet, but I'm don't want to do it.

I want to visit the town and dungeon in order.

So is there any NPC who supposed to give me the next hint, or I'm supposed to explore the map blindly?

Thanks =)

Diabolical Hall go there and talk to every npc there and explore the entier place but leave the throneroom for last

Well, I guess this is the part where the game just stop giving you clue and expect you to wander aimlessly.

I've visited every known town, talk to every NPC, day and night.

None of them give any clue.

Oh well, Diabolic Hall it is.

Thanks guys.

Back in the 1990s, I called a help line for DWIV. Turns out I'd not used the magma staff.

Oh God. You were one of those people that called the Nintendo help line.

Edited by eal

Back in the 1990s, I called a help line for DWIV. Turns out I'd not used the magma staff.

Oh God. You were one of those people that called the Nintendo help line.

His uncle didn't work at Nintendo, so he had to give the line a call.

I spent a whole week retracing my steps and talking to people. Including my dad to show him how stuck I was.

I remember enlisting my dad's help when I was first playing Super Mario 64. Couldn't figure out how to beat King Bob-omb in the first world, and sure enough he beat him first try. I couldn't read much at the time, and I didn't know you had to grab him and throw him! Dad had to show me which button to use for the future.

• Upvote 1

I remember enlisting my dad's help when I was first playing Super Mario 64.

Man, you too? Got SM64 when I was only five years old and King Bob-omb terrified me. I could not face him after dark.

Hey guys. I just got the Zenithia Sword after messing around with the ship (damn Mod Rod so hard to find).

I know it shouldn't distract me, but it did.

I can't really get over the fact that it stopped the flow of the story for no reason. Maybe I'm too used with FF "go-there-next" style.

On the flip side, I'm almost done with this game, and can't wait to move to DQ-V (I started DQ from DQ-VIII).

Finally I can find out why Bianca defeats Maya & Meena combo in doujins.

Seriously, how the hell I found way more doujins about Bianca and Heroine from DQ-III, than Maya & Meena?

Twincest is wincest people, what is not to understand?

I am disappoint.

• 3 weeks later...

Twincest Sisters that are 2 years apart but often mistaken as twins likely due to some random internet post is wincest people, what is not to understand?

Just a small typo I needed to fix. It was irritating me. Carry on

There is actually an RPGamer interview where Horii allegedly says it.

Though the interview seems to have been conducted in English(at the least it was written in English with no Japanese source) and Horii isn't exactly fluent in English so it's a bit dubious imo.  There is no Japanese source that lists such a thing. In fact, the Japanese DQ wiki goes out of its way to state they aren't twins, and in the novel version they are explicitly listed as being 2 years apart. Since there's nothing implying them to be twins other than that interview which was conducted over 25 years after the actual release of the game in a language different from his main language, I think it's a bit sketchy. Dragon Quest is a mainly Japanese phenomenon and it's kind of weird to think that you'd have a detail like that that is completely absent from the Japanese side of the canon/fandom because it only exists in some random interview on some English website that almost no one even knows about(not even most people that understand English lol)

Edited by The n00b Avenger