Sign in to follow this  
merph518

Greetings!

Hi folks,

I've been lurking here for a bit, ever since I preordered the Nintendo Switch version of the game.  I took it's sweet time to get to me, but it finally arrived a couple days ago.  I jumped through the hoops required to start playing (VPN/etc) and I've really been enjoying the game so far.

I've got my play area set up with a Tablet mounted on an arm in front of my monitor for easy translation using the Google Translate app's image translate function.

WuYU01O.jpg

It's surprisingly good for a machine translation, despite sometimes being ridiculous as pictured above.  With it, I've been able to follow the story pretty well.  The guides here and Chrome's translations of http://hiroba.dqx.jp have been very helpful as well.

Just graduated to the online portion of the game last night.  I'm hoping to meet up with some of you in the near future!

Cheers,

Merph

Edited by merph518

Welcome!

Did you also make the mistake of ordering from PlayAsia with economy shipping? lol

Thanks!

And YES!  3+ week wait for a piece of paper in a box.  Oops.  At least we got this neato apology about poor box quality and a replacement box.  I mean if it's just going to be a box, at least you're getting double the boxes, right?

Edited by merph518

Haha, very true.

I won’t be making the same mistake with V4: I have that one preordered from Amazon Japan, so I should have it within a couple days.

What's the release date for 4?  I've got a lot of work to do before I'd need it, I'm sure.

It comes out on November 16th.

Technically, I’m sure you’d get access to some things like the new classes even as early into the game as you are, but I’m not sure that would be worth your money just yet.

A brother from the Knights of Lurk! Greetings, friend! (I think you misplaced your introduction thread).

Ta da!

Don't feel bad, it's almost at the bottom of the forums list.

Ah, the goal was more to say hello to the folks who were playing DQX than the entire community, but thanks :D