Atlas In Grottos

In DQ IX, I am doing the Sage Quest (where the player is Lv 40 in the Sage Vocation) I have to defeat Atlas with Zam in a Grotto. Which type of Grottoes is Atlas in? I have lots of completed Grottoes in order to do my search to find him. Thanks.

He appears most commonly in level 50+ maps, so keep completing your highest levelled maps and level up yourself if you're not at 99.

It's random chance what boss a grotto has, so keep at it! You'll get him soon enough.

He appears most commonly in level 50+ maps, so keep completing your highest levelled maps and level up yourself if you're not at 99.

It's random chance what boss a grotto has, so keep at it! You'll get him soon enough.

Exactly. That one took me a while as I'd not gotten into high grottos at that point. It'll happen, just keep going!

I completed that quest this morning. It took me two times to beat Atlas with Zam.

• Upvote 2

As a protip, pay attention to the name of the map. The prefix; bronze, gold, sapphire, ect. Denotes the grade of treasure and enemies (and length to a degree). The root, like maze, abyss, Crater, ect. Defines the environment (which also sets what enemies you see) and the suffex; dolour, work, ruin, ect. Determines what bosses you can find.