Sign in to follow this  
AzureVoid

If they were to localize DQMJ 3 Professional-

What's wrong with being a Pokémon clone?

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I've sought our Pokemon clones before!

Pokémon clones get a bad rep, but everyone loves that Dark Souls and Monster Hunter have inspired new sub genres of games. I find it odd.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely. I have the Japanese version, but I'd love a localized version to know what's going on.

What's wrong with being a Pokémon clone?

Well it's not but the masses will see it as one despite whatever I say.

I don't recall ever NOT playing a game because it's similar to another one, but if I had to guess, they would rather spend their money on a product that they trust.

Think of it as store brand over name brand. There's always that 50/50 chance that the store brand either the same or worse over a name brand, so you want to avoid that risk and stick with what you trust already. 

I'd say the DQM series is definitely a Pokémon clone, despite DQ5 having monster recruitment before it. Thing is, most Pokémon clones are already much better than the originals. :P

Posted (edited)
On 9/19/2017 at 9:07 PM, AzureVoid said:

Would you purchase it? I was only curious. I doubt it's release, but it's nice to dream.

I would pay $100 plus for this title if localized.. Scared to hack my 3ds.. Maybe in the future as the 3ds is pretty much dead. 

Edited by Dramead

1 hour ago, Dramead said:

I would pay $100 plus for this title if localized.. Scared to hack my 3ds.. Maybe in the future as the 3ds is pretty much dead. 

I wouldn't pay that much for a localized copy. I was scared to hack my 3ds but wound up doing it. As long as you follow the instructions to the t you should be fine or if you know someone well enough that has a b9s hacked 3ds it makes it easier. 

I'd say the DQM series is definitely a PokÃmon clone, despite DQ5 having monster recruitment before it. Thing is, most PokÃmon clones are already much better than the originals.
Definitely! One thing I'm absolutely over is 1 vs. 1 battles in Pokémon. Over it. Done with it. DQM games have full 4 vs 4 battles and it's like a party in a DQ game, but instead of human, they're monsters. I love it!

58 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 9/25/2017 at 6:01 AM, Sumez said:

I'd say the DQM series is definitely a PokÃemoji2398.pngmon clone, despite DQ5 having monster recruitment before it. Thing is, most PokÃemoji2398.pngmon clones are already much better than the originals. emoji14.png

Definitely! One thing I'm absolutely over is 1 vs. 1 battles in Pokémon. Over it. Done with it. DQM games have full 4 vs 4 battles and it's like a party in a DQ game, but instead of human, they're monsters. I love it!

The pokemon games do have limited 3 vs 3 battles though I don't remember seeing them in the more recent games and they also have pointless restrictions. 

• Like 1

The pokemon games do have limited 3 vs 3 battles though I don't remember seeing them in the more recent games and they also have pointless restrictions. 
Yep. While I'll always play the Pokemon games, it's the SMTs and NNK DS and Yo-Kai Watch and DQM games I really love. I want to collect monsters. I just don't want to be so limited.

Monster Hunter Stories was great. If they do a part 2, larger battles are a must!
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yep. While I'll always play the Pokemon games, it's the SMTs and NNK DS and Yo-Kai Watch and DQM games I really love. I want to collect monsters. I just don't want to be so limited.

Monster Hunter Stories was great. If they do a part 2, larger battles are a must!

I do like SMT and the DQM games better then the Pokemon games and for some reason I didn't really like the Yo-Kai Watch or Monster Hunter Stories games.