Is anyone else excited about this release? It landed on the PS4 Store this morning.

I am very excited. I'm going to buy it and throw it up on stream soon. FFIX was and still remains my favorite FF. I remember an article a few years ago about how FFIX is the Dragon Quest fan's FF. And I agree. It's much more similar in tone to DQ. Doesn't take itself as seriously as the other FFs and has a good amount of nostalgia to it.

But yes, this makes me very happy  :) .

IX is my favorite along with IV. I wouldn't mind getting it for PS4, but I do have it on Vita and a physical PS1 copy. I would get it whenever it goes on sale though since I love the game, just not right now.

I need to confirm this, but someone said that it is a port of the PC version, which itself was a port of the mobile version, which I'm not keen on. The price is also a bit ridiculous, imo, which means I'll probably pass on it, despite IX being my second favorite entry in the series.

I need to confirm this, but someone said that it is a port of the PC version, which itself was a port of the mobile version, which I'm not keen on. The price is also a bit ridiculous, imo, which means I'll probably pass on it, despite IX being my second favorite entry in the series.

If it is a port of the mobile version, I'll pass too. I don't really need all those extra mods (or whatever they are called) that they included in the mobile version. Having it on my Vita to have on the go is enough for me for a digital version.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-ix-is-headed-to-playstation-4-1818535442

Per that article it is a "slightly enhanced port" with HD cut scenes (woot!). I think I read elsewhere that there were some gameplay changes that made some difficult portions easier, like quicker progression of skills learned from equipment.

But since my brother "lost" by physical copy of FFIX, I shall be purchasing this. I miss me some Vivi!

Looking up info on the PS4 version, it is the mobile version. Same high-res models, low-res backgrounds, giant battle menus, the boosts, and so on present in the mobile/steam version. There are now trophies, such as the (ridiculous) 1000 jumps for the jump rope mini game.

And Excalibur II.

Anyways, I'll probably be grabbing it this week while its $16.79, one of my favorite FF titles.

Plus I like the PS4 theme it comes with.

I really like the way this game looks. I like being able to see the characters in such detail compared to the original and the monsters look great as well. I've only ever played the PS1 version. This is definitely one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles.