Character In Depth Discussion: Milly (DQ 6)

When discussion about Dragon Quest 6, it is often important to discuss about one of the earliest party member you get in the game!

Here we have Milly, a fortune teller assustance of sorts who actually seeks us out in order to save the world of the overarching threat. But this Seer has seen some trouble throught out her life. What will await out adventures?

So...thoughts on this character?

My thoughts about Milly are mostly characterized by the overwhelming disappointment that I had when I realized she had technically already been restored to her original self, and so had no grand moment of self-discovery like Carver and the Hero. She was otherwise generally unmemorable to me, outside of being attached to Terry who actually has a character arc.

I probably ought to go back and play VI to get back up to speed on her, but I'm already way behind on my IX analysis, so I'll care later.

generally unmemorable to me

My thoughts exactly.

Sadly, I've come to realize by all these topics how few DQ characters I really enjoy. It's probably why I went through the entirety of DQH2 with the 4 new characters new to that game and none of the "heroes" from other games.

Hey, don't worry about it, Platty! Although there are few dq character that you do enjoy, it makes those particular characters all the more special!

As for party, i do like that although she is a cool and nice person, she is actually as snarky as her brother and gives out wonderful backhanded comments on various npc ( i can see where terry gets it from).

People think terry has harsh remarks, but in dq monsters 2, milly mentions to the player " if you meet a person named terry, i want you crush him. He is nothing special" (post game). YIKES, she is not cutting terry any slack!

As for gameplay, i believe that she is the fastest in the game; often good for crowd control, which is VERY important for dq 6. She is also a decent magic user and her speed will make sure her magic will hit/heal first!

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing tgat shebdoesn't get her own exclusive arc but it gives milly and terry some character development (at least she is not nevan!...that is good, right?)

(Also... JaybirdC is making a DQ 9 analysis?! 0.0 Sweet! That sound interesting! I will leave the DQ 9 in your hands! So i will be sure not to make a similar topic until you finish! Best of luck!)

(P.s for the subtitle, the analysis has to be named "Death quest 9: Make the Pain Go Away" or Money Quest 9 : Why Am I So Broke?" XD )

My thoughts exactly.

Sadly, I've come to realize by all these topics how few DQ characters I really enjoy. It's probably why I went through the entirety of DQH2 with the 4 new characters new to that game and none of the "heroes" from other games.

To be fair you don't remember most character names.

There is one thing that really bugs me about Milly that I'm sure most long time Denizens know about, but I've beaten that dead horse to a fine powder so I won't repeat it. I don't have a strong opinion on Milly, but I remember her being rather calm and collected but could have a funny line thrown in, letting her reserved self go to the wayside.

It was kind of weird seeing her and Terry all grown up when I first played the DS version. Last time I saw the two they were just kids with Terry going off to rescue his sister.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

We need a Forum's Greatest Moments thread and this needs to be a part of it.

What's a Milly

She didn't stand out to me all that much. She was merely a tool for me to use in battle.

I didn't have much of an impression of her from 6(other than her backstory but even that seemed to be worked more into Terry's personality than hers) so I didn't really have much of an opinion on her until I played DQM 3DS. Her relationship with Terry in the post-game with how she tries to hold his hand and be a good big sister to him was adorable and made me like her as a character

My thoughts exactly.

18379cab2822e727b4c39f9f907b782f.jpg