Octopath Traveler

H'aanit chapter 3 is done. The boss was annoying. On Ophilia's chapter 3 now. The boss narrowly beat me. Gonna just grind up a couple levels real quick and I should be good to go

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it gooie, your post above (post #16) makes me wish I could play this!

You can take it's location as some kind of clue as to the locations of the remaining 7.  Once I sussed it out I sought out every single one of the basic job shrines before continuing.  It opens so man

I did.....in the far off future. 🤪

Just started the game (actual game, not the 3 hour demo) and based on popular demand I played as Primrose. Her story is immediately a thousand times more appealing (and better written) than Tressa's. Really glad I made the switch.

Haven't followed the thread hear out of fear of spoilers.

22 hours ago, Sumez said:

Just started the game (actual game, not the 3 hour demo) and based on popular demand I played as Primrose. Her story is immediately a thousand times more appealing (and better written) than Tressa's. Really glad I made the switch.

Haven't followed the thread hear out of fear of spoilers.

Fairly minor spoiler, but finding shrines for the classes will be useful later on so I highly recommend finding them when you can. I can provide maps if needed

Beat Ophilia chapter 3. I abused the cleric divine skill that match. Can't lose a battle if they can't hit you

All chapter 3s are done. Cyrus' is really cool. Primrose is intense albeit I saw the twist coming

• Like 1

Well, Cyrus chapter 4 didn't go how I had hoped. Died by turn 2 of the boss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've made a OLD Year's REsolution that I will finally complete Journey's End by the end of this year.  I beat first half of the final boss yesterday, which I'd never done before, so that's a good stepping stone into final victory.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:03 PM, The Dog of Zahan said:

I've made a OLD Year's REsolution that I will finally complete Journey's End by the end of this year.  I beat first half of the final boss yesterday, which I'd never done before, so that's a good stepping stone into final victory.

Keep at it my furry friend!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my copy & got into the game. Beat Therion & H'annit's chapter 1s last night.  I really want to be in this for the long haul.  Spent too much time this morning looking at some of the early game hints and such as I typically don't read too carefully.  The music and voice acting have already caught my attention, they're quite good!  The visuals are of course amazing!  Under 3 hours in, but really really like this battle system.

• 3 weeks later...

Just crossed the 30-hour mark while beating the final boss of my final chapter 2 character, Alf or whatever he is the alchemist (he's my least favorite so far, but it's like picking bad ice cream flavors, at some level all are good).  I did a bit of grinding to make chapter 2s go easily, so let's see how the difficulty ramps up for Chapter 3s tonight!

BTW, without searching all the way through this, did anyone here finish the game?

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

BTW, without searching all the way through this, did anyone here finish the game?

I did.....in the far off future. 🤪

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I don't know why Square Enix decided to release Octopath Traveler on Stadia considering Stadia's pretty much dead in the water, but if anyone's interested, here it is.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/octopath-traveler-now-available-for-stadia

Octopath-Traveler_04-28-20.jpg

Octopath Traveler is now available for Stadia, Square Enix announced.

The turn-based RPG featuring eight main characters first launched for Switch in July 2018, followed by PC via Steam in June 2019.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

About

Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.

Key Features

• Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete.
  • Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning eight vast regions and discover each character's full story as their journey unfolds.
  • Use each character's distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles.
  • Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses.
  • Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
  • Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world.

Watch the Stadia launch trailer below.

Edited by Dakhil
10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 5/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
I did.....in the far off future. emoji2957.png

Hey look, the future is coming true, NOW!

And almost one year later. So close to that anniversary of that post.

Can he beat the game by May 14th? WE’LL FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE!!!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1