Octopath Traveler

Neat, had seen that, but not clicked on it. I've always assumed we'd get Bravely Third, but jot followed too closely. This announcement makes me hungry, I've been really craving news like this. Yangus, I devoured all the information you posted. Yum yum, maybe 2020 to coincide with my Switch purchase!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it gooie, your post above (post #16) makes me wish I could play this!

You can take it's location as some kind of clue as to the locations of the remaining 7.  Once I sussed it out I sought out every single one of the basic job shrines before continuing.  It opens so man

I did.....in the far off future. 🤪

I hope it's a HD version of the games. They are gorgeous already and could really benefit from a HD version. Then they can give us 3 ;)

Alfyn chapter 2 done. Went back to grab some treasure with Therion while I level him up since he was my weakest. Also beat the jotun boss.

Also, I present you all with this

• 2 weeks later...

https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/22/july-2018-npd-octopath-traveler-and-grand-theft-auto-v-own-the-charts/

Software

Keep in mind that these numbers include physical sales from U.S. retailers and U.S. digital sales from participating publishers. Many of the biggest publisher participate, but Nintendo doesn’t share its first-party info, and Activision Blizzard doesn’t share Battle.net sales, for example.

These charts are sorted by dollar sales, not number of units sold.

1. Octopath Traveler*
2. Grand Theft Auto V
3. Mario Kart 8*
4. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
6. Far Cry 5
7. Super Mario Odyssey*
8. The Crew 2
9. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
10. Mario Tennis Aces *
11. FIFA 18**
12. Lego Incredibles
13. God of War (2018)
14. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker*
15. NBA 2K18
16. Call of Duty: WWII
17. Detroit: Become Human
18. MLB 18: The Show
19. Minecraft**
20. Destiny 2**

*No digital sales
**No PC digital sales

The persistent narrative around Nintendo right now is that its Switch doesn’t have any games, and yet it is having a dominant summer 2018. After coming out on top with Mario Tennis Aces in June, Octopath Traveler took the No. 1 spot in July. That classic-style role-playing game blew up on the console and was able to have an impressive debut.

“Octopath Traveler was the best-selling game of July 2018,” said Piscatella. “Half of July’s top 10 best-sellers are Nintendo platform exclusives.”

What a time to be alive.

Edited by Dakhil
Is it though? Because it’s also a time where, 5 years after launch, GTAV is still kicking everyone’s ass in dollar sales.
I'm saying that because I don't think I have seen a time where a JRPG is in first place in terms of dollar sales for one month. That's an accomplishment in itself.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.
Kill me now.

For 65565 exp.
*tries to do critical damage, misses*

*Plattym3 flees*

No dice.
3 hours ago, Dakhil said:

I'm saying that because I don't think I have seen a time where a JRPG is in first place in terms of dollar sales for one month. That's an accomplishment in itself.

But do correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m just being snarky. Fun fact: P4G is still consistently the top-selling Vita game.

23 hours ago, Dakhil said:

*tries to do critical damage, misses*

*Plattym3 flees*

No dice.

Question:  If a metal slime family monster fights another metal slime family monster, who DOES win?  Do they both stand there whiffing all day until one runs off? :D family monster

Picked this game up yesterday morning and have been trying to play it in between taking care of a newborn. About five hours in so far.

Picked this game up yesterday morning and have been trying to play it in between taking care of a newborn. About five hours in so far.
So this is what you do instead of sleep.
So this is what you do instead of sleep.
Hey, I have to decompress somehow.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
So this is what you do instead of sleep. emoji12.png

Hey, I have to decompress somehow.

Welcome, both to Family life and to the Octopath Traveler Family.   I still need to finish the grand finale, maybe this week I can finally clean it up.  BTW, Nerevar, who's your main?

Edited by The Dog of Zahan
Welcome, both to Family life and to the Octopath Traveler Family.   I still need to finish the grand finale, maybe this week I can finally clean it up.  BTW, Nerevar, who's your main?
I started with Cyrus.
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up the game for the first time in a while yesterday. Beat Olberic chapter 2. On my way to do the H'aanit chapter 2 now

DQ XI kinda stole me away from this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Alfyn chapter 3 is done. I think for some of the other chapter 3s, I will need to grind a bit just to be safe.

I was only starting on Chapter 2 for some folks, will have to get back to Octo once I am done with DQ XI.

Octopath Traveler has been nominated for the Best Storytelling and the Nintendo Game of the Year categories for the Golden Joystick Awards 2018. So you can vote for Octopath Traveler in those categories if you want.

Edited by Dakhil

Olberic and Therion Chapter 3s are done. Working on Tressa's now. I've gone and gotten a few more shrines done, so I have Primrose as part Scholar, Cyrus as part Cleric, Ophilia as part Apothecary, Tressa as part Thief, Therion as part Dancer, Alfyn as part Merchant, and Olberic as part Hunter.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:49 PM, Dakhil said:

Octopath Traveler has been nominated for the Best Storytelling and the Nintendo Game of the Year categories for the Golden Joystick Awards 2018. So you can vote for Octopath Traveler in those categories if you want.

Done and done

Tressa chapter 3 is done. Tried to do a side boss and almost won. I think I can do it next time now that I know the weaknesses prior to going into the fight.

23 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Tried to do a side boss and almost won. I think I can do it next time now that I know the weaknesses prior to going into the fight.

Nope. Still couldn't do it. Moving on to H'aanit chapter 3 instead