Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Octopath Traveler

On 7/23/2018 at 5:13 PM, Plattym3 said:

May have to give that dude a shot. He could be useful for some bosses.

I'm about to start Ophilia's chapter 2. I accidentally stumbled upon the thief shrine while trying to get to her location.

Ophilia's chapter 2 is done. Going to go do Alfyn next

On 7/23/2018 at 7:13 PM, Plattym3 said:

Solid tip, thanks Platty!  He's saved my bacon on the Chapter 3 bosses since you mentioned him.

• Like 1

At about 64 hours in, and all but two stories completed.  This game is amazing, and I'm proud to have stuck it out all the way through so far!

• Like 1

I've been slacking in the game. Mostly don't have the energy to play. Decided the best route to go right now would be to do Olberic's chapter 2 while I train Alfyn up a bit so he can handle his chapter 2 with ease.

At 68 hours, I've completed all Chapter 4s, gotten all finales, all 12 subclasses, and tied up two sidequest chains vital to post-game content.  Now it's a long grind for levels and resources for post-game stuff.  I'm happy with this so far!

My my, this guy is doggedly determined to 100% this game!

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

My my, this guy is doggedly determined to 100% this game!

Meanwhile the WoodStar guild is sitting around twiddling their thumbs in the Fetid Necropolis wondering when they’ll get back to exploring.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Wasn't feeling confident about the Olberic chapter 2 so I started grinding a bit as I went to find more cities. Made it to Goldshore and found the Merchant class. Will double back and get the Warrior class soon.

10 hours ago, Dakhil said:

This is honestly really encouraging. For a game that people initially dismissed for being more on the outdated side, it is really making a splash in the market.

This is honestly very discouraging. I mean, when did we become a click bait message board. I mean, how hard was it to type out a little message to preface the link?

Btw, Octopath has sold 1,000,000 copies. Guess we'll get a sequel, Decipath Travelers. I'd go with 9, but no one likes or easily remembers that prefix.
This is honestly really encouraging. For a game that people initially dismissed for being more on the outdated side, it is really making a splash in the market.
Maybe it's just a sign of worldwide release. **cough cough, dumbass Squeenix takes a year to translate DQ, cough cough**

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

This is honestly very discouraging. I mean, when did we become a click bait message board. I mean, how hard was it to type out a little message to preface the link?

I'm really sorry about that. I was at work when this happened, so I didn't have time to write a proper comment. I won't do that again. My apologies.

Just now, Dakhil said:

I'm really sorry about that. I was at work when this happened, so I didn't have time to write a proper comment. I won't do that again. My apologies.

It worked fine for me. I think maybe he just has issues seeing it because he's on Tapatalk or something. Don't sweat it duderino. These things happen :)

Didn't mean to sound so harsh, I was just trying to model my response after Democrobot.

It's just that these things seemingly have become more common since DQXI got announced. Someone will start a topic and say "hey Bob.com wrote about DQIX" and then just post a link. As a message board, I'd hope we'd just copy & paste the story if it's short or at least say what it's about. Personal preference as I hate clicking.

The links work on Tapatalk just fine, but for something so small, a screenshot or note would suffice.

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Didn't mean to sound so harsh, I was just trying to model my response after Democrobot.

It's just that these things seemingly have become more common since DQXI got announced. Someone will start a topic and say "hey Bob.com wrote about DQIX" and then just post a link. As a message board, I'd hope we'd just copy & paste the story if it's short or at least say what it's about. Personal preference as I hate clicking.

The links work on Tapatalk just fine, but for something so small, a screenshot or note would suffice.

I understand. Once again, I'm really sorry about that and I won't do that again. I'm also really sorry for I feel like I'm at fault for the clickbait-y nature of Dragon's Den nowadays.

6 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I understand. Once again, I'm really sorry about that and I won't do that again. I'm also really sorry for I feel like I'm at fault for the clickbait-y nature of Dragon's Den nowadays.

We will forgive you but first... youmust-bring-us-a-shrubbery-a-nice-one.

I don't even need a shrub. You're good.

Sorry dude, apparently Tapatalk showed me just about this. I've heard it shows a lot more in browsers. 6ee6f8e8acebf493250cb4fecaea2845.jpg

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Sorry dude, apparently Tapatalk showed me just about this. I've heard it shows a lot more in browsers. 6ee6f8e8acebf493250cb4fecaea2845.jpg

On desktop it loads the actual photo. That's why I assumed the issue was Tapatalk being the way it is

Square Enix on Octopath Traveler 1:
-Sales stronger than firm's pre-sales forecast; exceeded expectations especially in U.S. & Europe
- Higher-than-average ratio of download version vs packaged

Square Enix on Octopath Traveler 2:
- (Your analysis on success?) more appreciation to JRPG in recent years, game design that appeals to old Square Enix game fans, new elements including HD-2D, attractive characters etc.

Square Enix on Octopath Traveler 3:
-(You still think Switch's a good platform for middle-range games?) Yes.
-(Can we expect more of similar games from you?) Yes
-(Platforms?) Octopath is Switch exclusive, where appropriate for forthcoming ones.

Square Enix better not half-ass the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI (port wise and marketing wise).

Middle-range games?  Never heard that, but I think it's mainly all I play.

Since no one else has brought this up around here, this is as good a place as any to post this on the Den.

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Dj5yQnOUUAA4WCL_thumb.jpg

Dj5yQnOUUAA4WCL

Square Enix is teasing a new game in the Bravely series from Square Enix Business Division 11. On the official Japanese Twitter account for the series, a new image and message was shared. In addition to again sharing a congratulations message celebrating one million copies being shipped, it showcases one of the Bravely series’ fairies’ shadows and suggests the next game the developer is working on is a part of that series.

Here is the translation of the full Bravely series’ tweet:

It has already been reported,

Octopath 1 million shipped /

Thank you!

Well, well…… !?

Please keep an eye out for Square Enix 11 BD’s upcoming game. m_ _m

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DjqCQYU4AALLvZ_thumb-1.jpg

DjqCQY-U4AALLvZThe artwork in the tease also flips the image from the tweet celebrating one million shipments of Octopath Traveler, so it looks more like the silhouette of a fairy. It also makes it look like that game is casting the shadow of a cryst-fairy.

It should also be noted that the Twitter handle has been changed to “ブレイブリー◯◯◯◯◯” (Bravely ____) to go with the teaser.

Octopath Traveler is immediately available for the Nintendo Switch worldwide. Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Bravely Second: End Layer are both available for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/06/square-enix-teasing-a-new-bravely-game-on-twitter/#x8HZAfS6pc4PdxPP.99

I didn’t even notice the 1,000,000 copies image looked similar to Airy’s pose on Bravely Default’s boxart. Now I can’t unsee it! It’s about time we heard about the next Bravely game. Hopefully it’s script won’t be as....”interesting,” as Bravely Second’s was. Yes I know I’m the minority who wasn’t a fan of Bravely Second’s attempts at humor, and I’m sure Platty will point that out. Hooray for being different. (Flails arms)

I hope this is a sign for the third game. Its the one thing (other than a unique DQ game) that would get me to pick up a Switch sooner than later.