Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

Trial Changes

I know I've seen posts about people wanting to try the trial version, so I figured this would be relevant to them.

The September 6th Update will be changing the restrictions on the Windows and PS4 trial versions as follows:

• You will be able to advance the story up till "冥王ã®å¿ƒè‡“".
  • The level cap will be raised to level 50.
  • Job change and bank services will be available upon completion of their quests.

Whoa, now im really debating if I should just resub to ffxiv or play DQX haha.. Is that enough content to beat Ver 1 story?

Whoa, now im really debating if I should just resub to ffxiv or play DQX haha.. Is that enough content to beat Ver 1 story?

I'm not sure which quest that is (Hade's Heart as a translation), but it sounds like it gives you enough time to see if you would really like to subscribe to the game.

I'm not sure which quest that is (Hade's Heart as a translation), but it sounds like it gives you enough time to see if you would really like to subscribe to the game.

This is the final dungeon in the V1 story, sounds like you can play up to that part, meaning you can't finish V1. But that's still a lot of time to find out if you enjoy the game enough to subscribe.

What level do you typically beat Version 1 at? Is it feasible to make it there at level 50?

Alright, good to know! I'll keep an eye out, hopefully these trial changes come to the other versions as well.

Just started playing the trial and having a BLAST! Is there an updated guide that lists what a trial account can do?

Also, is there an updated guide on how to purchase/how much it costs a month? Thanks!

Just started playing the trial and having a BLAST! Is there an updated guide that lists what a trial account can do?

Also, is there an updated guide on how to purchase/how much it costs a month? Thanks!

For the most part I think it's the same, just you can do the story and hit lv50 now, as well as change classes and use the storage.

• For the story, here is a guide, it's in Japanese but you can translate the page with google and it's pretty easy to follow. Your main objective is to get at least 6 of the key emblems from the list there. Then something will happen.
  • Here is a list and guides for important quests Make sure you do quest 030 at level 10, located at the warehouse NPC to unlock your storage, as well as quest 034 to unlock class changing, this one might be a bit tough right at lvl20, so you can either wait, hire powerful A.I characters, or i could come help kill the thing. 
  • Not sure if trials can unlock the hidden classes, but here is a list with guides for the class quests, you will want to do the quests for your class to unlock some armor and a powerful skill.  Note that some of these require you to have Version 2 and 3 installed to unlock. 

The guide for subscribing should still be valid, don't think they changed anything with that but feel free to ask if you run into an issue with it.

• Upvote 1

For purchasing, the pinned posts help. I buy Webmoney codes and add it to my account as non-Japan credit cards are usually an issue.

• Upvote 1

I know I've seen posts about people wanting to try the trial version, so I figured this would be relevant to them.

The September 6th Update will be changing the restrictions on the Windows and PS4 trial versions as follows:

• You will be able to advance the story up till "冥王ã®å¿ƒè‡“".
  • The level cap will be raised to level 50.
  • Job change and bank services will be available upon completion of their quests.

I just logged in earlier and found out that I now have 5 character slots (only 3 previously).  :)

2017/18 is starting to appear like the best time to be a Dragon Quest fan!

For the most part I think it's the same, just you can do the story and hit lv50 now, as well as change classes and use the storage.

• For the story, here is a guide, it's in Japanese but you can translate the page with google and it's pretty easy to follow. Your main objective is to get at least 6 of the key emblems from the list there. Then something will happen.
  • Here is a list and guides for important quests Make sure you do quest 030 at level 10, located at the warehouse NPC to unlock your storage, as well as quest 034 to unlock class changing, this one might be a bit tough right at lvl20, so you can either wait, hire powerful A.I characters, or i could come help kill the thing. 
  • Not sure if trials can unlock the hidden classes, but here is a list with guides for the class quests, you will want to do the quests for your class to unlock some armor and a powerful skill.  Note that some of these require you to have Version 2 and 3 installed to unlock. 

The guide for subscribing should still be valid, don't think they changed anything with that but feel free to ask if you run into an issue with it.

Hey, thanks!

One more question, I picked a warrior, but I'm debating what weapon to use. Is sword n' board better for soloing? If not, I really like the ax!

Hey, thanks!

One more question, I picked a warrior, but I'm debating what weapon to use. Is sword n' board better for soloing? If not, I really like the ax!

I used the 2H sword when i played warrior,  you should use what you enjoy for now.  You will have a team of AI companions so you don't need to worry about soloing or anything.

As far as skill points go, you will be able to reset later so you don't need to stress over that. But here is a skill simulator (in Japanese) for the future.

• Upvote 1

Hey, thanks!

I used the 2H sword when i played warrior,  you should use what you enjoy for now.  You will have a team of AI companions so you don't need to worry about soloing or anything.

As far as skill points go, you will be able to reset later so you don't need to stress over that. But here is a skill simulator (in Japanese) for the future.

Ah, I see! Thanks so much for the skill simulator, I was wondering about that! Can't wait to sink more hours into this game  :wd_coolslime: