Sign in to follow this  
The Mystical One

Super Bonus Dungeon Help Thread of Fun

I was going to post this in progress, but thought it might be nice to have a thread for helping with Memories Lane bonus dungeon.

I am up to Servant of Darkness in Memoriam. He hurts so much.  Kamikazi/Death Dance/Kathwack works fine or me to kill off the minions, but then I am never able to stabilize my party to be able to damage him much before he kills me dead.

Gear/Party/Skill suggestions welcome.  Everyone is around Level 55 and I favor Hero/Red/Morrie/Angelo, so Jessica and Yangus are kinda poorly geared comparatively.

For Servant of darkness I seem to remember poisoning him with Red's Toxic Sword ability and then focusing on surviving until he dies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For Servant of darkness I seem to remember poisoning him with Red's Toxic Sword ability and then focusing on surviving until he dies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's what I did for Leopold. That works on him too?

I'm pretty sure that works. I do remember having a lot of trouble with that fight though.

Yep. That worked out well.  Got the minions killed off in two rounds, got people revived, defending championed with red and the hero, and put morrie and angelo to focus on healing and rode it all out.

What I did for the Servant was kamikazee my hero so then the only problem is the Servant

Really, all of thems are just really... REALLY. REALLY. Hard. The only unfair one is Dhoulmagus II in Memorium, who is BS incarnate. Estark is tough, but he is more "blunt" and just does high damage which keeps you on the ropes. He does not shred up your team and troll it every round like Dhoulmagus.

I just got to Dhoulmagus in Mem, haven't attempted it yet, going to try to get magic burst first.

I just got to Dhoulmagus in Mem, haven't attempted it yet, going to try to get magic burst first.

I think its useless. It makes another member having to use an elven elixer which takes too much time. You could have full health and full buffs one turn, have only living party members with half health the next.

I didn't really have too much trouble with ruin. The hardest part about him is his physical defense, and since he does 3 attacks at a time defense lowering effects like sap/helm splitter only last 1/3 as long. My advice is to make sure Jessica has high evasion (fisticuffs tree helps too) and boost her tension as fast as you can with ToTs/Intennso and hit him with some Kafrizzles as your main damage. The rest of your team will have to focus on healing/reviving.

Edit: on a slightly unrelated note it bother the heck out of me that my hero is the only character that doesn't get a spell/ability with a guaranteed revive (no i don't count monster teams, that's the monster's ability :P). So does anyone know if there's any way to get yggdrasil leaves other than the bazaar that only lets you carry one at a time?

Edited by SlimeVagrant

That's more or less the advice I've seen elsewhere, but like.. after three attacks, sometimes two people are dead, and then it becomes very hard to recover.  Probably this is the point I need to level up? Currently ~56

Yeah, I would level up some, I believe I was around level 70 when I fought him.

Just beat Dhoulmagus in Mem 1 and 2 without too much trouble. His first form was a bit tricky, but magic burst made quick work of 2 of the clones (I guess 2 of them have lower health). I beat Dhoulmagus 2 with pretty standard strats. He never defeated more than one party member at a time and all of his spells barely did any damage. If I'm not mistaken I believe this means I've unlocked Estark. I hope he has his music from DQIV still, this is would be my first time fighting him outside of DQIV and DQIX.