Sign in to follow this  
SlimeVagrant

Purple chests not respawning?

Started up my game again yesterday for the first time in a long while. I went into memories lane to find all the purple chests already opened.

From what I understand they work like blue chests which respawn at midnight and it checks if you have changed the clock to prevent you from cheating it.

So I figured it was probably because I hadn't played since I changed the clock for daylight savings. Come midnight however, they were still opened and they still havent at the time of typing this. Maybe Im remembering wrong but I could've sworm the purple chests were supposed to respawn like the blue ones (I havent checked any blue chests yet though) Am I just remembering wrong? is there a fix?

I was under the impression it took 24 hours. Give it another day and see what happens.

I was under the impression it took 24 hours. Give it another day and see what happens.

No, it's 12am or 0 one-hundred hours when they reset.  It's not like DQ7's DLC where it checks for 24-hours passed since, it's based on the actual system clock time hitting 12am.

Started up my game again yesterday for the first time in a long while. I went into memories lane to find all the purple chests already opened.

From what I understand they work like blue chests which respawn at midnight and it checks if you have changed the clock to prevent you from cheating it.

So I figured it was probably because I hadn't played since I changed the clock for daylight savings. Come midnight however, they were still opened and they still havent at the time of typing this. Maybe Im remembering wrong but I could've sworm the purple chests were supposed to respawn like the blue ones (I havent checked any blue chests yet though) Am I just remembering wrong? is there a fix?

That's your problem, your guess is spot on.

A fix?  There are several potential fixes, none of which are guaranteed.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35978

Another potential fix is to shut off the system, turn it back on, then run a system update check, then turn it off again, then turn it on again, and maybe it works tomorrow.  Once it works again, it will work until you change your clock again.  Essentially for DQ8, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR CLOCK.  Thank SE for the poor coding, and Nintendo for not properly accounting for this issue, or testing for it.

Edited by ignasia7

I checked this morning about 2 days since I started playing again and they finally respawned. Im back in seed heaven.

• Upvote 1