Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

Cranberry's Dragon Quest X Side Game

Thank you Avenger. I appreciate that. While I knew this was a small project with limited interest, going all weekend without so much as a comment was disheartening. Even that comment just acknowledging it's existence and the work that went into it means a lot to me.

No problem. Some small promotional suggestions. In the first post there should be a paragraph sized introduction to the game. Like the one on back of a video game's packaging. Many people just coming here may not know what the game is about. Also maybe a cross link from the Dragon Quest 11 board or an English based Dragon Quest board to get people's eyes' here who normally don't involve themselves with DQ X but may want to get a taste of it from your game. And for the final idea, you probably know better than me. There must be boards where people who make their own rpg's gather where you can likewise promote the game.

Perhaps I should give a bit of an introduction to it.

What if the prophecy was wrong? He was chosen by destiny to embark on a great quest and save his world. Rising to the challenge after the destruction of his home-town, he journeyed across the land searching for the demon responsible, the lord of the underworld. His quest lead to a great confrontation in the demon lord's palace, destined to defeat the demon and avenge his home. But destiny was wrong... Set in the world of Dragon Quest X, DQX Side Story tells the tale of a young girl that learns of the death of her brother, who was supposed to be the destined hero. A destiny that failed to occur, and has spun the world down an alternate time-line. She sets off in search of the Time Warrior, a mysterious entity that has the power to repair the damage to the world's timeline and save the life of her brother. But can a world that has been abandoned by destiny truly survive? -See the world of Dragon Quest X in English for the first time. No monthly fee necessary! -Meet familiar characters and locations from DQX, as well as brand new ones in a new story set in an alternate timeline of the original game. -Traditional 2D RPG game-play.

Edited by Cranberry
  • Upvote 1

So, has anyone given this a try?

If so, we'd love to hear your feedback. (^-^)

Is this something you made in RPG Maker or the like?  I'll have to check it out once my addiction to DQX dies down a little and I have some time.

Chapter 2 has been made available.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwDrROZNEQ-TQ25tXzE1WWxwWnM

It is recommended to start over, as Chapter 1 has been enhanced.  There is also a bug carrying over an old file.  If you try and equip a belt, the game can crash if you are on an old save file.  I can fix this for your.  Contact me and I can fix the save file for you.  If you start over, this won't be an issue.