Sign in to follow this  
Neko

What exclusive to Switch content do you predict and/or want DQ XI to g

So as most of you know, the PS4 version and 3DS versions each have their own exclusive content.  2D mode for example has been stated to always be exclusive to the 3DS version.

That being said, the Nintendo Switch version, especially with a longer development time is very likely to have its own exclusive, or new content.

I think voice acting is one possibility.  It has been said that one of the reasons why voice acting was left out was because the script generally has to finalized a long time in advance for voice work to be done in a timely manner, but the script kept changing nearly up until the end.  And they didn't want to delay the game any further.  So with the switch version coming out sometime next year, they technically have time to add voice acting if they wanted to.  I don't think it's really necessary, but I think they did phenomenal job with the Japanese Dub for 3DS DQ VIII port (And a great job even with like DQ Heroes voice acting) so I wouldn't mind seeing it with XI. 

Of course, voice acting may not even be something exclusive.  I could see it being patched in, and the English PS4 version having it anyway (or possible other future versions).

But one thing that would be actually exclusive to Nintendo switch version of DQ if they added it, would be amiibo support.  It would be a good excuse to finally see some Dragon Quest amiibo (like the iconic blue slime amiibo). It would be pretty fun to be able to scan regular nintendo character amiibo, and maybe get recipes to craft specific cameo gear like the hyrule shield, Mario's hat, Marth's Falchion...etc..  Or maybe the amiibo could do other things too.  There's a lot of possibilities here. 

So what are some ideas for exclusive or new content for Nintendo Switch version that you predict, or would like to see?  

I'd like to see none, since I never really plan on getting that version.

What they'll do? Eh, maybe some mini games incorporating something the controllers can uniquely do.

I'd like to see none, since I never really plan on getting that version.

What they'll do? Eh, maybe some mini games incorporating something the controllers can uniquely do.

Well damn, this is odd. It's the first time Platty has been in sync with me on something.

• Upvote 1

I want an 8-bit mode. The 3DS version has 2D 16-bit mode, so let's have the other Nintendo system version have a different artstyle too. That would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

I want an 8-bit mode. The 3DS version has 2D 16-bit mode, so let's have the other Nintendo system version have a different artstyle too. That would be awesome.

Maybe the PS4 should get a 32-bit version then, DWVII style,

• Upvote 1

Maybe the PS4 should get a 32-bit version then, DWVII style,

I'd be down for that. If it means we'd get improved music quality based on the Dragon Warrior 7's midi/synth, I'd be all for it even more.

I think it would be nice if the Nintendo Switch version has 2D mode as well. Maybe with Project Octopath Traveller styled graphics? (Although I imagine it's very unlikely.)

I would like some monsters that deserve justice like the Wild Chappy, Ursa Mega, Emissions Alchemist, Ice Dracky, Shabby Cat, Caper Tiger (Gets a different coloration just like the Side Winder), Cheeky Devil, Mad Smith, Quetzalcoatlus, Emerald Demon, among others.

• Upvote 1

deserve justice

What you need is a lawyer. Where's Sword when we need him?!

deserve justice

What you need is a lawyer. Where's Sword when we need him?!

I won't do it pro bono, but the Den Member discount is pretty good.

Ideally nothing. I'd hate feeling like the ps4 version was incomplete. But if anything, I'd say if the ps4 version really doesn't have a chance of getting this in the locilized version, I'd want voice acting and orchestral music. Especially orchestral music. I just want this in general, preferably on the ps4. But I'll buy the switch version if that means I'd get this.

• Upvote 1

I get the feeling the Switch will have the following:

1) PS4 and 3DS graphics, so PS4 3D, 3DS 3D, and 3DS 2D

2) VA work.  I think the original lacked this due to time constraints more than anything else.  Horii already took it over the intended deadline, as it was released 3 months past the final 30th anniversary date.

3) Some special feature in the game like a special sidequest that's not present in the other two versions.  Maybe something really simple like a minor quest system that leads to a special unique piece of gear related to past DQ games, or materials for gears in the game.

I get the feeling the Switch will have the following:

1) PS4 and 3DS graphics, so PS4 3D, 3DS 3D, and 3DS 2D

2) VA work.  I think the original lacked this due to time constraints more than anything else.  Horii already took it over the intended deadline, as it was released 3 months past the final 30th anniversary date.

3) Some special feature in the game like a special sidequest that's not present in the other two versions.  Maybe something really simple like a minor quest system that leads to a special unique piece of gear related to past DQ games, or materials for gears in the game.

I think that's a bit too much for the Switch. It's memory is significantly less than the ps4 so the graphics would have to be severely downgraded. Even voice acting would strain its limited memory. I don't think both will be possible. At the end of the day of the day, I think We're either getting a heavily gimped version of the ps4 game (similar to that Dragon quest heroes collection, which had performance problems as well as the obvious downgrades) or a hd release of the 3ds game.

I'd be content with a PS4 version adaptation that I can play in bed on the Switch.

I've dumped a lot of hours into Disgaea 5 Switch because I can play it before going to sleep.

I'd be content with a PS4 version adaptation that I can play in bed on the Switch.

I've dumped a lot of hours into Disgaea 5 Switch because I can play it before going to sleep.

I'll just stream my PS4 to my Vita.