Sign in to follow this  
Yawara

Version 4

Version 4 is set to release on November 16, 2017

PV

Oh boy! Time travel! 

... I think. 

Looks like they dropped the version numbering scheme and just call it an "add-on package." The price is a little hard to swallow for people buying the version 1-3 all in one for the all new PS4 and/or Switch versions like 2 months before. I'm going to be owning the Switch and PC versions so I guess I have to buy the upgrade for both platforms.

Edit: By the way, I would translate the title of this installment as "A 5000 year journey, to a distant homeland."

Edited by Avenger

I was hoping this would be released in Japan tomorrow.  I just found out that the release date was pushed to November.  So bummed out right now.

I was hoping this would be released in Japan tomorrow.  I just found out that the release date was pushed to November.  So bummed out right now.

The item being released now is the PS4 versions 1-3 package. It is a little annoying that you have to double down so soon in November for version 4. I'm buying the Switch version next month so I'll have the same issue. I plan to be running both the PC and Switch versions.

The item being released now is the PS4 versions 1-3 package. It is a little annoying that you have to double down so soon in November for version 4. I'm buying the Switch version next month so I'll have the same issue. I plan to be running both the PC and Switch versions.

Wikipedia doesn't seem to indicate that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_X

• Version 3
  • Wii, Wii U, Windows
    • JP: April 30, 2015
  • Version 4
  • Wii U, Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch
    • JP: November 16, 2017

Without being able to cite an actual article I'm not confident in making any wiki updates.

Wikipedia doesn't seem to indicate that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_X

• Version 3
  • Wii, Wii U, Windows
    • JP: April 30, 2015
  • Version 4
  • Wii U, Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch
    • JP: November 16, 2017
Without being able to cite an actual article I'm not confident in making any wiki updates.

You are confused. Version 4 has always been scheduled to come out in November. The all in one package (versions 1 through 3) came out in Japan "today" as scheduled. http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/9c19a2aa1d84e04b0bd4bc888792bd1e/

Then the wiki page is incorrect in its release information of versions 1-3 for PS4. Thanks.

I'm not going to buy two PS4 versions, though.  I have an all-in-one package PC version from a few years ago.  I'll start with that and transition to PS4 when the update is available.

Why not just wait until November and get the updated version for Switch?  2 months longer wait isn't so bad, if the benefit is extra content.

Edited by Liamland

You can't play version 4 on your PS4 without version 1-3 on the Playstation 4. The registration code from the PC version may work so that you could borrow 1-3 from a friend or buy it used but as the PS4 is a separate monthly payment from the PC/Nintendo monthly payment I would not be suprised if it requires you to own a new registration code for the PS4 version for 1-3. Version 4 is an expansion pack you can't just buy it and play the game without the other disks.

I would think to play version 4 on the Switch you need the 1-3 version from the Switch as well. I don't think the 1-3 code from the PC would work. Unless it worked that way for the Wii/PC. But how would you get the software? I know the monthly fee works interchangeably between the Switch and PC but I still thought you needed a full set of registration codes for both versions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Version codes are definitely exclusive to each console. PC codes shouldn't work on any other platform. 

Thanks. I will pick up the physical versions 1-3 for PS4 in Japan, and just download the update in November.

Oh boy! Time travel! 

... I think. 

Yep. The Chekhov's Gun of Dragon Quest X, to see what Asotilla looked like before Nelgel, Madesagora and Nadraga became dangerous threats.

Version 4 is set to release on November 16, 2017

PV

I remember seeing that dark knight escape from Nadraga's world before the big illusion of him disappears, so I think that dark knight is most likely the Greater Scope Villain of Dragon Quest X.

Version codes are definitely exclusive to each console. PC codes shouldn't work on any other platform.

Thanks. Now that I think about it, in order to get the software on your Switch or PS4, you have to buy it anyway so whether the registration codes have to be added to your account in really secondary. You still need to buy the software. I was thinking if you buy one update on a device, it would be valid for all but you still need to get the update software on all your devices.

Yes, both the PC and WiiU will be getting improvements in their graphics. Because of that they have changed the base PC requirement specs for the PC http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/5129a5ddcd0dcd755232baa04c231698/

For most people the need for a registration code and the software go hand in hand but in my case I play both on the WiiU and the PC so I purchase the updates for the WiiU and borrow my mother's disc for her PC updates for my PC version. This kind of sharing only makes sense if you play on more than one system.

Yes, both the PC and WiiU will be getting improvements in their graphics. Because of that they have changed the base PC requirement specs for the PC http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/5129a5ddcd0dcd755232baa04c231698/

For most people the need for a registration code and the software go hand in hand but in my case I play both on the WiiU and the PC so I purchase the updates for the WiiU and borrow my mother's disc for her PC updates for my PC version. This kind of sharing only makes sense if you play on more than one system.

Do the graphical updates just come out at the same time or are we required to purchase Version 4 for the updates?

Ah so you really only need one update registration code between the PC and WiiU. Since you have someone else who actually purchased the update software for you on the PC, it saved you from buying it. Too bad the PC update software isn't freely available or else I could do the same thing between my Switch and the PC.

I haven't seen anything about it, but is the 3DS version receiving the update, too?

I haven't seen anything about it, but is the 3DS version receiving the update, too?

Since the 3ds version is just a server forwarding the display to the 3ds, it gets upgraded automatically. There is no upgrade cost.

Since the 3ds version is just a server forwarding the display to the 3ds, it gets upgraded automatically. There is no upgrade cost.

That's what I was hoping, since I hadn't seen anything mention of if with regards to Version 4. Thanks!

Looks like there will be a new class

Druid it is

DHlEe7uV0AAQskf.jpg

Looks like there will be a new class

Druid it is

DHlEe7uV0AAQskf.jpg

Seems like some sort of Elementalist. It says you can freely manipulate the power of nature.