How long have you been here?

I officially signed up on 28 April 2017. Although, I have been a lurker on this forum for a lot longer. Dunno why I took this long to sign up.

Edited by Psaro

It's written in everyone's profiles)

My join date is May 19th, 2014 + few weeks of lurking.

I joined october the 2 2013 i had been lurking around for a cople of months

Been a member since November 16, 2007, shortly after Slime Knights closed (if I recall). Since then I've been here off and on.

• Upvote 1

I joined in 2011, to try and recruit people to play DQIX Multiplayer in NYC.  I'd been coming to the Den site for information for years, though.

I was one of the regulars from the old Enix Forums during the high point, back in 2000-2002--Dragon Warrior VII's upcoming and post release.  Once the Square Enix merger killed the forum, I tried Slime Knights, but couldn't get into it, so my interactions with other DQ fans lay relatively dormant from 2006 to 2010, when Dragon Quest IX came out and I wanted to meet other fans to try the multiplayer.

I've been a member since June 23rd of 2013. Looked at the main site a few times before joining, but after playing most of the main DQ games I figured I'd join. Decided to name my profile after my favorite DQ character, and here we are, nearly 10,000 posts later.

• Upvote 1

It's written in everyone's profiles)

My join date is May 19th, 2014 + few weeks of lurking.

Thought it'd be more fun to ask this way. :P

Been a member since November 16, 2007, shortly after Slime Knights closed (if I recall). Since then I've been here off and on.

Ah Slime Knights! I had made an account and it shut down before I had really started posting.

I joined in 2011, to try and recruit people to play DQIX Multiplayer in NYC.  I'd been coming to the Den site for information for years, though.

I was one of the regulars from the old Enix Forums during the high point, back in 2000-2002--Dragon Warrior VII's upcoming and post release.  Once the Square Enix merger killed the forum, I tried Slime Knights, but couldn't get into it, so my interactions with other DQ fans lay relatively dormant from 2006 to 2010, when Dragon Quest IX came out and I wanted to meet other fans to try the multiplayer.

Were you able to meet anyone? I was only able to play with one of my friends. The rest were in uninterested.

I've been a member since June 23rd of 2013. Looked at the main site a few times before joining, but after playing most of the main DQ games I figured I'd join. Decided to name my profile after my favorite DQ character, and here we are, nearly 10,000 posts later.

10,000 posts?! Cor Blimey! I have some catching up to do.

Since September 15th, 2014. Huh, it's been longer than I thought.

Time really does fly huh?

Ah Slime Knights! I had made an account and it shut down before I had really started posting.

I had member points, and I used them to grab a couple posters as well as The Silent Hope, which still rests in my DQVIII guidebook, unopened.

I joined the Den on June 8th, 2014, which means I've been here for just over three years. (Woah!)

I never lurked the forums before I joined, but I had been on the main site in the past to use some of the tools for DQIX.

2004 = Created my account to $#!&@ about DQ8's new spell names (ha!)

2004 -> 2011 = All star lurking

2011 = Actually started to contribute to discussions & contests

Were you able to meet anyone? I was only able to play with one of my friends. The rest were in uninterested.

A few from The Den.  One I traveled up to Poughkeepsie NY to meet at a fast food place for DQIX DLC transfer, another I met up with in Greenpoint Brooklyn.  Plattym3 came to one of our NintendoNY meet-ups when he was visiting.  We did a a few rounds of DQIX Tag mode multiplayer with a rallied group of about 6 semi-regular and regular DQ meet-up members (photos posted in the NintendoNY topic in the DQIX forum).  I also met up with But Thou Must for DQIX multiplayer and DLC transfer, when he was visiting NYC, though none of the other regulars were available to attend that day, unfortunately.  Pendy and I met in Tokyo in November, 2016, and had a whole DQ day including a trip to the Square Enix Cafe, various used-video game stores selling classic DQ games, a DQ-themed Lawson convenience store, and Artnia the Square Enix Store/Cafe.  I saw Pendy again last month in Seoul, South Korea, along with DQ cosplayer NyaniSore.  I've also met various Questers at PAX East and NY Comicon as well.  Most recently I met Liz from the DQIX Boston meet-up at PAX East, hung out with DQ cosplayers Michi and Phavorianne at the Square Enix photo area and chatted with Aurailen, HeroYuusha and Westy near the DQH2 demo at the Square Enix booth.  All the fan interaction has been really fun, and talking with Square Enix marketing at each of the events and knowing they listen to the fans (even if they can't always do what we want) has all been a really amazing experience.

Edited by Liamland

I've lurked ever since DQ9's release, I joined in 2011 a bit before Joker 2's release and was super active for a few years but now I check in and out every few months when there's some new info.

Joined in 2010. I lurked a bit before that. I had a few really active years and then December 2014 hit and I kinda went dormant for a while. I came back and now I just kinda hang out here since I haven't had many new Dragon Quest games to play (I do have Builders but so far no major issues that I need to consult the den with). For anyone who was around in my early days and then they see me now they'll have watched me grow a lot. Scary to think how much the Denizens have witnessed with me

I've been here quite a while ;)

• Upvote 4

Not long enough though

Not long enough though

He%27s_right_you_know.jpg

Haha.  You don't say...

I have been lurking and using Woodus since I was like 6 lol, so around 2005 or 2006, though that was mostly for walkthroughs and help with parts of the game. I joined like 3 years ago in 2014 though.

Edited by Basileus Habel Granvanias

Time really does fly huh?

To the point where I'm left to wonder if I'll just wake up one day as an old man on the release day for DQXVI. While I'd be curious about the five DQs I would presumably have missed (while lamenting gray hair or lack thereof), I doubt I'd find myself moping too much about time in that scenario.

November 2003. I remember because I'd been using the Den for a while as I finally played DQV and DQVI via emulators. When I finished them, I made an account and posted here asking for suggestions on other RPGs as I'd really only played DW/DQ to that point and a short select few others.

My account went bye bye when I disappeared for a couple years. Woodus doesn't even know what happened there, but he recovered what he could and when I returned I've stuck ever since!