Sign in to follow this  
Alchemyst_xvi

Want to buy Dragon Quest 8 for 3ds with all DLC so far

Hello Dragon Questers, I was just wondering if anyone had a copy of Dragon Quest 8 for 3ds (North American version if possible) with all the main dlc (weapons, accessories, super seeds etc) to date and was willing to sell it.  I missed several in the beginning due to servers.  8 was the game that introduced me to the series so the childhood memories and ocd completionist in me wants a complete copy.  Ideally, there would be a second file where I could play through again using the dlc items collected.  PM and we can negotiate a price.  I will of course cover shipping.  Thanks and happy questing!

Yikes. Welcome to the Den, and best of luck with that request!

I know it's a long shot, but I figured here at least I know people play it so I thought I would give it a try.  

And thanks glad to be here.  You guys post a lot of helpful stuff.

Edited by Alchemyst_xvi

Welcome to the Den! :)

If you don't find a complete copy of the game, then don't forget there's a chance that they'll restart the cycle of items once it reaches its end.

Otherwise, I don't know how VIII does it, but IX had all the DLC on the cartridge, and downloading it actually just set it to unlock, so I was able to get it all via an Action Replay DSi and the DQIX Save Editor. So if they put all of VIII's DLC on the cartridge, then maybe you could get it via Powersaves or a similar device?

Either way, good luck with the quest, and I hope to see you around the Den!

Edited by gooieooie

I know it's a long shot, but I figured here at least I know people play it so I thought I would give it a try.

And thanks glad to be here. You guys post a lot of helpful stuff.

True, I know we have a few people collecting the items on a 2nd save. Not sure who's up for selling, but hope you luck out!

Welcome!

The items would already be programmed into the game code (otherwise every download would basically have to rewrite the game to accept new items), I highly doubt anybody here's been religiously downloading VIII's bonus items since day one of sales, but it's likely they're on a download cycle, like the DLC from IX. Your options at this point sound like patience and hacking.

Might not be doing this multiquote right so I apologize in advance but you both were kinda saying the same thing.  Patience I can do.  Do either of you know when it is scheduled to run its course? After that point, I can just try downloading and see if it gives me the first item (candy cane I believe?).

In regard to hacking and action replay/powersaves, I do not know much about that.  Are there hacks to get them? I take it that is sketchy territory so I prefer that as a last resort.  And what is the turn around for codes or saves? Probably after the items finish I would imagine...

Sorry; no idea. Remember. we only think it's set for a rotation based on prior SQEX behavior.

Hacking I don't know much about either; I think there might be one or two romhackers on the forum?

No need for romhacks, just a hacked 3ds. There's an NTR cheat plugin that gives you all items x950

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Really? So it has the DLC items like the Candy Cane and Ye Olde Sword of Erdrick? 950 seems excessive lol

• Upvote 1

Yep, gives you everything. Dunno why its 950 though, that's probably the upper limit. You could just sell or discard most of them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's good to know in case they don't recycle them. And it will get you hella gold to start out with. How did you go about doing this? Like modding. And do you have pictures of this stuff?

I mean I will wait to see if it recycles but if not this will be perfect.