Sign in to follow this  
Avenger

Connecting Switch, Wii to Amazon Web Services. Possible?

I use AWS with the PC version of the game too but I have a question. Can you redirect your PC's WIFI to use it? I want to be able to connect the Switch version (when available) to my PC's Wifi and use Amazon Web services. Is this possible? Right now you select a program running on the PC using proxycap to be redirected but how about an external Wifi connection? If possible can you give me instructions on how to do it? Or otherwise, do I need to use a VPN to do this? Thanks?

Edited by Avenger

There's a thread on this, but it's quite old. I'd have to dig a bit to find it. However, that's what Mimas and Cran use. As for the switch... it's no t an absolute that that'll require a VPN since it's a purported handheld console hybrid device. The 3ds version has yet to require a VPN to connect.

There's a thread on this, but it's quite old. I'd have to dig a bit to find it. However, that's what Mimas and Cran use. As for the switch... it's no t an absolute that that'll require a VPN since it's a purported handheld console hybrid device. The 3ds version has yet to require a VPN to connect.

Yes please if you can find it. I used the main AWS thread to learn how to use AWS with proxycap and the like but I am not sure how to use it with an incoming Wi-fi connection to go out via AWS. I thought cran used an ordinary VPN. I could use technique this for some other purposes as well so if someone can help, I thank you in advance.

I use Softether. I've never used AWS. I could never figure out a way to get the Wii to see AWS.

I use Softether. I've never used AWS. I could never figure out a way to get the Wii to see AWS.

Do you pay for Softether? I see it is a piece of software but do you pay for the VPN connections? I've used Overplay before which Mimas mentioned in her post that Ashes linked to.

Thanks for the link Ashes. Although I don't think this will work with AWS since it really isn't a VPN but I wanted to know this procedure anyway. If anyone can think of a way to combine the use of wifi hotspot software with AWS, please let me know.

SoftEther is completely free. I don't pay any kind of fees. It does require sharing a connection with a PC though. So I need a Wii LAN adapter to use this.

SoftEther is completely free. I don't pay any kind of fees. It does require sharing a connection with a PC though. So I need a Wii LAN adapter to use this.

I understand how the hotspot software works in the post but where do you plug the lan wire from Wii lan adapter into? Doesn't it have to go into the PC somehow? This is interesting for those who want a fully wired connection.

My connection is not fully wired.

My PC has a wireless card.

The Wii LAN cable goes into my Ethernet port on the PC.

I then share the VPN'd Internet connection to the Ethernet port to Wii.

My connection is not fully wired.

My PC has a wireless card.

The Wii LAN cable goes into my Ethernet port on the PC.

I then share the VPN'd Internet connection to the Ethernet port to Wii.

Got it. AWS is really stable. I wish I understood it enough to formulate a solution to use it with the hotspot software. If no one has any ideas, I'll have to look into it some more. The proxycap software works with pointing it to software to be redirected but that won't work with the Windows concept of a Wifi connection.

I do the opposite of Cran and use the wireless card in my PC to send out a signal to the Wii U via mHotspot.

Cranberry I am really interested In how this works. I connect my pc to a vpn. I have tried a mobile hotspot on the windows 10 but when I connect my PS4 and switch it won't connect when the vpn is active. I have even tried doing it ur way wireless then a wire to the PS4 but no luck.

SoftEther creates in my network and Internet connections a "VPN - VPN Client".  I then share that connection to my local area connection.

26315341a4d18c2d34e826a466c33d9abf516e2.

I did a little google searching and there are ways to run a VPN on top of AWS Services. Some are more complicated than others. The easier one I saw uses AWS Cloud Services but it doesn't show the client setup on a Windows PC, only a Mac. I have to look into if the PC can use the same protocols that are needed. The harder ones involve running a slew of Linux commands on your instance to set it up which I wouldn't be too comfortable with.