Localization News: DQXI

Hoping it comes September or later.

As much as I would love to say I want it ASAP, I wouldn't mind the delay either.

I still haven't played DQH2 or Builders.

90edaf2112951093518d79226f7ca1a5.jpg

As much as I would love to say I want it ASAP, I wouldn't mind the delay either.

Heeeey, you and I are in the same boat. Although, I am taking steps to correct that. Playing DQH, which might be a prelude to Heroes 2.

DQH is one I've actually played and beat. First PS4 game played and beaten.

I actually got my PS4 to catch up on the DQ games. Of course, I was also playing DQ VIII at the same time, so my time has been split.

With DQ VIII beat, I'll probably be playing Fallout 4 and Pokemon UM (after it comes out) till January/February....then hop into DQH 2 next, followed by Builders.

Of course, my plans always change so in essence, they mean nothing lol

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our product manager played the game all the way through, barely touching sidequests, and his file is 95 hours. Mine is close to 200, but I also know I left it running a lot, so I'd estimate somewhere

Man...who knew the can of worms I would open by talking about and posting this article. The preview was in the previews section, a few pages in. I'd call it the rough middle of the magazine.

A game that's merely translated often ends up as uninspired drivel. Localization adds much deserved personality to a game, and DQ exudes personality, no matter what you may think of the series. There

Posted Images

You seriously need to get those games! They are extremely fun! I plan on rebuying Builders for the Switch when I get one.

You seriously need to get those games! They are extremely fun! I plan on rebuying Builders for the Switch when I get one.

I know!

I used to buy every game that I wanted at the moment I wanted it but it resulted in a huge backlog of games that were purchased at far too high of a price.

Now I buy a few games, play and beat them, then move on. It helps ensure I actually beat the games I buy and also saves money because by the time I get a game the price has usually dropped. I do, however, make exceptions to the rule for major releases (like DQ VII and VIII for the 3DS, and other highly-desired retro games that I come across).

• Upvote 2

I know I cried a little bit of happiness when I found out. Question is, which version would I get... 3DS, PS4 or both. Since apparently there's going to be a cross save option via password.

I'm going to get all three assuming the Switch version is released here too.

Also, the PS4/Switch versions are built in Unreal Engine, so I wouldn't be surprised by a PC port. I'm not holding my breath though.

I know I cried a little bit of happiness when I found out. Question is, which version would I get... 3DS, PS4 or both. Since apparently there's going to be a cross save option via password.

The cross-save option has me thinking I'll get both...

Has this cross-save option been confirmed or used by anyone here?

It's definitely there. I haven't used it myself since I only have the PS4 version, but apparently it's only used to carry over story progress - a lot is lost in the transfer.

It's definitely there. I haven't used it myself since I only have the PS4 version, but apparently it's only used to carry over story progress - a lot is lost in the transfer.
Ditto. Don't count on cross-save for much. It's been widely reported (and was even said in development) that this is NOT for anything but progress. Don't do it.

Yeah - the "cross-save" feature basically takes where you are in the game on one console and puts you in the same place on another console, but does so by making an approximation of what items, skills, and levels you might have. For example, I was working on a complete bestiary, and wound up at level 99 for all of the characters available in the first portion of the game before the mid-point

.  I got the Spell of Restoration from a priest and switched to the PS4 version only to find all of my characters with levels somewhere in the mid-30s, fewer than half of the skills I worked to raise, 1/4 of the gold, and none of the rare items/equipment I got through drops.  Needless to say, I reverted back to the 3DS version.

• Upvote 1

I really want to play this game! Come on SE, announce that Spring Release date!

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Wasn't their plan to announce more info on the western release this fall?

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Wasn't their plan to announce more info on the western release this fall?
It'll probably be towards the end of Fall, possibly the last day. Because why not?

If anything the news release will be in Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix keeps pumping blood into that game.

• Upvote 1

Hmm...anyone know any potential major convention SE might choose to unveil official DQ11 International details, since the last major EU convention ended recently?

As much as I love the attention to DQ, it's becoming a tad worrisome SE still hasn't grasped that too little, too quiet makes for less attention in the mainstream.  It's better to do small leaks now, bit by bit, leading into the English release.  Or at least some news, SOMETHING to talk about.

Like they released DQ7 last summer on literally the final week of summer in September?

So, I figure they'll say something around December 20th, you know, what we never think of as fall, but still is.

Like they released DQ7 last summer on literally the final week of summer in September?

So, I figure they'll say something around December 20th, you know, what we never think of as fall, but still is.

I mean, PlayStation Experience is December 9-10 this year.

I've never understood why summer goes into late September and fall into late December. Seems odd to me.

As far as I'm concerned, Spring is March, April, and May, Summer is June, July, and August, Fall is September, October, and November, and Winter is December, January, and February.

• Upvote 1

I've never understood why summer goes into late September and fall into late December. Seems odd to me.

As far as I'm concerned, Spring is March, April, and May, Summer is June, July, and August, Fall is September, October, and November, and Winter is December, January, and February.

That's my headcannon too for months, exactly.

We live in a world where Platty uses the term "headcanon."

We live in a world where Platty uses the term "headcanon."
I had to write a 3,000 word essay this weekend on my 6 hour attempt to learn a new language.

I chose to learn eal.

Put another point on the Twinsie board, I guess.