Sign in to follow this  
Imutone

Localization News: DQXI

I've been busy losing my #$*! over the fact I had a dream last night about missing some localization news and lo behold, we get some news!

While I am sad about the 3DS version, it is what it is. Now a Steam version? I never dreamed of that! I'm holding out to see if we will get any fancy collector's edition first, then deciding which version I'll get.

I know there's a lot that can be nagged about but considering how we have Michi as our SE representative, voice acting for those picky folks, and a PC version, I feel on top of the world.

Edited by Imutone
  • Like 1

We are in fact getting  fancy collectors edition, it's coming to the Squenix store.  No details on its price or what's in it though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hopeful Death said:

Greig's name changed to Hendrik.

Hero/Yuusha translated as Luminary(which is kind of weird since that was the translation used for the superstar/teen idol class in earlier games lol)

Delcadar is Carnelia.

Camus is Erik

I wonder if there are any names NOT changed, heh.

There is a story/translation reason for calling him the Luminary! You'll see when you get it all in context, I think.

Veronica is the same, as seen in the comparison screenshot. ;)

Delcadar is actually Heliodor - the king of Heliodor is King Carnelian. :)

----

It's been so hard not to say anything and I'm so glad these posts all finally went up. Lots of fun things planned. I'll do my best for my beloved DQ. <3

Edited by Michi
  • Like 3

Collector’s Edition? Where’s that “shut up and take my money” meme when you need it?

Oh, here it is:

65CEDAD4-AB96-4D6D-92AC-37E8E49B0010.thumb.jpeg.2cf18c51abbf720983c15be728a782c6.jpeg

And I’m out of the loop since I’m not on social media so maybe that’s where I missed it, but where was it mentioned Michi was the DQ community manager? That’s so awesome!

• Like 1

And I’m out of the loop since I’m not on social media so maybe that’s where I missed it, but where was it mentioned Michi was the DQ community manager?

On Social Media

Woooah, that's awesome! Calmly checked my e-mail earlier and saw "DRAGON QUEST XI" and just about choked. Too bad about the 3DS version, but the PS4 version is the one I wanted most anyways, and I've got one now so I can get the game - can't say the lack of 3DS version bugs me too much.

Pretty surprised to see voice acting and updates to the game UI - they're going all in like they did with VIII! I know some people aren't fans of the UI updates, but I like it personally. And voice acting is a great addition, certainly didn't expect that at all!

Also this will be the first new main series DQ in the West since IX almost 10 years ago. This is gonna be great!

Woooah, that's awesome! Calmly checked my e-mail earlier and saw "DRAGON QUEST XI" and just about choked. Too bad about the 3DS version, but the PS4 version is the one I wanted most anyways, and I've got one now so I can get the game - can't say the lack of 3DS version bugs me too much.
Pretty surprised to see voice acting and updates to the game UI - they're going all in like they did with VIII! I know some people aren't fans of the UI updates, but I like it personally. And voice acting is a great addition, certainly didn't expect that at all!
Also this will be the first new main series DQ in the West since IX almost 10 years ago. This is gonna be great!
Exactly. I told my wife it's the first mainline game release since my last wife!
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

On Social Media

Works for me.

Goose bumps. I cannot wait to get this game. I should probably request to take the 4th off from work....and the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, gooieooie said:

Exactly. I told my wife it's the first mainline game release since my last wife!

First mainline game to get released on pc.

32 minutes ago, sounderfan84 said:

First mainline game to get released on pc.

First mainline game to get released on PC in the west, yes.

First mainline single player game to get released on PC.

But technically DQX does exist.

XD 

Edited by Tiael

2 hours ago, gooieooie said:

It really shouldn't be a big surprise, considering they actually want the game to sell in NA.  

14 minutes ago, Tiael said:

First mainline single player game to get released on PC.

The original Dragon Quest released on the MSX which is a personal computer.

• Like 1

PC 9801 too, but let's leave Satan out of the equation.

It looks like you get an admittedly nice Dragon Quest XI theme for your PS4 if you pre-order from the PlayStation Store. Sucks that pre-order bonuses are being split amongst distributors already (exclusive CE from Square Enix’s website, now this). Hoping they just offer it for $2-3 after the game is out. I’m ready to switch out my Haru theme now.

It sucks that we won't getting the 3DS version but I do hope we will still get the ports of 1-3 for 3DS and PS4 that they did for Japan.While I know the ports weren't the best I would still really love to play them without have to use touch controls.

Per the PSN blog, if you preorder the digital release now, you'll get a PS4 theme right away, plus some DLC items later: fifteen seeds of skill, a vest for success, and three über agates of evolution.

..Über agates of evolution. As if the usual agates weren't rare enough! :)

Hey, remember when agates of evolution were annoying to get? Now, get the even more annoying UBER AGATES OF EVOLUTION! Now with kung-fu grip.

• Like 1

Aw man. I was looking forward to that 3ds version. Not gonna buy a PS4 for one game no matter how Dragon Quest it is. I'll just have to wait for the switch...

13 hours ago, gooieooie said:

The first numbered Console Game since 2005! I am super stoked about this game! Now to decide if I want to preorder t on the PS4 to get the theme or get the special edition from Square Enix!

As much as I would love to get it on PC, I wouldn't mind buying a collectors edition for PS4, plus having already Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 already on the system for me, I might as well keep the DQ games going. Too bad about the 3DS version and Switch eh?

4 hours ago, cobolisdead said:

The first numbered Console Game since 2005! I am super stoked about this game! Now to decide if I want to preorder t on the PS4 to get the theme or get the special edition from Square Enix!

There’s always a chance that the theme will just be thrown up on the store for like $3. But at the same time, a Collector’s Edition costs a bit more.

4 hours ago, cobolisdead said:

For me I’m happy to finally get Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest all on the same platform again.  It’s the first time since the PS2 where Square-Enix fans could just buy one platform and get virtually all the games on it.  It’s been thirteen years since we’ve gotten to enjoy Dragon Quest on a nice TV screen too.  It’s sad that we’ve had to wait this long to get a proper follow-up to Dragon Quest 8.  It feels like DQ has been more or less a handheld franchise for like a decade now.  I’m happy to enjoy it on a nice tv/surround sound set up over a rinky dink three inch 240p screen lol.  

I feel for my 3DS loving brothers and sisters though.  I honestly thought both versions were coming.  Someone pointed out on ResetERA that the 3DS version isn’t using the Unreal Engine like the Switch, PS4, and Steam versions are so it’s probably easier to just focus on the UE version of the game instead of spending additional time and resources on localizing a second completely different version of the game. 

When i thought about that it makes me think that the Switch version is most likely going to be based on the PS4 version and I doubt we will see the 3DS modes getting ported to the Switch version because it’s simply more work to completely port the 3DS engine over.  

I think gaming as a whole is shifting to an ease of portability structure and unfortunately the 3DS kinda goes against that because it can’t support modern, scalable engines that basically every other platform (Xbox, PC, Steam, Switch, and iOS/Android) can.   

It should be relatively easy to port the PC version script to 3DS in the form of a ROM patch. Unless they encrypt it or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure I predicted a western Steam release back when we found out the game was running on UE4.

• Like 1