Sign in to follow this  
Imutone

Localization News: DQXI

Now is about a good time to make a thread for the progress or any news of localization. Gamer.nl managed to get some news out of them.

As much as I want to be disappointed, we should probably thank the Dutch. I'm certain they weren't supposed to admit that localization was happen yet. Now there's some pressure on Square to get the news out in a more presentable manner. 

I feel like the last few western DQ titles have been "confirmed" in a manner similar to this.

I thought the same thing.

I feel like the last few western DQ titles have been "confirmed" in a manner similar to this.

This was when Horii stated it was coming while in France (I think it was France) and all the chumps in suits were like "NO NO NO! It was a misundertanding, I mean a mistranslation, I mean your imagination, Uh...uh....uh... let's just get mad at Yuji."

The question is (for me) will the Nintendo 3DS version be localised? And when will Dragon Quest XI be released in the West?

I'm going to guess no for the first question and January 2019 for the second question.

Edited by Dakhil

This was when Horii stated it was coming while in France (I think it was France) and all the chumps in suits were like "NO NO NO! It was a misundertanding, I mean a mistranslation, I mean your imagination, Uh...uh....uh... let's just get mad at Yuji."

I remember when that came up. Good guy Yuji Horii letting the good people know.

The question is (for me) will the Nintendo 3DS version be localised? And when will Dra gon Quest XI be released in the West?

I'm going to guess no for the first question and January 2019 for the second question.

You need to think more positively. I'm sure we'll get the 3DS version as well.

• Upvote 1

The question is (for me) will the Nintendo 3DS version be localised? And when will Dra gon Quest XI be released in the West?

You need to think more positively. I'm sure we'll get the 3DS version as well.

Square Enix hasn't given me a reason to be confident this will be the case, considering Square Enix's incompetency with the Dragon Quest series (unless Square Enix asks Nintendo to publish Dragon Quest XI in the West, just like with Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII).

Yuji Horii is absolutely a bro. I have nothing but respect for the lad. 

• Upvote 3

Once we get something concrete, we should start planning immediately for the release day "party" I talked about in this thread:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36588

At that time, I think the Dragon Questers group would also be a great place to get people on board. Heck, I wonder if someone with enough pull could contact the official DQ FB page to share some live streams of people on their way to pick up the game.

Once we get something concrete, we should start planning immediately for the release day "party" I talked about in this thread:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36588

At that time, I think the Dragon Questers group would also be a great place to get people on board. Heck, I wonder if someone with enough pull could contact the official DQ FB page to share some live streams of people on their way to pick up the game.

We should try contacting YouTubers as well. They could be a good source to spread the word.

• Upvote 1

(⊙_⊙)

ï¼¼(^o^)ï¼

(^__^)

I expect both PS4 and 3DS versions to be localized. As I mentioned before, Im honestly sure thats why we got Heroes/Heroes 2/Builders on the PS4 and VII/VIII on the 3DS was to get the non Japanese players to experience DQ and get hype for XI.

Now the Switch, I dont know what to say ... nothing seems to be concrete about that in any form. Heroes I & II double pack seems to be JP only for now and they arent saying anything even about the JP version of XI.

I expect both PS4 and 3DS versions to be localized. As I mentioned before, Im honestly sure thats why we got Heroes/Heroes 2/Builders on the PS4 and VII/VIII on the 3DS was to get the non Japanese players to experience DQ and get hype for XI.

Now the Switch, I dont know what to say ... nothing seems to be concrete about that in any form. Heroes I & II double pack seems to be JP only for now and they arent saying anything even about the JP version of XI.

As I've said before, I am certain the PS4 version will be localised (and thus the Switch version as well when it's made), the 3DS version?  I think it'll be localised but I cannot be 100% certain.  The 3DS is nearing the end of its life and it's not exactly uncommon for games near the end of a systems life to just not get localised because the publisher thinks there's just not a big enough market anymore.  I tend to disagree with that line of thinking of course but that's just how publishers often act even if we don't agree.

Good news! Expected, but nice to hear.

Hooray! :D I can't wait for the official announcement!

I'm not sure about 3DS version making it to the west. Last game Square Enix brought to the west for 3DS was ¿Theatrhythm Curtain Call? All DQ games have been brought by Nintendo, and since 3DS will eventually be replaced by Switch (and this game will have a Switch v/), I think Nintendo will prefer to bring Switch version alone and incentive Switch sales. I hope I'm mistaken, I love so much 3DS ver.

Edited by Rudra

I'm not sure about 3DS version making it to the west. Last game Square Enix brought to the west for 3DS was ¿Theatrhythm Curtain Call? All DQ games have been brought by Nintendo, and since 3DS will eventually be replaced by Switch (and this game will have a Switch v/), I think Nintendo will prefer to bring Switch version alone and incentive Switch sales. I hope I'm mistaken, I love so much 3DS ver.

Nintendo has said they have plans for the 3DS through the year 2018, so I wouldn't bet on it being retired just yet, though they are definitely winding down.

Nintendo has said they have plans for the 3DS through the year 2018, so I wouldn't bet on it being retired just yet, though they are definitely winding down.

I'm going to guess that Dragon Quest XI would be released in the West around early 2019 (around January or February) since it takes Square Enix around 1½ - 3½ years to localise Dragon Quest games. And I don't think Nintendo has any plans to continue supporting the Nintendo 3DS in 2019 (hopefully Nintendo would make an exception for Dragon Quest XI, but of course, Square Enix has to let them).

Edited by Dakhil

We got Heroes 1 8 months after its Japanese release, Builders 9 months after, and Heroes 2 11 months after.

• Upvote 1

If we're lucky, Nintendo might take an interest in at least the 3DS version; they took up the cause for IX and VI if I remember correctly.

If we're lucky, Nintendo might take an interest in at least the 3DS version; they took up the cause for IX and VI if I remember correctly.

And don't forget Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII (for Nintendo 3DS of course).

And don't forget Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII (for Nintendo 3DS of course).

See, I'm not convinced that Nintendo would in the case of DQXI specifically because of when it would theoretically be releasing.  I mean that's right around the end of the probable lifetime of the 3DS, I think odds are much better for Squenix to bring it along themselves just because they'll already have the translation thanks to the PS4 version which is all but confirmed at this point.

Obviously the Switch version would likely be based off the PS4 version and thus if the PS4 version comes then it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Switch version will be localised as well.

Edited by Enclave

This begs the observation: I'm guessing most people felt like me and figured the Switch version would essentially be a port of the PS4 game. Now I'm not so sure.

Edited by redneckpride4ever
  • Upvote 1

This begs the observation: I'm guessing most people felt like me and figured the Switch version would essentially be a port of the PS4 game. Now I'm not so sure.

Well, why not?  Seems logical to me that it most likely would be a graphically scaled back port of the PS4 version.  It has only 1 screen so that limits its ability to behave like the 3DS version and honestly?  The PS4 version is likely to sell better than the 3DS version as the West has a hard-on for graphics and the game is very pretty.

Edited by Enclave

Yes, I figure that.

Well, why not?  Seems logical to me that it most likely would be a graphically scaled back port of the PS4 version.  It has only 1 screen so that limits its ability to behave like the 3DS version and honestly?  The PS4 version is likely to sell better than the 3DS version as the West has a hard-on for graphics and the game is very pretty.

Because of all the bonus stuff like going to the DQ1 world and such. Maybe the Switch will be a hybrid? Or its own thing?

And yes, of the 2 that we've seen, I'd rather have PS4, although if we only got 3DS I'd have no qualms. And not just for graphics. I like lounging in my chair with a beer or a cup of coffee. I can input battle commands with one hand while taking a swill.

Edited by redneckpride4ever