Sign in to follow this  
eal

Yangus Sucks

Didn't expect Iggy to pop up for this one. And he's firing on all cylinders too!

He's been waiting.  

Iggy's hatred for Yangus knows no boundaries.

To make a serious point, Yangus does suck at stealing items in game. I've never tried having Yangus use Steal Sickle constantly in game, but I've heard enough to know its not really worth investing in while the rest of his Scythe skills are pretty good.

You would think they would have given him uber stealing skills, especially given his history, and the respect shown in Pickham...even in the remake. I mean having a candy cane to fight with is pretty cool, but where's Yangus' santa suit to go with it? Why not make one and have it double his SSS chances with the full outfit? That would have been so awesome.

Since when was this about Shinji Ikari?

At least he took to fighting his conscious and took up piloting again...plus he has a good excuse. His father created the conditioning for such a young man to become a recluse ;). Nevermind his several conscious breaks due to his care for his coworkers and fellow pilots.

The Dragovians you shut themselves your people in after the fact...when there was no longer a need for the precaution. When their numbers were dwindling, despite knowing they can maintain their lineage by marrying humans, instead of allowing their bloodlines to dwindle. Plus it isn't like the halfbreed-Hero hasn't shown up his pure-blooded brethren or anything.

What say you oh cowardly dragonman? Afraid of a little human being, eh? Afraid you might be called to help and you cannot say no? Or maybe it's because you lost your abilities? Oh, but wait, you intentionally created the conditions that weakened your people. The power of D is weak with this one. Or maybe it was just pretense and a bluff?

Could just be me playing DQ3 right now, but I could see Yangus being a combo of the Thief, Warrior, and Merchant classes, sort of like how Torneko was a combo of the Merchant and Jester classes (and later Thief). That way Yangus could be better with thieving skills, and since he has a nose for treasure and can usually tell something is important, he could have provided descriptions of items for comedic effect. Maybe cursed item would have a ripe smell or something.

To make a serious point, Yangus does suck at stealing items in game. I've never tried having Yangus use Steal Sickle constantly in game, but I've heard enough to know its not really worth investing in while the rest of his Scythe skills are pretty good.

You would think they would have given him uber stealing skills, especially given his history, and the respect shown in Pickham...even in the remake.  I mean having a candy cane to fight with is pretty cool, but where's Yangus' santa suit to go with it?  Why not make one and have it double his SSS chances with the full outfit?  That would have been so awesome.

Since when was this about Shinji Ikari?

At least he took to fighting his conscious and took up piloting again...plus he has a good excuse.  His father created the conditioning for such a young man to become a recluse ;).  Nevermind his several conscious breaks due to his care for his coworkers and fellow pilots.

The Dragovians you shut themselves your people in after the fact...when there was no longer a need for the precaution.  When their numbers were dwindling, despite knowing they can maintain their lineage by marrying humans, instead of allowing their bloodlines to dwindle.  Plus it isn't like the halfbreed-Hero hasn't shown up his pure-blooded brethren or anything.

What say you oh cowardly dragonman?  Afraid of a little human being, eh?  Afraid you might be called to help and you cannot say no?  Or maybe it's because you lost your abilities?  Oh, but wait, you intentionally created the conditions that weakened your people.  The power of D is weak with this one.  Or maybe it was just pretense and a bluff?

In truth I wanted to become the monster I always felt myself to be. Humans are such frail beings. They grow old, they die, and it seems their life is but a cruel joke. I wanted to run away from this reality, which is why I threw away my human form.Though I suppose I really wanted to know a mortal's life was worth living, and that man showed me the light. To think, a mortal that defied a god.

Didn't expect Iggy to pop up for this one. And he's firing on all cylinders too!

He's been waiting.

It's like he had a file on his desktop of things he'd say in a Yangus conversation and waited to fire them out when the time was right.

And now for another chapter in Woodus Tales, in which eal starts a fight. Again.

On my most recent playthrough, I maxed out Yangus' Scythe skills just to be different (anybody trying to optimize their play outside of a specific kind of run is doing it wrong, there's no competive VIII worth mentioning, except maybe eal). The trick is to not want to steal, just let Yangus do his thing and reward you unexpectedly. I would like to know how Big Banga is a Scythe technique, though.

Of course he makes appearances in everything, he's basically the only crossover-worthy character in VIII. Jessica's characterization is all over the place (in VIII she was almost all story and no character), and Angelo's too snarky to be cameo-friendly when Terry's around to be the group jackass.

This topic is only making me wonder which character is next, since there's already 3 of these topics and I think there's no doubt there's gonna be a fourth. Just wondering who's next, that's all.

• Upvote 1

How much would it take to get eal to start an Erdrick-hate thread?

(Pulls finger out of nose)

You wut? Oh right, a rebuttal...

Ahem...

COR BLIMEY!

There, that should do it. Case closed, I win.

This is as far as I'll read. Settled.
  • Upvote 2

(Pulls finger out of nose)

You wut? Oh right, a rebuttal...

Ahem...

COR BLIMEY!

There, that should do it. Case closed, I win.

This is as far as I'll read. Settled.

ðŸ‘

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This topic is only making me wonder which character is next, since there's already 3 of these topics and I think there's no doubt there's gonna be a fourth. Just wondering who's next, that's all.

Next up...."Woodus Sucks"

OR IS IT?!?!

Maybe it'll be you, or you, or even you.

OR IS IT?!?!

That makes me feel like there's going to be an ashlynn(i'm more used to the new names) sucks topic soon, seeing as my signature has ashlynn in it and you've already done a maribel sucks topic.

Ashylynn's wasted potential, say I say go for it.

Ashylynn's wasted potential, say I say go for it.

See, that's the topic I would make. No joke, I HATE Ashlynn. Much more than Maribel.

See, Maribel at least as her uses and has funny dialogue (when she isn't $#!&@ing about whatever the protagonist does), while Ashlynn is an incredibly weak punching bag who dies at the slightest hit, just to name one point.

OR IS IT?!?!

That makes me feel like there's going to be an ashlynn(i'm more used to the new names) sucks topic soon, seeing as my signature has ashlynn in it and you've already done a maribel sucks topic.

I've played through 4 and 5 half a dozen times. I haven't been able to finish 6. Literally on the final boss. I have almost no memory of Ashlynn.

^Funny since a huge part her character is that she doesn't remember anything.

I'm going to guess Maribel.

I remember a particular someone nicknaming her Marib***h. I'm surprised that nobody has made a "Maribel Sucks" forum on the Dragon Quest VII thread.

^You completely missed the one eal made, that was the first one.

I'm tempted to make an Ashlynn sucks topic, should I? I'm so tempted.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

OR IS IT?!?!

I've played through 4 and 5 half a dozen times. I haven't been able to finish 6. Literally on the final boss. I have almost no memory of Ashlynn.

This is why I want to take the helm! I know the pain she brings to the party all too well... (Angrily glares at Ashlynn)

^You completely missed the one eal made, that was the first one.

I'm tempted to make an Ashlynn sucks topic, should I? I'm so tempted.

You and I need to team up for that one! PLEASE!

^Well...you see... about that.

You dirty...

THAT'S THE ONE CHARACTER I COULD HAVE GONE ON A TIRADE ABOUT!

$#!&.

I'm going to guess Maribel.

I remember a particular someone nicknaming her Marib***h. I'm surprised that nobody has made a "Maribel Sucks" forum on the Dragon Quest VII thread.

If you swim through the many pages of topics i'm sure you'll find the massive 24 page shitstorm. That's what I did.

Man I feel dumb today. XD

And before you ask, we already have an Alena sucks thread.

The eal Sucks threads have all been targetting series redheads, so with Yangus out of the way, the only chracters left on this section of the eal anti-fetish list are Ashlynn and Jessica. I hope we save Jessica for last, because incest is bad and deserves an appropriately grandiose callout.

Edited by JaybirdC

Dragovian made an Ashlynn Sucks topic like an hour ago.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36662