eal

What Do You Like on Netflix?

What do I love on Netflix?  Three words: Carole And Tuesday.

After being scarred over the past couple nights with the Home Alone sequels, can't wait to get home and Netflix & chill with the new season of Lost in Space.

P. S. - Home Alone 3 = rivals the originals
Home Alone 4 = pure , horrible production values, cheap camera work, few to no traps, and the fact they tried to recast the entire first movie was horrible as it had zero link.
Home Alone 5 = meh

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

P. S. - Home Alone 3 = rivals the originals

Must’ve been weird watching a small, older movie like that and seeing young ScarJo before she was an A-lister.

Must’ve been weird watching a small, older movie like that and seeing young ScarJo before she was an A-lister.
Haha, so true. I think she was the only one I recognized and oh boy, she's so young! Just looked it up, I guess 13.

19 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
25 minutes ago, eal said:

Haha, so true. I think she was the only one I recognized and oh boy, she's so young! Just looked it up, I guess 13.

There was a weird era of her career where she was doing tons of garbage children’s and family movies like My Brother the Pig.

The craziest was when she did Eight Legged Freaks, then her big breaks Lost in Translation and The Girl with a Girl Earring...followed by The Perfect Score, a teen heist movie (with Chris Evans!).

• Like 1

Just watched episode 3 of The Witcher.

You done good, Netflix.

I watched the Ni no Kuni movie last night and it was pretty cool. There was one character and part that got me really happy but the rest was just a cool anime movie.

• Like 1

Tonight's episode of Sex Education is brought to you by Super Smash Bros. Remember kids, first Smash, then smash.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Like 1

Tonight's episode of Sex Education is brought to you by Super Smash Bros. Remember kids, first Smash, then smash.
I LOVED that first season. About to sit and binge the second season for the next 4-5 hours. I had no clue it was getting another season.

The Ni no Kuni movie is good. I don't watch much Anime, so I don't know what to compare it to, but it's good.

Been watching Another Life too. Man, it has horrible critical ratings, but it's been ok so far.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

The Ni no Kuni movie is good. I don't watch much Anime, so I don't know what to compare it to, but it's good.

I know you mentioned playing Wrath of the White Witch but did you ever finish it?

I know you mentioned playing Wrath of the White Witch but did you ever finish it?
https://rpgamer.com/review/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-switch-review/

Indeed I did. That could've been a 4.5 easily for me if not for that piece of battle system. I really enjoyed it. F that F'n battle system.

As for the Anime, my biggest issue is the sub and the dub are 2 different translations. Haha.

Oh, and the king did some questionable stuff in the past and it seemed just swept under plot rug. But... minor stuff.

I’m watching Season 6 of Bojack Horseman and am halfway through....holy #$*!, episode 8. I got suckered in thinking things were going to be good for characters. Damn show has sucked me in again!

On 7/20/2018 at 8:35 AM, Woodus said:

I'm behind the ball, but just finished season on of Stranger Things, so playing with Lightworks free I decided to make this :)

dq11_stranger_things.gif

Very cool, but I had to stop watching after the title, as I haven't played XI yet. Sigh. I must return to this.

Bojack Horseman has come to a close. I was actually expecting the ending to be a lot more depressing given how the second half of season 6 went, but it actually ended on a positive.

This show has definitely been a rollercoaster to watch since I first started it in 2017. I really like it and would probably call it one of my favorite shows, animation or otherwise. I won’t go into details but there were parts of the show I could relate to, but I also enjoyed the show for more than just that. Great voice cast, some really good humor thrown in and word play, and some good episode ideas thrown in for different means of story telling. The subject matter that goes on isn’t going to be enjoyable to watch for everyone and can be a tad uncomfortable, but....there’s a lot that works for the show. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did, but it was well written and executed.

It’s the end for Bojack Horseman, but maybe someday we’ll see an epilogue of some kind in a few years. I’m down for leaving things to the imagination for some aspects, but admittedly I am curious what became of certain characters who were brought back in season 6 but faded into the background again.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/netflix-renews-sex-education-third-season-2021-1202856308/

Yes!!!! This is so is . Always a sucker for high school coming of age shows, inappropriate humor, and honestly the setting and views of countryside in this show really get to me!

In other streaming news: been digging my favorite bald men!

Picard is great. So awesome getting to revisit the Next Generation timeline in Star Trek again. Just 3 episodes in and I'm anxiously waiting weekly for more.

My enthusiasm has been far from curbed by Larry David returning too. So so so inappropriate the humor making it so so so good!

Immediately coming to mind:

- Dragon Quest: Your Story

- Star Trek TOS and TNG (still looking to watch the rest of it)

- A Silent Voice (Got the 7 volumes of the manga after watching it last year)

- Green Eggs and Ham

- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

- What's New Scooby Doo?

- Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated

- Little Witch Academia (enjoyed the OVAs enough, but liked the episodic version)

Just finished Russian Doll, a really good show -- kind of just edgy Groundhog Day. I can't wait for season 2, even though I have trouble seeing how they're going to take the story anyway. It seemed nicely wrapped up in season 1... But oh well, good content is good content.