Sign in to follow this  
dqfan2012

Fallen Sword

Do any of you guys play Fallen Sword?

Never even heard of it...I don't think. It does sound vaguely familiar.

By the way, when I read the topic title, I had the absurd thought that it was about my death, despite me still being quite alive. Threw me for a loop.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk

By the way, when I read the topic title, I had the absurd thought that it was about my death, despite me still being quite alive. Threw me for a loop.

Well that escallated quickly :laugh:

Hopefully not foreshadowing...  >.<

Hopefully not foreshadowing... >.<

Well, you've gone and jinxed it now.

Fallen Sword is a very basic interface MMO ...it's almost impossible to accept the RPG factor, except that you play a role, it doesn't really share many traits.  All battles seem to be automated.  No options, no selections, it just plays out with a die roll and you see the result.

Most of it seems to be a sim city with old world castles, but it's very primitive, and doesn't seem to have many in depth functions, plus being 2D hand-drawn, it doesn't have much room for development of structures over time.

It's free to play though.  I suppose it caters to old world gaming, but I find not one hint of nostalgia or reminiscence of any RPG I played as a kid by watching gameplay.

I mean no disrespect, but I find it hard to imagine anyone finding even remote enjoyment from this experience.  It removes the forced thought process I recall in earlier die-roll-based RPG's.  It seems to remove any of the really fun elements of explorating new territory since you can basically see everything.  The simulation element seems so primitive and lackluster...it's like watching an RPG version of those coin collecting games where you pay money to buy more coins when the game stops allowing coin collection normally, and the only other option present is to use the coins to rebuild buildings.

This is like the RPG straight out of the fascist Canadian Devil's mind...

I just don't see the point to doing anything in this game.  All the intrigue, all the mystery, all the lore, all the fun aspects of exploration and combat and simulation are all removed.  All of what gives purpose to playing an RPG, a Sim, a Dungeon Crawler, and especially an MMO, outside of social interaction are removed.  Nevermind the sight has the crappiest and cheapest elevator music I've ever heard.  Honestly, you'd have to be a mindless drone to even find this even remotely entertaining, unless I'm missing something?

If I am missing something, my apologies for shitting all over your game, but please enlighten me why this game is even worth mentioning, outside of desiring to poke fun at the piss poor mechanics, interface, and...well, everything.  I don't even have to play it to know it sucks.  I can tell you by definition of what defines suckage as a general rule back in the 80's and 90's, when a 5 actually meant a mediocre game that you can give a chance to if you're into the genre...this would easily score between a 0 and a 3 (I'm being generous with the 3, very generous from what I'm seeing).

Maybe I am missing something though, but there are 1,000's of really well made FTP games that aren't WoW clones.  Thousands.  Including more old-school style games with better, more indepth systems that give purpose and meaning to any action taken.  This is like...burning your toast, then sopping up water with it.

Edited by ignasia7

Fallen Sword is a very basic interface MMO.

And out...

Iggy, I gotta say...your post veers over into mean spirited a bit. I mean, you're basically asking the equivalent of why some people still like Generation 1 of Pokémon, despite every Gen after it being unequivocally better. People like what they like. Hell, you and I love the original DW7's long opening, but many others hate it, but they aren't judging us for our likes. We gotta show them the same courtesy.

• Upvote 1

Lol. ignasia7 it's all a matter of taste and preference. I like it and have been playing it for a long time. It may not be appealing to you ... I was more or less curious about whether anyone else here play it. Clearly I'm the only one.

• Upvote 2