Sign in to follow this  
The Dog of Zahan

RPG Maker FES on 3DS (or others in that line)

Um, where'd that come from, Tesla? Not a single one of those was a fan-made RPG Maker game or the like.

Even so, The Legend of Dragoon is an old favorite of mine. Cheesy as $#!& game, but it's wonderful cheese. Additions were fun to perform, if only to hear the terrible voice acting.

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

Sounds as on par as Grandia 1's voice acting.

"Use your guts! GUTS!" and "Hundred million volts, TAKE THAT!" And those are just from Rapp.

Here's all the additions. You tell me.

I might get it next month, now that I've got a 2DS. But I dunno. RPG Maker 2003 is such a reliable old beast, that I might just wait awhile. Maybe after I get a few games onto rpgmaker.net.

Um, where'd that come from, Tesla? Not a single one of those was a fan-made RPG Maker game or the like.

Even so, The Legend of Dragoon is an old favorite of mine. Cheesy as $#!& game, but it's wonderful cheese. Additions were fun to perform, if only to hear the terrible voice acting.

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

''Gust of Wind Dance!''

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

''Gust of Wind Dance!''

"Summon 4 Gods!"

You guys are really making me want to start posting other Grandia quotes because of the wonderfully cheesy levels in this topic.

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

''Gust of Wind Dance!''

"Summon 4 Gods!"

"Cool Boogie!"

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

''Gust of Wind Dance!''

"Summon 4 Gods!"

"Cool Boogie!"

"Perky Step!"

"Burning Rush!"

"More! And MORE!"

''Gust of Wind Dance!''

"Summon 4 Gods!"

"Cool Boogie!"

"Perky Step!"

Madness Hero was always my favorite. Dart sounded like such a wimp when he says it. XD

I always liked Lavitz's way of saying Harpoon.

"Har-POON!"

Lavitz's were always way more over the top than Albert's. 

Back on the subject of this thread, I forgot to mention; launching alongside RPG Maker FES is a free RPG Maker FES Player on the eShop, which allows you unlimited access to all of the uploaded games, you just can't make any. So that'll be cool! You can play all the games made with the program.

Back on the subject of this thread, I forgot to mention; launching alongside RPG Maker FES is a free RPG Maker FES Player on the eShop, which allows you unlimited access to all of the uploaded games, you just can't make any. So that'll be cool! You can play all the games made with the program.

Interesting. I'm surprised they're releasing a free version of it so you can play the works of others. I'd of thought they'd put some kind of price tag on that.

Interesting. I'm surprised they're releasing a free version of it so you can play the works of others. I'd of thought they'd put some kind of price tag on that.

The community would rage if they did that. You don't need to pay to play XP, VX, VXA, or MV games. Why would Fes change that?

Because companies want money.

Plus I didn't know all the other games did that, so there you go.

For the PC versions, you just need to have the RTP in order to play, except in MV's case.

For anyone interested, the RPG Maker Player can be downloaded today, and there are a few small projects that seem worth checking out. I'm playing one right now.

• Upvote 1

Nice. I might actually play people's games!

I ordered the special edition through NISA Online Store, and it should ship this coming week.  Awesome. :D

Through a combination of trying out a few games and a topic or two on Gamefaqs, I've found out some stuff. The limitations are more than I'd hoped, which is disappointing, but it is a handheld version, so...

- There are no common events. This is a big setback for me, as there are a lot of nifty things you can do with them.

- It would seem that your level gains are based on your base stats. Specifically, whatever your base stats are, that's how much you'll gain on a level up. So, for example, say you have 15 HP and 6 MP at level 1. When you hit level 2, your HP and MP will go up by the same amount. That will make balancing much harder than it needs to be.

- You can't increase stats via events, which would be a good way to get around the previous point. You also can't make stat boosting items, which is...not cool.

- You have no control over damage formulas. You're stuck with the damage formula the engine was programmed with.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk

While I'm fine with the damage formula being set, i am a little bothered by the set level up increases. Are we sure there's no way to at least set it to a curve?

Not that I can find. One amendment I need to make is that, based on Academonic, it would appear that stats don't have to increase by the same amounts as your base stats. However, the increases are still static, and are still derived from your bases. The main character in Academonic starts with 6 HP and 3 MP, and gains +3 HP and +2 MP on each level.

What I would like to know is when the DLC for extra art assets is coming.  The game will have appropriate art assets for other settings than fantasy as DLC.  One of my first ideas is a time-travel story similar to Final Fantasy Legend 3 (AKA SaGa 3 :Ruler of Time and Space), and I want to know how soon I'll be able to start on that :D

For a while, i was hoping that that stuff would be included on cartridge when the game released. The free stuff at least. But i can see that ain't the case, sadly