Dragon Quest rep in Super Smash Bros?

Ruff!

...They need to make a DQ fighting game so EVERYONE's favorite DQ character can duke it out. :)

Specifically so Milly can bea the $#!& out of Maribel and show her what a real waifu is.

• Upvote 2

They need to make a DQ fighting game so EVERYONE's favorite DQ character can duke it out. :)

This is what we really need.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

They should choose Hades Nelgel, cause literally like three people like this bugger,so no-one would feel bad beating him up.

Realistically, they'd probably choose the series mascot. Rocket seems like a choice.

I'd kinda want to see a hero though if possible.

Ideally I'd love to see a Dragon Quest fighting game with all the heroes and stuff. Dragon Quekken

No, we need a DQ fighting game in the vain of Arc System games like Guilty Gear. Over the top action, assists from characters like in Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, the REALLY good tutorials Arc System games have for newcomers.

• Upvote 1

I would personally really want Yangus. A fan favorite and as a non sword user he could be pretty unique. That said, I don't think dragon quest would ever get represented in smash (who knows tho) and especially not a specific character like that. I'd have to agree with that we would probabely get a variation of the slime, or the hero of the most current or popular game.

That said, a dragon quest only fighting game remains the dream. Something dissidia like would be my pick. Although, maybe a little more grounded. I felt like DQ heroes was already stretching it a little with how powerfull I imagine dragon quest characters to be.

Not a huge fan of 2D fighting games myself. But if they were to go that route, arc system does sound like a good option. I did enjoy persona 4 arena, despite sucking at it.

I would say a hero would probably be the best bet, like Erdrick/Loto, and then have the alternate costumes be the other heroes from other games. The only flaw is would they try and keep it to 8? If so, who would they choose? Hacking Smash 4 has shown you can easily add pretty much unlimited extra costumes past the 8 everyone had.

I really hope to see any DQ character in Smash. It would certainly help boost its status in the West.

While Erdrick would be coolest, i think the best bet would be Terry. He's a well known, defined character, likely more so than most others

While Erdrick would be coolest, i think the best bet would be Terry. He's a well known, defined character, likely more so than most others

Imagine if they put him in... and then released DQM1-3DS!

The idea of a Dragon Quest fighting game seems interestng indeed, however i'll like it to be a fun game like smash, like being chaotic and stuff but with a compettive side.

FFAs too, like imagine Deborah vs Maribe vs Veronica vs Princess of Moonbroke!

As for Smash, i like the idea of Terry, i think he would fit very well.

I don think getting a slime would be much of a problem if we have the pokemon,yoshi and the inklings, they're unamed characters that reperesent a species, they're still their own character....they just don't have a name.

Give the Slime Rocket Slime slams for Smash attacks, throw in some spells from the series as its specials, maybe give it Scorch since it's the last ability it learns in Dragon Quest 5, standard attacks could be "jumping" into the opponent like how Slimes attack in DQ games...

It could work with some tweaking. I could see the final smash being either a transformation into a King Slime or Ultros the Ultra Slime (or whatever it's called in Dragon Quest 8) or a cinematic final smash where the Slime blasts any opponents caught in the opening animation with the Slime Tank from Rocket Slime.

Give the Slime Rocket Slime slams for Smash attacks, throw in some spells from the series as its specials, maybe give it Scorch since it's the last ability it learns in Dragon Quest 5, standard attacks could be "jumping" into the opponent like how Slimes attack in DQ games...

It could work with some tweaking. I could see the final smash being either a transformation into a King Slime or Ultros the Ultra Slime (or whatever it's called in Dragon Quest 8) or a cinematic final smash where the Slime blasts any opponents caught in the opening animation with the Slime Tank from Rocket Slime.

Way back before Smash 4 was announced I was working on a move set for a slime in Smash and you basically nailed what I had.

Ruff!

...They need to make a DQ fighting game so EVERYONE's favorite DQ character can duke it out. :)

Specifically so Milly can bea the $#!& out of Maribel and show her what a real waifu is.

Bianca > Milly

Or since she's got fighitng-game potential (and to poke at Eal), Alena.

Edited by Duran

Way back before Smash 4 was announced I was working on a move set for a slime in Smash and you basically nailed what I had.

The final smash would have to be the Slime calling 6 other friends and forming a King Slime and doing a Snorlax style drop on the stage.

This topic has come up a few times before, if you'd like to see what some members in years past have thought:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19645

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25789

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31770

I still maintain this opinion, personally:

Assist trophy: A slime pops out and attacks the opponent.

Level: In the distant background of some basic level you can see a random boss from one of the games fighting the heroes from whatever game they're from.

Character: Since there is no central character to the DQ universe it would be difficult to pick one, but I think the easiest choice is the descendant of Loto from Dragon Quest 1. He would probably play similar to Link, but instead of having the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang I imagine

B: a move similar to Ness's PK Flash (Hurt/Hurtmore)

→ + B: a short range moderately thin wave is emitted, anyone that touches it falls asleep momentarily (Sleep)

↓ + B: character stands still and gathers a charge. Upon release you regain 1% + (1% per .6 seconds of charging) up to 5%. The ability can't be used again for 3 seconds per 1% regained. (Heal/HealMore)

↑ + B: pauses for a moment, then leaps in the direction you input. If an enemy is in your path the character will slash at them.

Smash Ball: Loto's Descendant brandishes Loto Seal and uses Magic Burst! (High knock back, high damage, medium range radius effect.)