Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

DQXI Countdown Carnival Special Stage Livestream

====

I have to add similar sentiments.  I'm not liking the music.  Part of this is probably more due to the Japanese absolute adherence to loyalty above all else.  One can look at Anime and how VA's are almost NEVER replaced, even if they die and a similar sounding actor can be found, they'll often alter the storyline and dialogue and use voice samples spliced in from older recordings reworked to sound similar so they work on the same tonal frequency and thus isn't jarring.

Sugiyama basically gave his last with 7, and by 8 was on his way out.  9 sounds better now, but compared to other tracks from older games, it just doesn't hold a candle.  I think part of the reason for Horii's retirement from DQ might be due to the trio thing and loyalty to Sugiyama.  Better to go out together, with this last hurrah, and play an advisory role to later releases, than him actually wanting to retire.  Though who knows, maybe he is tapped out as well?

What if the Switch version has two modes: One uses DQVIII HD engine and the other uses the DQ4-6 remake engines? But always one mode displaying.

Edited by ChucklesProduction