So I want to make a very diverse pool of monsters, and have variety when it comes to what is encountered. Recolors I want to almost avoid as DQ has plenty of monsters

How many set ups do you think is standard per area?

10-15? Mind you with RPG maker you only get 999 slots for troops (Sounds like a lot but I'm only 10% done with the game and have 130 slots troops!)

Some people have complained the troops I have were too difficult early on. (Too many monsters per troop) Despite the fact Boomerangs hit evenly and fireball spells hit all enemies.

Maybe my issue is I should use troops for more than one area? Instead of having 10 troops for one zone I could have 20-30 troops shared between 3 zones that alternate given time of day?

For those who are or have completed games, what's your average of troops per zone?

I feel the best way to do it is to gradually swap out monsters. For example, let's say area 1 has blue slimes, eggplantons and Killapillas, area two has killapillas, Drackies and Mad Moles, and area 3 has Drackies, Mad Moles and Hammerhoods

I feel the best way to do it is to gradually swap out monsters. For example, let's say area 1 has blue slimes, eggplantons and Killapillas, area two has killapillas, Drackies and Mad Moles, and area 3 has Drackies, Mad Moles and Hammerhoods

I support this idea!

I support this idea!

In the beginning of DWC2 I did something similar to this. But the arrangements started to look too dull for me. Towards the end of the game I was doing any sort of combination I could think of and starting going crazy! If DWC2 was any longer I'd be SOL. So for DWC3 I'm going to have to find that perfect balance. The fact that DQ battle arrangements aren't entirely standardized is an appealing aspect. I'm trying my best to match that.

Edited by hawkeye77o4

There's a script on the master list to assign place holder monster troops a roll between any monster id number you specify in the note tags per place holder... rolled when combat starts. The script I use to swap between day and night using every troop for both day and night seperately could do it too... but without the sheer variety.