Sign in to follow this  
Milogop

Looking to get DLC, someone guide me? or Mail and Tag?

That would be great! I'm in the process of selling my adaptor on eBay so I don't mind waiting at all - I can't do anything else haha.

Okay, let's talk mid-August.  It could take a month for me to get your cart in NY from Sydney.

You're going to want to talk to Liamland, he's the expert around here and he also can do mail and tag. He's based in the US though, I'm not sure if he does overseas.

I might be able to walk you through how to set it up by yourself using the NDS Adapter Plus. I have windows 7 and had a difficult time getting it to work on my PC. I ended up having to disable the check for driver signatures (or something to that effect) by mashing F8 on startup and then logging in as Admin. The same fix might work on Windows 10, but I'm not sure. I think my Dad has Windows 10 so I might be able to test it on his PC to see if it can be done if necessary.

Anyway I just got out of bed so once I wake up some more I'll play around with my NDS Adapter plus and try to remember how to work it so I can put together a guide for you.

I'm thinking about picking up the NDS Adapter Plus, is it worth it for those extra quests? I just rebought DQ9 online and can't wait for it to arrive!

On 5/21/2017 at 1:36 PM, But Thou Must said:

If you have a 3DS, I know of a homebrew application for it called the TWL Save Tool (GBAtemp page). I personally haven't used it before but know about it because my brother has used it. Functionally, it's the same thing as the NDS Adapter Plus in that it backs up/restores the data from the DS cart; it just does it to the 3DS's SD card rather than to your hard drive. From there, you should be able to connect the SD card to a computer, mess around with your save file as you like with the DQ IX Save Editor and restore it to the cart.

However you get your save file, open it up in the Save Editor. I had the pleasure of being able to meet Liamland in the Nintendo World Store and got my quests and some MKS and gem slime maps from him. When I got the NDS Adapter Plus to work on my computer, he sent me a guide on what to do. Currently awaiting permission from him to post the guide in full, but here are the parts you're interested in:

Inn tab: Inn grade to 6, check off all the Historical Characters.

Quest tab: Choose the DLC box, hit "Unacquired" and select "Go" to unlock the DLC quests.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but does anyone know if this method works?

EDIT: Just did it with a 3DS homebrew called Checkpoint and it works! Wow, I've been brooding over not having the DLC for years because I didn't want to drop money on an adapter. 

Edited by JLG

Hey, Liam do you still put dlc data on dq 9 carts? I just found my cart and was interested in completing the game. If you still do please reply. 

Thank you

Hey, I haven't been checking the forums as often. The best way to reach me for a project is via PM on The Den. I handle DLC updates in the US. International orders can get really pricey for return shipping from the US, so I typically don't recommend it.