Sign in to follow this  
eal

Alena Sucks

There needs to be a tier list made. Milly at the top, the rest in trash tier.

Edited by eal

LyWlP0l.jpg

I agree. Stop before we have 20-24 pages made completely out of salt like the last storm. And that storm REALLY pissed me off because Maribel is my favorite character. You can look at my signature for proof.

Hey dont get mad at me! I gave some compliments too. >_<

Hey dont get mad at me! I gave some compliments too. >_<

I was talking about the negative comments, not the good ones. The only comments I liked in that 'topic' (I'd prefer to call it, an overload of salt as the bad comments, and the good comments as the actual food) were the compliments.

Well when I debate with someone I *try* to look at the good and bad points of the subject in question and speak my feelings on what worked and what didnt.

That way I feel I can make a fair assessment about what I am discussing. Instead of just taking my opinion and listing it to other people with no context and expecting them to understand it. I dont believe in that.

After all everyone has opinions. Doesnt mean you can just give out yours with no context and expect them to buy into it.

And I'm going to stop there before I end up going on a rant and insult someone without meaning to.

There needs to be a tier list made. Red and Milly at the top, the rest in trash tier.

FTFY

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I should clarify that despite the way I present my argument in both this one and the Maribel one, I do stand by my reasonings 100%. I just thought that presenting them in a jokey way would loosen people up a bit so they don't get uptight or defensive. Ironically, people will get uptight and defensive when you present an argument this way. If you're gonna disagree, disagree and hit me with some hard evidence or reasoning.

If you're gonna disagree, disagree and hit me with some hard evidence or reasoning.

She has pretty hair.

LyWlP0l.jpg

Just really look at the proportions on that picture for a while. Her hands/gloves are each the size of her entire torso! Maybe it's just the angle/perspective, but that's a little weird.

There needs to be a tier list made. Milly at the top, the rest in trash tier.

Even though Milly is best girl I'd be reluctant to put so many people in the same tier as Debora, they don't deserve that!

Milly?  How did trashy DQVI get into this?

• Upvote 1

Aw cmon dont be that way. Milly is a sweet girl. She ends up losing her memory and has to rely on the kindness of others.

And then she has to travel the planet (both normal and dream) to find both her lost memories and her brother that she needs to take care of before he does something stupid.

I dunno if I see her as complex but she is likable.

Alena is ok as a character. I don't think her character stands out as prominently as Carver or Yangus. She does have some slightly humorous lines, but again when comparing to other characters not so much. When I played DQIV, I only used Alena on my team during her chapter and only her chapter.  In the last chapter, when everyone comes together, I dropped her from my roster in favor of other more useful characters.

I also want to clarify I've only used her in DQH1 and DQH2 when necessary for quests. Otherwise, I can make up for pretty much any of her skills with other more useful characters.

Edited by dqfan2012

Milly? How did trashy DQVI get into this?

Because even a beautiful rose can grow out of a pot of dirt.

Alena is far from trash teir. She is best Dragon Quest waifu. Better then all the DQV waifus by a long shot.

Hmm...I cannot agree.  Aside from Bianca's hideous accent, which seems purposeful to soften the guilt trip blow, and render the split from her and taking either of the other two as brides as more palatable without utterly ripping your heart out for being so cruel to pass up a woman who would rather live alone forever than miss a day with you, her personality is gold.  Reword the terrible mixture of British cockney and redneck American accents, and she is an amazing choice.  Soft spoken and yet very strong.  Direct but never severe.  Doting and in absolute desire of the hero without being dependent.  Smart and VERY savvy and insightful.  Simple on the outside, but very complex on the inside, and probably the best all around mother.  Although Deborah's later stages prove otherwise, as she becomes a VERY competent teacher and care giver...yeah, who would have thought a bit of time as a statue can have such a profound impact?

The DS and Mobile versions just ruin Bianca.

Aw cmon dont be that way. Milly is a sweet girl. She ends up losing her memory and has to rely on the kindness of others.

And then she has to travel the planet (both normal and dream) to find both her lost memories and her brother that she needs to take care of before he does something stupid.

Much agreed, and I do!  Milly's history, her insights, her surprisingly calm demeanor in the most frightening of circumstances, and willingness to take any challenge headon, while still remaining very feminine and stoic at the same time?  Nevermind her reflections in party chat on past situations and correlations.  She's easily the best character when it comes to connecting the spider web of bits of info the party gleams as it progresses through the game.  Nevermind her uncompromising beauty creates such an aura around they keep afloat that light fabric that surrounds her.

There was a lot of "Maribel is cool because she's unique" going on in the Maribel Sucks topic. Not in the same words but it meant the same.

You perceived that from my arguments in favour of her?

I never read that into others posts...though if you want to really dumb down the conversation and ignore all the points, sure I suppose you could use the word "unique" as an umbrella, but that's rather disingenuous, don't you think?

No, people were like "she has such a unique personality" which can be perceived as "unique = good." No one can argue that she is a likeable person but because she was different it was good different.

Reading through it again, it's not that bad, but I see your point.  However there were more detailed arguments present as to what she brings to the table.  Though I will say 70~80% of it was between Sword and myself.

I wasn't calling Milly trash, just DQVI

Honestly, DQVI just annoys the heck out of me. Maybe one day I'll pay enough attention to the story to appreciate that aspect of it, but really it's just all a hot mess to me and therefore none of the characters really resonate. It's like casting Christian Bale as Batman. Made those movies instant trash. Put my BFF Cristo in DQVI and I'd not like him.

Because even a beautiful rose can grow out of a pot of dirt.
That's quite poetic. Props.

I want the record to show I love DQVI.

Edited by dqfan2012

It's mainly just me, I get it!

What are you talking about? I've been vocally against VI since forever.

"mainly"

"mainly"

I'd say I'm the one who hates VI more.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But I think your opinion is bad.

Since we are on the subject I feel that DQ6 could be handled better.

The characters are solid but the story is not.

I liked the Real and Phantom World concept and the story possibilities it could offer. But they didnt do much with it. It was mostly used to pad the game out by making you backtrack to different areas using limited transportation.

A few scenes do stand out tho. Like learning more about the main characters parents, learning about Hassan's past, Milly's terrible past was well written, and then there's Barbara. Not as well written but the plot twist involving her was pretty cool. Chamaro is the only exception. He's kinda one-note. Not really developing past just wanting to help his friends save the world.

Also you get a knight who can turn into a demon. Thats kinda cool I guess. XD

But even with all that I havent talked about the worst part. THE FREAKIN BOSS FIGHTS!

I'm not kidding. These guys are HARD! Beyond hard actually. They are some of the hardest ones in the series.

Mudo (Who you fight rather early on in the game) is your first big taste of it. Powerful attacks, can attack your entire party, highly resistant to your strongest moves, and he has ALOT of HP.

You also cant exit to heal up before fighting him. And have to go through an intensive couple of dungeons with alot of hard enemies.

Oh yeah. This game will test your nerve. It will even frustrate at times. Especially if you dont grind classes.

Between that and the backtracking its no surprise many have a problem with it.

But it still has good points. What are other peoples thoughts on the game in general? Do you agree with me?

Or do you like it and had a different experience? I'd like to know about it if so. :D