The “Mysterious Smithing†system allows players to create and strengthen equipment. That includes weapons, armor, and various other forms of equipment.

Here’s how the process plays out:

1. First, you must prepare for a Mysterious Smithing by obtaining a recipe. You can find recipes on book shelves and other locations.

2. After that, you must prepare the necessary materials, which you can find in various locations such as on the fields.

3. Start the Mysterious Smithing. Strike away at the ores to fill up the gauges on screen, and aim for the success zone. There also appears to be “special skills†that give you an edge in smithing.

By obtaining items called “Restrike Gems,†you can strengthen the equipment you already possess.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dragon-quest-xi-introduces-smithing-system

God I need to catch up. Been playing a lot of atlus games lately. So,dragon quest has been on the back burner for me. I have glanced over a lot of screenshots, and it does look fantastic.

This sounds fun as well. Always have been a fan of crafting and upgrading.

The more I hear about this game, the more I wanna import it. At this point I might just bite the bullet and import.

Just wait until April 23rd, and you should be able to play it in English.

*Note, this is my guess on when it is coming out*

• Upvote 1

Here's some screenshots of the "Mysterious Smithing" courtesy of the same source Tiael used.

gallery_79921_121_121600.jpg

gallery_79921_121_21114.jpg

gallery_79921_121_204876.jpg

gallery_79921_121_7305.jpg

gallery_79921_121_149027.jpg

gallery_79921_121_21452.jpg

gallery_79921_121_148702.jpg

gallery_79921_121_16077.jpg

gallery_79921_121_144768.jpg

gallery_79921_121_32299.jpg

• Upvote 1

I strongly dislike this smithing system!

It's going to suck up far too much of my very limited gaming time!  I can already tell I'll just obsess over upgrading and always trying to smith the best stuff I possibly can at any given point in the game :P

• Upvote 1

I strongly dislike this smithing system!

It's going to suck up far too much of my very limited gaming time! I can already tell I'll just obsess over upgrading and always trying to smith the best stuff I possibly can at any given point in the game :P

Haha, ditto!
  • 3 months later...

For those that play DQ X this smithing system is almost identical, playing the 3ds version myself to save spoilers, the smithing is not as bad as you guys think!

Yes and DQXI smithing system is "super easy" comparing to DQX