Sign in to follow this  
FionordeQuester

DQ6 Text Changes Between the DS and iOS versions?

I'm beginning to notice that, while the script is mostly the same, there are some very unexpected changes in a few places. Most notably (just from what I've seen so far; note that the first example only applies to the second campfire scene)...

DS Milly (the second time around the campfire): "The time is almost at hand. Now, where did he get to? He went to check the path ahead, but that was some time ago."

iOS Milly (the second time around the campfire): "The time is almost at hand. Now, where did that muscle-bound lump get to? He went to check the path ahead, but that was some time ago."

And also...

DS Captain Blade (when the King calls him Rusty): "It's interesting the way that name reverberates through my mind..."

iOS Captain Blade (when the King calls him Rusty): "I like the sound of that name for some reason..."

Does anyone know of any other instances where dialogue was changed from the DS version? And why some of the text might be different?

Edited by FionordeQuester

Oh! I've not had any time to dig into the iOS version, but this is great news. 8-4's lines were pretty dry at times, so good to see Shloc touched it up a little.

Shloc is the translation group responsible for most of the recent translations. Oli Chance is the either the only guy or the main guy. I like his work though.

Did Schloc do 1~3 as well?  I do rather like the translation for 3 mobile.

Yep, those were Shloc as well

I like the differences.

Sign in to follow this