Sign in to follow this  
Twinkie

Dragon Quest Heroes II Progress

Just doing quests today. Oh, and winning at parenting. Convinced Plattym4 to play DQH2TOWTLS instead of DQHTWTWATBB for once. He liked the new characters and once I showed him where Gold Golems were, he found Sweaty Yeti and Green Dragons and was captivated. Since he usually plays my level 99 DQHTWTWATBB game, having characters die was an adjustment for him, but he figured out on his own how to revive them. Also, maybe I've never noticed one before, but he beat a Wanted monster. I've never even noticed one before.

After about an hour he handed me the remote. Did the quest to get the Thief's Key.

Good thing Platty4 figured out how to revive people. I remember never being able to revive my monsters in Dragon Warrior Monsters because I had no idea how unless all of them died while I was exploring. Hell I ended up bum rushing that game when I first played it since I had no idea how to play an RPG since Monsters was my first one.

Point is, it he's already figuring out how to revive characters, he's gonna go far in games.

Just got through the second battle of the Divide yesterday. They are about to throw a party to celebrate the end of the war in Acordia, but I am too busy trying to level up and get some quests done.

Also, at this point, I am trying to medal farm, but I can't seem to get through the maze map anymore. They keep giving me the one that starts out with two yeti and ends up with six night maws flooding the room with high level monsters. I finally beat that last night, and I end up fighting the two maze bosses that just wipe the floor with me.

• Upvote 1

Just got through the second battle of the Divide yesterday. They are about to throw a party to celebrate the end of the war in Acordia, but I am too busy trying to level up and get some quests done.

Also, at this point, I am trying to medal farm, but I can't seem to get through the maze map anymore. They keep giving me the one that starts out with two yeti and ends up with six night maws flooding the room with high level monsters. I finally beat that last night, and I end up fighting the two maze bosses that just wipe the floor with me.

Yeah, that one is a $#!&@. I was stuck in it for a bit. Levels into the 30s help.

I cannot seem to get the thief quest done, I keep getting caught getting out

It's a pain, but my son was so excited and screaming about the robots. After 3 or 4 tries, he told me "one more time, Daddy." Haha, that did it. No, not easy at all.

It's all about the timing.

I thought it was all about the Pentiums ;)

Hahaha, I like your Weird Al reference

Hahaha, I like your Weird Al reference

Was hoping someone would catch that :)

Anyway, I will just have to try some more this weekend to get thru that one, or I think I am about done with the main storyline, maybe I will catch it on the 2nd playthru. :)

Anyone on their second run thru yet, anything I need to make sure I do before I "restart"?

Damnit. Gotta fight the 4 guards to get into the (final?) castle. Taking off on vacation this evening and I thought I'd get to the end by rushing. Nope. Beat 1 guardian while using every Yggdrasil leaf. So, buy guardian 2 of 4, I was a goner. Plattym4 was disappointed!

Good thing about that part is though you can die, resurrect at the church, come back and the ones you have beaten stay defeated.

Good thing about that part is though you can die, resurrect at the church, come back and the ones you have beaten stay defeated.

Oh really? Damn, I didn't even go back to check as I was out of time that day. Good to know!

I just finished up this game, at least the main Story, clocking roughly around 30 hours.

I loved it, just like the first game, as it seemed to get more and more rewarding and addicting the more I played it. I was going to attempt the Platinum trophy just like I got with the first game (and Builders), but I think I'm going to wait until there's a Trophy guide, or something. There's SO much post-game content, that I'd have no idea where to even start, and the amount of grinding it takes to max out my characters to take on the higher-level online dungeons is insane.

I'm glad there was a lot more balance this time around (not needing to constantly have Bianca and Terry in my team was freeing to me) so I could experiment with different characters, and it was fun to see them all shine. I hope this game's sales don't prevent a sequel, since this series is easily my favorite of the Musou genre. The localization was beyond charming, and the gameplay systems make sure to let you know that this is a Dragon Quest game first, Warriors game second. Loved it.

I will say one of the highlights of my playthrough, was getting stuck in the boss rush dungeon near the end of the game, and summoning a group of players from Japan to come in and just smash the remaining bosses that were giving me a hard time. :D

• Upvote 1

Oh really? Damn, I didn't even go back to check as I was out of time that day. Good to know!

I also want to make you both aware that if you go to the fountain in the center and interact with it it replenishes everything (I think it even replenishes Yggdrasil leaves, could be wrong about the leaves though). So after each battle just go to the center and refresh everything. You're good to move on.

Edited by dqfan2012

I also want to make you both aware that if you go to the fountain in the center and interact with it it replenishes everything (I think it even replenishes Yggdrasil leaves, could be wrong about the leaves though). So after each battle just go to the center and refresh everything. You're good to move on.

Hotter damn!

Oh yeah, forgot to say that too, didn't catch that one until after 2 battles in >.<

I've got all accolades except the 'collect all weapons' one. Need to get the dimensional dungeon weapons. I even finished the monster extermination thing! Started just leveling up all the classes the two heroes can be and getting them to master all weapons for kicks while i grind.

Also found out that for some reason, I now can do online play without having ps plus (ps4). Not sure what gives but I'll take it all the same. It's been fun playing with random people, though i haven't tried the powered up dragonlord or estark yet. Was tough enough beating normals with AI... And when I faced normals with people, we had an overpowered Psaro in the party while all I did was heal so... yeah unsure about the tougher ones.

Well, I finally got past the reveal of the twin kings. Pretty cool fight afterward, until the monsters get covered in darkness that is.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that too, didn't catch that one until after 2 battles in >.<

That seems to be a common thing for a lot of DQ boss battles. A way to refresh everything before battling. It's pretty awesome if you're trying to do a minimal level completion.

• Upvote 1

I finally took back Acordia yesterday. Definitely a fun battle. Shorter than I was expecting, but fun.

Stuck on Duran Duran as one of the 4 boss battles at the gates. I need to do a slew of side quests anyway, but Plattym4 keeps insisting I fight and get beat by him. Need to play after bedtime and open up gladiator or something.

I finally did the Jessica and Angelo side quest last night. It was fun, especially since they are in my primary team, so I didn't have to swap out my party members.

• Upvote 1

Back on the horse. My son has played the last 14 hours, time to get back. Took out like 7 quests this evening. The tough one was opening the area to Erdrick's stuff. That solo battle with my person with a bow & arrow, but 8th time was a try! Then I finally opened Gladiator, which was tough because honestly I've played as a thief 90% of the game with bows, so my warrior and their weapon proficiency sucked. Luckily I'd got Erdrick's sword, so I think that helped. Waiting to battle Duran Duran again until I clear out more quests.

Final boss. 2nd form. 20% health remaining, he got me. I think I can do it the next time as you can restart the endless long sequence right near his 1st form. Just need some different equipped items and I'll try again after dinner.