Dragon Quest Heroes II Progress

13 hours in. Battling at the Canyon. Man, is that battle long and annoying. I've started and left it twice. Gained a couple levels there, but I need a better strategy as I run out of Yggdrasil leaves often.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Great Divide was one of the only two story bosses I had a single fail on, second being an unnoteworthy early mission cause I was dicking around.    That said, I had some super close calls. One i

I think you just get them through the story. I just got one after completing a part of the story for the Level 20 Map.

I'm using spoiler tags to prevent others from reading a part of the story they may not have made it to yet.  I'm also avoiding all the other posts in this thread until I complete the main story line t

Great Divide? That was a fun fight.

Anyways, got the "legendary weapon" on Mt. Neverest, now to use it.

I've gotten the legendary weapon and used it. Haven't had much time to play the last couple weeks, work has been crazy. Hopefully after next week I can get back to it more

Great Divide? That was a fun fight.

Anyways, got the "legendary weapon" on Mt. Neverest, now to use it.

Yes. Dear Goddess, that was a 2-hour ordeal playing it 3 times to get the strategy down and not realizing where a mawkeeper was I had to beat. Damn.

On my way to get that weapon now, but my poor thumb needs a break. Maybe tonight.

Been working (and streaming) my progress on Wanted huntings. Really the hardest part is just finding where they spawn. 15 left!

BTW, anyone know where the following monsters spawn outside story events or 'map boss' spawns (ex: Boss Troll or Antiquitree in the woods)?

Minidemon (the green imp), Shadow, Blue Dragon, Tortured Soul, Gryphon, Hell Gladiator (all their damn recolors look the same!), ArchDemon, Goodybag, Cure Slime, Infernal Armor, Tyrantosaurus (not to be confused with rexasaurus), Low Djinks, Float o Copier, and Crimson Killing Machine?

I found where Dread Dragon sometimes spawns but damn is it annoying ->

Dark World Desert

I just started playing from the postgame, and I haven't played since I beat the game a week or two ago. Now I have all these quests that involve going into the Dark World (or Dark Pikachu as the kids call it these days). Problem is I can't for the life of me remember how to get there. Can anyone tell me? I've been wandering around for a few hours now and it's getting frustrating.

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

$#!& just got crazy in Accordia.

I just started playing from the postgame, and I haven't played since I beat the game a week or two ago. Now I have all these quests that involve going into the Dark World (or Dark Pikachu as the kids call it these days). Problem is I can't for the life of me remember how to get there. Can anyone tell me? I've been wandering around for a few hours now and it's getting frustrating.

Spoilers:

You enter from the portal in the desert. I think it's the topmost zoomstone that has you near it. The portal now will instantly send you to a map of your choice instead of always walking from the dark desert though!

Dark Pikachu makes me giggle inside every time!

Dark Pikachu makes me giggle inside every time!

Ditto :)

Working on opening the doors to the mountains. So far the trails are weaker than the named monsters that are running around that area.

Also, the Level 3 map now is giving me four minimedals as a prize, however, the level right before the boss fight, I get five darkmaw portals each with their own miniboss. Anyone have any idea how to get through that part?

I've read a lot of comments related to people having issues with the Great Divide.  I don't understand what made that so difficult for so many people (maybe I was just over leveled for that). The only fights I had difficulty with are

Dhuran and Fractos. And I beat them both the second time I fought them.

The Great Divide was one of the only two story bosses I had a single fail on, second being an unnoteworthy early mission cause I was dicking around. 

That said, I had some super close calls. One in fact where I had a subpar team facing the first demon mentioned in post above. Was just training up some proficiency with people, didn't expect him. Jessica was left by herself, chipping away at his health, dodging everything. Thankfully she could heal herself and do damage from a distance. 

Last night found the locations of several monsters on my wanted list. All i have left now is:

MiniDemon, Shadow, Tortured Soul, Gryphon, Hell Gladiator, Low Djinks, and Float o Copier.

Monster I know location of, just got to hunt: Blue Dragon, Crimson Killing Machine.

• Upvote 2

Do you need to beat the game before getting access to Sage and Gladiator?

And is it only available for your 1 main character or can both of them get access?

I picked up Heroes II yesterday. I have no idea when I'll get to it since I'd like to finish Heroes first, but I wanted to pick it up to support the series. Though I lost my man Yangus for the main game, I got Torneko, which is a fair replacement in my book.

I picked up Heroes II yesterday. I have no idea when I'll get to it since I'd like to finish Heroes first, but I wanted to pick it up to support the series. Though I lost my man Yangus for the main game, I got Torneko, which is a fair replacement in my book.

There's just something to said for the humorous, tubby larger, white guys.  I have yet to use Torneko except when he's first given to you and you have to, but I do have a quest coming up that I need to take him on.  

I've mainly been playing with a party of the 4 characters unique to DQH2

There's just something to said for the humorous, tubby larger, white guys. I have yet to use Torneko except when he's first given to you and you have to, but I do have a quest coming up that I need to take him on.

I've mainly been playing with a party of the 4 characters unique to DQH2

It helps I'm one of three people who likes to use Torneko from chapter 5 on in Dragon Quest IV.

• Upvote 1

Do you need to beat the game before getting access to Sage and Gladiator?

And is it only available for your 1 main character or can both of them get access?

Both, and you just need the 2 classes 20+ and then find the NPC who unlocks the corresponding quest in town.

I think it's 20 anyways, I unlocked gladiator before beating the game by having Warrior and Martial Artist leveled.

Anyways, beat the main game yesterday, now the post game fun begins.

I have to say, I like how that if you have saved data for Heroes and Builders, you can get some special gear in Heroes II. It's a neat feature to include, and I wish more games did something like that nowadays. Only other example that comes to my mind from what I've played is SMTIV: Apocalypse, which gives you some nice rewards for having played/completed SMTIV.

• Upvote 1

Ok, finished off every single quest available to me at this point. Back to the story. Nice to see Gringot or whatever name he is again. Time to do his bidding!

Finished my accolade hunting for Wanteds, Mini Medals, Item Drops, and Accessories. I even almost finished my Monster Suppression goals, just two more monsters left! Shame one of them is in a low spawn area but can work on it. Also only need max proficiency from Desdemona, Kiryl, Angelo, and Terry (and Angelo is only a few away). Eventually I'll need to go online, but think i'm making pretty good progress. Just boring stuff left like orbs/weapon grinding.

• Upvote 1

I actually played some more of the story and now I have Angelo and Jessica and I am at the trials.

I have swapped them into my party, keeping Cesar and switching my heroine back to Warrior class now that I have Angelo as my archer. I am also digging that now my party has changed I get different areas in the maze map. It makes grinding for mini-medals a lot easier.

Stopped the war. Or did I? Damn that fight against the Gigadraco was kinda hard. Took a 3rd try.

1. I never block, so strategy advice from Healie was ignored to my peril.

2. Atlus is so freaking slow, I couldn't do as I wanted as I reacted too slow.

3. Adapted. Won. Easily.

The series of 3 battles after was loooooong. Not too hard as I went after sentry monsters first and had a huge army with me pretty quickly. The first two kings easily went down with 1 minute of finally getting in range of me and my hoard. Genie dude was challenging, but only 1 Yggdrasil leaf needed luckily.

Just doing quests today. Oh, and winning at parenting. Convinced Plattym4 to play DQH2TOWTLS instead of DQHTWTWATBB for once. He liked the new characters and once I showed him where Gold Golems were, he found Sweaty Yeti and Green Dragons and was captivated. Since he usually plays my level 99 DQHTWTWATBB game, having characters die was an adjustment for him, but he figured out on his own how to revive them. Also, maybe I've never noticed one before, but he beat a Wanted monster. I've never even noticed one before.

After about an hour he handed me the remote. Did the quest to get the Thief's Key.