Dragon Quest Heroes II Progress

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Great Divide was one of the only two story bosses I had a single fail on, second being an unnoteworthy early mission cause I was dicking around.    That said, I had some super close calls. One i

I think you just get them through the story. I just got one after completing a part of the story for the Level 20 Map.

I'm using spoiler tags to prevent others from reading a part of the story they may not have made it to yet.  I'm also avoiding all the other posts in this thread until I complete the main story line t

Really enjoying the game so far. I have all the available characters so my party line up is Teresa, Desdemona, Maya, and Jessica (I love girl groups). Finally started to experiment with the vocation changes and so far thief is fun!

Not a fan of how Angelo plays.

Me either. Bianca in the first game was so much more usable as an archer than Angelo.

Really enjoying the game so far. I have all the available characters so my party line up is Teresa, Desdemona, Maya, and Jessica (I love girl groups). Finally started to experiment with the vocation changes and so far thief is fun!

Not a fan of how Angelo plays.

Me either. Bianca in the first game was so much more usable as an archer than Angelo.

That's a shame. I Rain of Pained the entire post-game.

Just got Maribel and Ruff. Then promptly lost the next battle. I didn't even realize the damn King was in the battle. I was just pouring on the damn Troll and I get a message to defend the king. What king? Haha, they didn't set that up well.

Well, I am off to the Beast Lands! So far I am digging this game! I have Set my hero to be a thief so I can have her use a bow. Her rain of pain ability is very devastating just like in the first game. I have Cesar as my tank, the male hero as a priest to heal the party, and Maya for AOE and DPS. Overall, it seems to work well. I am enjoying running the level 3 maze over and over again. I think that I might just do that long enough to earn some more mini medals and level up all my alternate professions to level 20 to get some of the sweet stat bonuses.

Also, I am really digging that you can transmog you weapons in this game!

Well, I am off to the Beast Lands! So far I am digging this game! I have Set my hero to be a thief so I can have her use a bow. Her rain of pain ability is very devastating just like in the first game. I have Cesar as my tank, the male hero as a priest to heal the party, and Maya for AOE and DPS. 

Sounds like a plan for what I might do!  Yes, finally having a couple hours to get into it without my kids around was great!

That Battle of the Divide is tough! I am enjoying the heck out of it, but I played it twice and I still can't get the order right! I did get a ton of gold and XP out of it though. It really is a great place to grind.

Well, as of now, I have 4 dungeon maps available. 3 of them Ive finished. One of them is a nightmare. My party consists of the main character as a gladiator level 39, Desdemona/Maya/Jessica all level 47.

I have to redo a section (getting Terry and Carver) as I must not have saved along the way before I got thrown in prison >.<

4.5 hours in. Going slowly through the woods. Did my first 3 quests and got the prince. Never going to use Maribel and Gabo didn't do it for me, so 4 new characters so far. Got the cousins as priest and thief. Finally got in 2.5 hours tonight, streaming it on my Vita. May be my new favorite way to play!

I finally got through the battle of the divide! That was fun once I figured out the order! It took me a minute to realize how to get to the Dark Maws in the center, but once I did, the non-stop melee in the middle was slowed so I could work on the sides. And Hyper sniper is one awesome ability! 

Minor end game spoilers.

I'm in the dark world preparing myself for what I assume is the final battle of the main story. This is where metal king slime farming comes into play in the Dark Forest. Woooo can't wait to finish the story and start post-game stuffs

Edited by dqfan2012

Put in another 3 hours. Only did 2 story maps, but experimented with that first maze map thing, but not online. Did another 4 quests. I feel like there's just so much content and customization in this compared to the first game. Loving it.

Anyone had any reliable luck getting puff-puff? It wasnt too bad in one (other than Yangus for me). In this one, Ive gotten a grand total of 2. Desdemona and Healix (both on the first time talking to them trying to get it).

Also the trophy list in this game is much more time consuming than the first one. Im 60 hours in and no where close to it. Probably not even half the trophies yet.

Managed to complete the game. The ending felt kinda rushed, but I still had a lot of fun playing it. The final boss was a real pain.

Going to work on my 2nd file so I can play along with my friend. Probably won't start the post game for a couple weeks.

Just beat the last boss about an hour ago. Ending seemed kinda rushed. The familiar face explains why I had who I had around, but nothing deeper. First game explained it fully and even integrated it into the plot. A simple explanation from the familiar face would have set the tone of why to a more acceptable level. 

Just beat the last boss about an hour ago. Ending seemed kinda rushed. The familiar face explains why I had who I had around, but nothing deeper. First game explained it fully and even integrated it into the plot. A simple explanation from the familiar face would have set the tone of why to a more acceptable level. 

Enter the Lightspeed Quest!

Edited by Plattym3

Think I'm going to pick this up, but probably not until next week. Can't use my TV to both play this and watch RPGLimitBreak. :P

I know that feeling. I haven't gotten any game progression done all week so far because of it.

Got Terry and Hassan. Slowly inching forwards. Expected to play a lot last night, then found myself nodding off to sleep while battling. Had to force myself to escape with Meena before I fully fell asleep!

I finished the main story as well. Now I'm working on additional content. I think I unlocked Estark's map, but I'm too afraid to find out. LOL

I finished the main story as well. Now I'm working on additional content. I think I unlocked Estark's map, but I'm too afraid to find out. LOL

Lightspeed Quest... (see link in sig)

Beat the game, now grinding on achievements. The Wanteds are being particularly annoying.

Yeah Im working on plat trophy now. I knocked out quite a few of the both item dropped lists and medallion lists last night. That wanted list is going to kill me though. And is there anyone who can confirm the rumor on the puff puff trigger that says you must have played the character and done at least 15 coup de grace of theirs before you can get it? I do know that so far the only puff puffs I have received have been from my normal party members and Healix so it makes me wonder if its legit.