Sign in to follow this  
Twinkie

Dragon Quest Heroes II Progress

Surprised no one has started this thread yet, might as well create one now.

Played the game for the first time today. I got Maribel and Ruff and completed that part of the story and advancing on to the next part. The vocation system seems to be a nice addition, but I am still not sure what I want to do with it yet.

If nothing else, switch to every vocation for at least a bit to get the "all classes" stat upgrades.

Put in an hour or so with my son Tuesday. Been too busy for more. I'm liking it!

Made the mistake of thinking the items you exchange from the giant plattypunk for mini medals were fully upgraded. Luckily I saved right before

Made the mistake of thinking the items you exchange from the giant plattypunk for mini medals were fully upgraded. Luckily I saved right before

Ouch.  Good to know!!

I finally got a chance to play this yesterday, and surprise, I liked it! I am only an hour or so into it, but I am really enjoying it!

I got to the part when Carver and Terry joined the team last night. So far, so good. Game looks beautiful too.

After last night, I am heading to the Beastlands!

Thanks for posting this. When you look at them, they look fully upgraded.

Just at a big battle now, after getting Maya. Only just got the game Sunday but I cannot stop playing, haha! 

Also, I really love how they handled Torneko and Meena's skills/weapons. Suits them and makes them so useful! In fact, I don't think any character is 'useless' yet! It's also nice that more than one character can actually have healing now so you don't feel forced to bring Jessica in your party like the first heroes game.

I played the first dungeon last night and it was a blast! I am going to try to replay it tonight to grind for some loot and XP. I still need to upgrade one of my party's weapons before I leave the first town, so I need to grind out some more gold coins. Also, I can't seem to find the guy's dual swords that should have came with the game's dlc. I have the girl's Sword and shield, and Aurora's outfit, as well as the abacus and hammer, but no upgraded swords for the guy. Do I only get the weapon for the person I play as the hero? 

Anyone figure out how to get more maps? I want to try some more solo maps.

Just at a big battle now, after getting Maya. Only just got the game Sunday but I cannot stop playing, haha!

Also, I really love how they handled Torneko and Meena's skills/weapons. Suits them and makes them so useful! In fact, I don't think any character is 'useless' yet! It's also nice that more than one character can actually have healing now so you don't feel forced to bring Jessica in your party like the first heroes game.

Just sitting here at 80 hours and missing 2 trophies in DQHTWTWATBB realizing that I never knew Jessica had healing powers...

DQH2:

I just finished the part of the story where you get Alena and Kiryl.

I got the Legendary Weapon Atlas and used Atlas to defeat Drakulard. At this point I completed a few sidequests that were available to me and saved my game. When I return I guess I'll be continuing the story to fight Ala-Kazam? I'm not sure how his name should be spelled.

Edited by dqfan2012

Story wise, divide and conquer was my last mission. I've been doing alot of online, and fighting and beating a Gigantes was by far the most dangerous map boss so far. The battle dragged on as we slowly chipped away at its health dodging 1-2 hit kills.

Currently level 33 martial artist with staves.

Anyone figure out how to get more maps? I want to try some more solo maps.

I think you just get them through the story. I just got one after completing a part of the story for the Level 20 Map.

• Upvote 1

I was gone for the weekend so last night was my first time to play, just got Maribel and Ruff :thumbsup:

Manged to complete the trials to climb up the mountain. The monsters are starting to take a lot of time to kill now. It is a pretty annoying wild zone.

Well, I have played through the first dungeon multiple times now, and I discovered that you can farm two mini medals by doing that over and over again. Seems kind of cool that you can do that, now if I just had somewhere to spend them.

I also moved along with the story and just got Ruff and Maribel as well as got through the string of four battles afterwards. I am thinking about swapping out the dual wielding guy and Torneko for Ruff and Maribel, but I haven't decided yet.  I am so into this game!

I've made no progress. Plattym4 has become 100% able to play DQHTWTWATBB by himself for 30 minute stretches now. He loves Psaro because of the big sword and his special tension move. But... this means that he no longer is content to watch me play and he's not good enough to make it through DQH2TOWTLS yet, so my game sits at 1 hour... 😓

Not a fan of how Angelo plays. My party right now is MC, Carver, Jessica and Kiryl

Edited by Safushi

I'm using spoiler tags to prevent others from reading a part of the story they may not have made it to yet.  I'm also avoiding all the other posts in this thread until I complete the main story line to prevent seeing spoilers for myself.

I made it to the -unsurprising- plot twist. I suspected both the King of Accordia had a twin and is also evil. Needless to say, now my characters are at the Ad Hoc Encampment. I'm currently griding for gear. I'm fighting goldmen hoping to quickly acheive my gear upgrades (they're 30k+ each for weapons and 20kish for orbs. Blah, it's going to take forever.

Edited by dqfan2012
  • Upvote 1

I downloaded an update last night that I am assuming has the DLC in it. I haven't moved that far along in the story as I have been grinding my party in the level 3 dungeon. I swapped my party over to be my hero, Desdemonda, Maribel, and Ruff. My first run through the dungeon was tough since they just had their starting weapons, and they had no armor! I had just assumed that they would have armor to begin with. That made the last boss fight extremely difficult! The second time through wasn't that hard at all once I got them some armor. I just need to do a little bit more grinding to upgrade their weapons to the newest most powerful set, and I should be good to continue on the story.

I also did two of the first three quests last night before calling it quits.

I downloaded an update last night that I am assuming has the DLC in it. I haven't moved that far along in the story as I have been grinding my party in the level 3 dungeon. I swapped my party over to be my hero, Desdemonda, Maribel, and Ruff. My first run through the dungeon was tough since they just had their starting weapons, and they had no armor! I had just assumed that they would have armor to begin with.

Why would you assume they'd not run around naked?