Sign in to follow this  
Choppasmith

Anyone else have trouble with items in DQII?

While I've beaten II and currently on III on my iPad, I'm just curious if any other hardware is affected by a terrible bug in DQII involving weapons usable in battle. It might work okay the first time or so but after a while there's nasty lag that gets WORSE as time goes on. It'll start at about 15 seconds and I've tested it can last up to 30

It goes 

"You hold up the Wizard Staff and flames shoot forth!"
DELAY
Spell animation
DELAY
Monster A gets X damage!
DELAY
Monster B gets X damage!
DELAY
Monster C gets X damage!

Yeah, every time it says DELAY, up to THIRTY SECONDS goes by.

It's weird because the Wizard Staff casts Sizz and casting Sizz as a spell works perfectly fine.

I'm just wondering tf this affects the Android versions and/or other hardware. I just have an old iPad Air.

I've heard others complain about this, but have never experienced it myself.  I've done 2 complete playthrough's on the Android version (on different devices: Galaxy S2 and LG G4) and neither have had this issue.  I just tested it again myself and didn't have any slowness, even after several battles of using nothing but my weapons "used" as items. 

It could be specific to the iOS version.  It's definitely not just you though. 

• Upvote 1

I've played through all the DQ games available to me in the iTunes store. None of them were laggy for me at any time. There could be several reasons you're experiencing this lag. You could have an older iOS device running a newer version of iOS (a version that works better on newer iOS hardware). It could be related to how many apps you have installed on the device and how many of those apps are using the device's memory. The only real way to know is to test your specific device under a number of conditions to see if it changes how the game plays.

Additionally, the device could have been dropped and there's an internal electronic component causing the lag.

Interesting. I had a weird quicksave/crash bug, but my old iPad2 did ok with all the games, DQVIII included!

Mobile devices are complicated monsters now. So many versions. It's hard to know what causes specific issues.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this