Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

Dragon Quest X - Side Story

So, has anyone given this a try?

If so, we'd love to hear your feedback. (^-^)

Hi!  I gave this a try tonight.  The village, portraits, dialog, et cetera are looking good.  The flour mill was a nice touch and gave the town a "lived in" feel, if that makes any sense.  I appreciate that the plot is forthcoming because I know nothing of Dragon Quest X except for viewing some videos of Saigancat playing several years ago.   Unfortunately, I had an error with the level up ME.  "Failed to load: audio/me/Levelup.ogg"

Edit:

Can MV be played on android?  I was only able to look into it a little and seemed like there was some kind of extra step I would need to do.

Edited by foxfirenelli

Foxfirenelli, first off, thank you very much for the feedback. I am especially interested in hearing additional input from you on the plot. You see, a big goal of mine is to make the game accessible to people that do not have pre-existing knowledge of DQX, and it's very easy to make story assumptions since I am familiar with the story. Your input on how comprehensive the story is as someone that does not have pre-existing knowledge of DQX lore will be especially helpful.

Foxfirenelli, is Android what you are playing the game on when you experienced the error? The game should be playable on Android, but I believe I will need to make a special Android build for it. Please confirm for me, what platform and version are you playing the game on when you experienced the error? If you are able to, can you also speak to the Version Chicken in Etene Village and indicate which version of DQX Side Story you are playing as well?

Edited by Cranberry

I played it on PC and thought maybe that was why I was getting the error.  The version chicken says it is 1.31.  From what I have played, the story has been clearly stated, but doesn't give away too much.  I had no trouble finding who I was supposed to talk to.

All I had to do to keep it from crashing was add a placeholder for the missing levelup.ogg file, but I didn't have time to try it out last night.  Also, I hadn't tried to leave the village before I was supposed to, so I caught a little humorous dialog I missed.  :thumbsup:

I want to give you a heads up.  I'm having less and less free time as family members get older, so if you don't hear from me I hope it won't cause offense.  None of them live close to me either.  I will try to check the forums on my phone, but I think I've said that before and it hasn't quite worked out yet.  Anyway, I hope that helps and in the meantime I will play with the temporary patch.

Edited by foxfirenelli

Thanks foxfirenelli!  I've added the missing file to Google Drive for you so you can download the proper ogg file.  I also added it into the Chapter 1 zip file as well.  Thank you for reporting it!

Chapter 2 has been made available.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwDrROZNEQ-TQ25tXzE1WWxwWnM

It is recommended to start over, as Chapter 1 has been enhanced.  There is also a bug carrying over an old file.  If you try and equip a belt, the game can crash if you are on an old save file.  I can fix this for your.  Contact me and I can fix the save file for you.  If you start over, this won't be an issue.

hi,

still have chapter 1 and lost cause can t find one npc.

What is chapter 2 ? should i take it ?doest it incluse chapter 1 with it ?

thanks for answer :)

On 6/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, chtichoko said:

hi,

still have chapter 1 and lost cause can t find one npc.

What is chapter 2 ? should i take it ?doest it incluse chapter 1 with it ?

thanks for answer :)

I had missed this question so my apologies for the long delay in answering.  Yes, Chapter 2 includes chapter 1.  Go ahead and download Chapter 2 and you'll be set to go.

Any more chapters in the game yet or is it finished?

Hello Gamemaster.

Currently Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 is finished.  Chapter 3 is currently in development.  I am aiming to have it ready this summer.

Is chapter 3 available yet Cranberry or is it in development hell?

On 8/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, Gamemaster1 said:

Is chapter 3 available yet Cranberry or is it in development hell?

Still in development.  Admittedly I am running later with it than I anticipated.  Sorry for the delayed answer.  I missed this post.