Sign in to follow this  
eal

Obligatory Heroes II Review Thread

Yeah, I like Gamespot's review a little bit better as he seemed to enjoy the game a bit more than IGN did.

These reviews seem fair enough. After 4 hours into the game, my two major gripes is how multiplayer is handled and the stiff jumping. I have a friend who just started getting into DQ who lives out of state, so I was hoping that this game was going to be a complete co-op experience. Instead of having to complete the missions first, and not being able to play in the wild zones together. I do think the multiplayer map system is really good though, encouraged me to get PS+ for the first time in years. I just felt like this game is lacking on what could have been a great co-op experience.

They also push platforming a bit more in this game, the stiff jumping just makes this annoying to deal with.

Having played through the JP version already, I can't say I find platforming to be a big part of the game in the least, really.

One minor exception:

High chests in the desert require certain characters that can use their weapon moves to perform the equivalent of a double jump.

You need PS* for multiplayer for every PS4 game.

You need PS* for multiplayer for every PS4 game.

Unless the game is free to play.

Ah. I think the last time I tried multi-player anything was Wii and Fortune Street. I don't play nice with others. 🤣

I don't usually do multiplayer at all. Why would I want to play with a bunch of randos?

I don't usually do multiplayer at all. Why would I want to play with a bunch of randos?

Especially if their name was Randy. That'd be too weird.

Especially if their name was Randy. That'd be too weird.

Or Phil. Never play games with guys named Phil. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, PHIL!