Sign in to follow this  
Cranberry

Anyone Up For Bug Testing?

I downloaded it today. Or well to be precise couple of hours ago. Or, well, the moment I posted....

The latest build of Dragon Quest X Side Story is now available on Google Drive.

If you downloaded the build that went up yesterday (Tuesday 6/20), it is highly recommended that you download today's build.  Yesterday's has a game-breaking bug in it that causes a freeze.  That bug has been fixed in today's build.

If you have not downloaded a build since the weekend, it is highly recommended that you start the game over from the beginning.  There are certain elements that will not work correctly if you try porting over a save file from earlier builds.  There are Level Testers in Etene that you can use to restore your party's level.  Try not to abuse it though.

Cranberry will learn a lot of magic now that she did not have in previous builds.  This magic has not been bug tested yet.

The link to the build is in the initial post of this topic.

Edited by Cranberry

Version 1.25 has now been uploaded to Google Drive.

Chapter 1 is now complete and playable.

Due to changes in the introduction, if you use an existing save file, you can become stuck in a wall in Etene.

To get past this issue, go to the Etene Item shop.  When the event finishes and you are stuck in the wall, hit the confirm button to escape.  This will resolve that issue.  If you start from the beginning without using a save file you won't encounter this issue at all.

hello,

Just downloaded it and will play tonight :)

Which version of rpgmaker are you using ? how long is chapter 1 ?

See u with comments

RPG Maker MV.

I'm going to estimate Chapter 1 to be approximately 8 hours long. I am interested in hearing how long it takes for you to play through it though.

OK i played 1 hour for now,

Here s what i found who can help :

- Magic water coffer can be open each time you enter "the nurtured earth" aera coming from "un-named field" ( ??  name should be changed i think )
- Leveling from 3 to 4 looks very long ( like 20 fights )
- Blue shrine : bug in first area => characters can go on blue big rock pillars

- When you enter Arahagiro "city" it looks like a castle but when you're in, it s like a desert village

- Monsters near arahagiro city are very tough when you arrive the area

- Revive a member is very expensive ( 300 => 200 or 150 should be enough )

I ll play more and comments when i ll have more time :)

See you !

Thank you for the feedback! I'll look into these.

The Magic Water re-appearing each time you enter is by design, that particular one is not a bug. Interestingly, "Un-named Field" is literally the name of that area in the real Dragon Quest X!

Hey again,

Ok Ok nice ! I just played some more and getting back on 1st isle.

Before this, i confirm again that desert monster hit very tough, HP Ok but hit too hard ^^

For the quest in monster arena, no hint to get items especially red berries X 2. ( i just already have the medical herb and buy golden tangleweb to npc )

And in first village, one npc speaks about "Eruba".

I can t find Eruba and the game told me to get in 1st village to speak with :)

Some NPC should give some hints i think :]

I ll do more search this week end by playing lill more ( level 7 now )

Sorry for my bad english again !

See u soon

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

A new build has been added. I believe this build will be the one nobody plays because Dragon Quest 11 is now out. My build could not possibly have come at a worse time could it? Sure to be overshadowed!

Fixes in this version:

Etene NPCs have more appropriate attire.

The rocks in the Blue Shrine should be solid now.

An Etene NPC mentions where Eruba can be found.

The Turtle is finally at his post in Etene!

An update on the game since I haven't put a new release out for a while.

No, development has not stopped. The clean-up and polishing of Chapter 1 has taken longer than the original estimate and we are still in the process of fixing the last of the known bugs and doing re-testing. We didn't want to take short-cuts and chose to delay it in order to get everything squared away instead of putting out a less desirable build. I'm targeting this weekend on having the final Chapter 1 build ready.

I'm really enjoying this DQX side story! Good job Cranberry!

I noticed a really minor bug. While using the Alchemy Pot, you are asked what to make. If you choose something (eg. Regular Items), then another menu appears with items to make. If you hit the "Esc" key to cancel, it is treated like you selected the item to make it.

Another very minor textual error showed up when a character said "you're" instead of "your". (If I remember correctly, it is when you are debating with Illusion about whether or not to take the rosary. Illusion argues that you already have "you're reward", or something of that nature.)

A more serious bug is in the pyramid, when you enter the room with the Grave Robber, after defeating him, the trigger spot still works, so each time you walk onto that square, the whole scene & battle takes place again. I now have 5 dented crowns. :slimeking:

Edited by Elessar
  • Upvote 1

Elessar, thank you for the bug reports. I'll look into these tonight when I get home! I should be able to get a fix up this evening.