Sign in to follow this  
Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

Darn it, somehow it x'd out and all my writings are gone :(

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Well I should just continue with the Dragon Quest Monsters 1 = Terry's dreams theory

We know in Dragon Quest VI, Milly was kidnapped and taken a "slave" for the former corrupt Felonian King and that really bad stuff happened to her. Milly telling Terry about monsters coming out late at night references the mob and police who curfew the city for specific people (Which is why there parents are away atm, they are allowed, but maybe not kids). The king still caught his eye upon Milly and had her kidnapped. Terry, not able to bear it, started to journey to find her. Dragon Quest Monsters is his perception in the Dream World, in which he escapes and dreams of saving her in a fantastic journey.

Now, why does Milly appear in Dragon Quest Monsters 2? Simple, the world with Great Log, Dead Tree, Great Tree, etc are real, and Terry was dreaming of the Dream World incarnation of it for some reason, maybe as a premonition of his fate given by a higher force, or just by coincidence. Milly, with her whole spiritual connection, maybe was able to access such realm, though lost the ability when Murdaw defeated her at the beginning of Dragon Quest VI.

JaybirdC

Yup,this one)

Darn it, somehow it x'd out and all my writings are gone :(

My browser sometimes randomly returns to the previous page, so I feel you on that.I once had to redo a message THREE times.

*about your second message* a cool theory)

Wow,I didn't know about these! Tthanks much ^^

I read a fanfic about... Maribel. I don't wanna talk about it any further.

Enough said. No one likes her.

(slinks off to Google it, thinks better of it)

Edited by Plattym3

How about a Den headcanon?

I'm all about that Platty X Yangus 'ship. Or as I call it: Yangy. Plattus also works.

Good one, Sword of Drageal!

I'm all about that Platty X Yangus 'ship. Or as I call it: Yangy. Plattus also works.

Leave me out of this, I wasn't the one who stirred the pot.

I have 1 word for you: waifu

I fail to see your logic.

This is what happens when a community becomes too insular. They waifu each other.

I fail to see your logic.
It's ok. I very often fail to see my own logic.

For the Orgo's wings' sake, get out of here with your thread derailments! You have your assorted "X sucks" and offtop themes for that!  :possessed:  :{

Also,Plattym3,as you're a mod, is it within your power to rename the thread to "Your theories and headcanons",since focus sort of shifted?

---

More on-topic stuff: besides color variants that have diffirent power levels and properties, monsters can be of diffirent colors just because (genetics or something else).

A good example of it is my dhuran MUSA (I can explain the name if anyone cares), he is violet.I made sprite recolors to demonstrate:

msg-76078-0-66300800-1497920328.png

Edited by Mefista

Sorry, all I can do is turn off the topic from my Tapatalk app.

For the Orgo's wings' sake, get out of here with your thread derailments! You have your assorted "X sucks" and offtop themes for that!  :possessed:  :{

Also,Plattym3,as you're a mod, is it within your power to rename the thread to "Your theories and headcanons",since focus sort of shifted?

---

More on-topic stuff: besides color variants that have diffirent power levels and properties, monsters can be of diffirent colors just because (genetics or something else).

A good example of it is my dhuran MUSA (I can explain the name if anyone cares), he is violet.I made sprite recolors to demonstrate:

Well, one theory I had is that the DQII versions of Atlas/Pazuzu/Belial was that they were a genetically superbred Batmandrill, Giant, and Archdemon made to be Hargon's personal servant.

For Dhuran's case, probably a similar case, he was an exceptionally powerful and distinctive Loss Leader who Mortamor promoted to be a top goon, and Murdaw was an exceptionally powerful Pudgedevil.

Some however, such as Nokturnus, are just a coincidence/ingame limitations. Nokturnus has no real form anyways.

For Slimes, they have some form of sexual dimorphism, which is why She-Slimes are stronger

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Oh, ok then.

Btw,monster sprites from PSX version of DQM are hella awesome.Why can't newer games have sprites like that?

One more headcanon:BeDragon (Puff!) spell,if known by a monster,may turn him in a dragon diffirent from standart forte Dracolord-like one,if there were any big dragons in said monster's ancestry.

Like,aforementioned MUSA, was he real, would turn into Tortragon (Wyrtle).

---

Well, one theory I had is that the DQII versions of Atlas/Pazuzu/Belial was that they were a genetically superbred Batmandrill, Giant, and Archdemon made to be Hargon's personal servant.

For Dhuran's case, probably a similar case, he was an exceptionally powerful and distinctive Loss Leader who Mortamor promoted to be a top goon, and Murdaw was an exceptionally powerful Pudgedevil.

Some however, such as Nokturnus, are just a coincidence/ingame limitations. Nokturnus has no real form anyways.

For Slimes, they have some form of sexual dimorphism, which is why She-Slimes are stronger

A cool theory ^^

I have a headcanon that Bianca is secretly The Goddess helping the hero by existing.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Now that's a weird one)

My friend said that he thinks that Orgodemir and God were initially one being that split in two - and Orgodemir's desire to apear beautiful when his actual form embodies bestial qualities he ended with, is actually a longing to become that one perfect being again.We brainstormed for a while and decided that said being looked like a beautiful five-eyed man with some insectoid body parts.

Offtop:I was fiddling with sprites and accidentally made a neat colorscheme.Look at his wings - like a sky during the last moments of sunset!

sQJ7M3OproM.jpg

The initial god thing would wear thin, considering the whole dynamic between Nokturnus/The Goddess, Barbarus/Greygnarl, and Malroth/Rubiss

Can you elaborate, please? As my knowledge of english is imperfect, I have a feeling that I misunderstood you somehow...

Can you elaborate, please? As my knowledge of english is imperfect, I have a feeling that I misunderstood you somehow...

I feel the idea of a yin-yang dual evil/good gods is a little overused in Dragon Quest. Nokturnus is stated to be the equal to The Goddess/God in Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory, Malroth is the destruction equivalent to Rubiss, and Barbarus = Greygnarl.

I read a fanfic about... Maribel. I don't wanna talk about it any further.

Enough said. No one likes her.

(slinks off to Google it, thinks better of it)

I know you would describe her like this vocaloid song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46Osg9C4pA

My orchestra concert went on for FAR to long, I'm putting it, or I would've replied sooner. (with a temper.)

I feel the idea of a yin-yang dual evil/good gods is a little overused in Dragon Quest. Nokturnus is stated to be the equal to The Goddess/God in Dragon Quest Battle Road Victory, Malroth is the destruction equivalent to Rubiss, and Barbarus = Greygnarl.

Hmm,I see.

If Nokturnus is equal to God, does that means that theoretical God/Orgodemir being would be more powerful than him?

Also, if we go by idea that it's not just Orgo's name that's derived from the word "demiurge",but he is one, perhaps he wasn't initially that evil,just more down-to-earth than his heavenly counterpart? And then Nokturnus corrupted him.

Dark Ember

Please,don't encourage the offtop :P

Edited by Mefista

Eh, I just want to know if Rebiss and the Goddess are one and the same, and (2), who's the top god in the Quest multiverse. I want to say the Goddess.

Rubiss may be the avatar of Goddess, she is clearly weaker than a high deity is supposed to be either way (as far as I understand).I mean, she was pwned by Zoma.

As for the top god - well, it's obviously Horii-san ^^