Sign in to follow this  
Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

Someone tried to ship Bianca and Nera...

In my opinion as long as there's no fanfic yet it's safe... for now because I know at some point someone's make some crazy faanfic about it.

In my opinion as long as there's no fanfic yet it's safe... for now because I know at some point someone's make some crazy faanfic about it.

sadly luckily there is no fan art of it too it seems

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

sadly luckily there is no fan art of it too it seems

I'm sure someone is going to make fanart of it one day.

That "EVERY decision spawns a world" theory never made sense to me, cause there's only so many matter in the universe, we'd run out very fast if new worlds kept spawning.

Actually, the many-worlds interpretation claims that every such decision creates an entirely new universe ("world" and "universe" mean the same thing in this branch of quantum mechanics). And it's more complicated than just decisions; many-worlds theory is that every possible history and future are real.

The only place I could possibly think even remotely appropriate for this in Dragon Quest would be the bride choice in V, but only for purposes of argument. The "Choose Your Bride" concept as a whole is stupid.

For purposes of cosmology, I like to think that there's some higher omnicosmic Being that precedes Numen, Zenus, and Rebiss, and the other single-universe deities. Of course, that's not quite "implausible", per se, since this may or may not be the Goddess.

Existence of higher being (which I believe in) actually disproves the "every decision spawns a universe" theory, simply cause even an omnipotent being would find such a clutter a big headache to manage.So only major things spawn worlds, everything else doesn't matter.

That "EVERY decision spawns a world" theory never made sense to me, cause there's only so many matter in the universe, we'd run out very fast if new worlds kept spawning.

Actually, the many-worlds interpretation claims that every such decision creates an entirely new universe ("world" and "universe" mean the same thing in this branch of quantum mechanics). And it's more complicated than just decisions; many-worlds theory is that every possible history and future are real.

The only place I could possibly think even remotely appropriate for this in Dragon Quest would be the bride choice in V, but only for purposes of argument. The "Choose Your Bride" concept as a whole is stupid.

For purposes of cosmology, I like to think that there's some higher omnicosmic Being that precedes Numen, Zenus, and Rebiss, and the other single-universe deities. Of course, that's not quite "implausible", per se, since this may or may not be the Goddess.

The multiple timelines thing makes no sense. Dragon Quest is a pretty simple verse with no advanced cosmology. There a few universes, a few subspaces, a creator god (The Goddess) and a chaotic god of destruction that instills terror into it (Nokturnus), and that's about it. The idea of diverging timelines just seems dumb to me.

Wasn't Nokturnus just a nightmare demon local to VI?

My ultimate headcanon was a dream came true. It is revealed in Dragon Quest X that Nokturnus is basically this extra-universal non-corporeal eldritch horror who goes around destroying several worlds and universes and has no true form, and shall always exist as long as destruction and nightmares are to be.

http://imgur.com/Vj7w4ki

http://imgur.com/SlJB6cb

・・・・・・ã“ã® ã‹ã‚Šãã‚ã®å§¿ãŒ æ»…ã³ã‚‹ã‹ã€‚

アストルティアを æ»…ã¼ã™ã¨ã„ã†å¤¢ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»

人々ãŒæœ›ã‚“ã æ‚ªå¤¢ã¨ 我ãŒä¸–界をã¤ãªã連環ã¯

ã“ã®æ‚ªå¤¢ã®ä¸–ç•Œã¨ã¨ã‚‚㫠消ãˆåŽ»ã‚‹ã ã‚ã†ã€‚

貴様ã®è›®å‹‡ã«ã‚ˆã‚Š

アストルティア㯠守られãŸã®ã ã€‚

ã›ã„ãœã„ 己を 誇るãŒã‚ˆã„。

ã ãŒãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»æˆ‘ãŒå®Ÿä½“㯠ä¸æ»…。

悪夢ã‚ã‚‹ã‹ãŽã‚Š

ダークドレアムã¨ã„ã†å­˜åœ¨ã¯æ»…ã³ã¬ã€‚

・・・・・・・1年先㋠ãã‚Œã¨ã‚‚ 1ï¼ï¼ï¼å¹´å…ˆã‹

ã»ã‚“ã® ã¾ã°ãŸãã™ã‚‹ã»ã©ã®æ™‚é–“

我㯠眠りã«ã¤ãã¨ã—よã†ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ã€‚

...It would seem this impermanent form has met its end.

The dream of Astortia's destruction...

The chains linking my world with the nightmare the masses wished for

will surely fade, together with this world of nightmares.

It was thanks to your reckless courage

that Astortia was saved.

Go, and wear that accomplishment as a badge of pride.

However...my true self is eternal.

So long as bad dreams exist

the existence known as Nokturnus shall never perish.

Be it 1 year, or a thousand years,

it is but for a blink of a moment

that I shall slumber for now...

Wow, I came to almost the same conclusion without even touching DQX 0_o Am I psychic or something?

The "Every decision spawns a world" is something I just thought about at that moment. And when sometimes it confuses me, and then at other times it gives me a bigger headache then those youtube videos with lots of flashing.

The shipping in this fandom isn't as bad as some other fandoms. Like the Warriors fandom (a cat book series), it gets a little to haywire with the shipping. You can just google warrior cat ships and look at their family tree on the warrior cats wiki. Most of the time they are related! And people are so desperate that they write a fanfic for it. 

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, but the shipping in this fandom isn't as bad as the other fandoms. That was the point I was trying to make.

I see.

I know (I am a part of MLP fandom, and when bronies happened, we received a neverending river of this $#!&, so I can relate), but still, it is not good that it's a thing in fandoms at all.

I mean, I myself think that Orgodemir was sexually involved with Matilda, but it's atleast somewhat plausible.

I also think that he appeared in Maribel's dream in his pretty form (in manga, as it is unfinished, only guys are shown seeing him in their dreams, tho in his real form and being scary) and did naughty things to her (she is 16, for me - by russian laws - it's ok) as well, and that the fact that she had to stay behind cause of her father's illness is related to it - she was enamored by Orgo and didn't want to fight him, so he made her have an excuse to stop her quest by causing illness in her father.

Edited by Mefista

Shipping is not an inherently bad thing. Blame the super obsessed fans, not the act itself.

Existence of higher being (which I believe in) actually disproves the "every decision spawns a universe" theory, simply cause even an omnipotent being would find such a clutter a big headache to manage.So only major things spawn worlds, everything else doesn't matter.

The multiple timelines thing makes no sense. Dragon Quest is a pretty simple verse with no advanced cosmology. There a few universes, a few subspaces, a creator god (The Goddess) and a chaotic god of destruction that instills terror into it (Nokturnus), and that's about it. The idea of diverging timelines just seems dumb to me.

Wasn't Nokturnus just a nightmare demon local to VI?

My ultimate headcanon was a dream came true. It is revealed in Dragon Quest X that Nokturnus is basically this extra-universal non-corporeal eldritch horror who goes around destroying several worlds and universes and has no true form, and shall always exist as long as destruction and nightmares are to be.

http://imgur.com/Vj7w4ki

http://imgur.com/SlJB6cb

・・・・・・ã“ã® ã‹ã‚Šãã‚ã®å§¿ãŒ æ»…ã³ã‚‹ã‹ã€‚

アストルティアを æ»…ã¼ã™ã¨ã„ã†å¤¢ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»

人々ãŒæœ›ã‚“ã æ‚ªå¤¢ã¨ 我ãŒä¸–界をã¤ãªã連環ã¯

ã“ã®æ‚ªå¤¢ã®ä¸–ç•Œã¨ã¨ã‚‚㫠消ãˆåŽ»ã‚‹ã ã‚ã†ã€‚

貴様ã®è›®å‹‡ã«ã‚ˆã‚Š

アストルティア㯠守られãŸã®ã ã€‚

ã›ã„ãœã„ 己を 誇るãŒã‚ˆã„。

ã ãŒãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»æˆ‘ãŒå®Ÿä½“㯠ä¸æ»…。

悪夢ã‚ã‚‹ã‹ãŽã‚Š

ダークドレアムã¨ã„ã†å­˜åœ¨ã¯æ»…ã³ã¬ã€‚

・・・・・・・1年先㋠ãã‚Œã¨ã‚‚ 1ï¼ï¼ï¼å¹´å…ˆã‹

ã»ã‚“ã® ã¾ã°ãŸãã™ã‚‹ã»ã©ã®æ™‚é–“

我㯠眠りã«ã¤ãã¨ã—よã†ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ã€‚

...It would seem this impermanent form has met its end.

The dream of Astortia's destruction...

The chains linking my world with the nightmare the masses wished for

will surely fade, together with this world of nightmares.

It was thanks to your reckless courage

that Astortia was saved.

Go, and wear that accomplishment as a badge of pride.

However...my true self is eternal.

So long as bad dreams exist

the existence known as Nokturnus shall never perish.

Be it 1 year, or a thousand years,

it is but for a blink of a moment

that I shall slumber for now...

Wow, I came to almost the same conclusion without even touching DQX 0_o Am I psychic or something?

The "Every decision spawns a world" is something I just thought about at that moment. And when sometimes it confuses me, and then at other times it gives me a bigger headache then those youtube videos with lots of flashing.

The shipping in this fandom isn't as bad as some other fandoms. Like the Warriors fandom (a cat book series), it gets a little to haywire with the shipping. You can just google warrior cat ships and look at their family tree on the warrior cats wiki. Most of the time they are related! And people are so desperate that they write a fanfic for it. 

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, but the shipping in this fandom isn't as bad as the other fandoms. That was the point I was trying to make.

I see.

I know (I am a part of MLP fandom, and when bronies happened, we received a neverending river of this $#!&, so I can relate), but still, it is not good that it's a thing in fandoms at all.

I mean, I myself think that Orgodemir was sexually involved with Matilda, but it's atleast somewhat plausible.

I also think that he appeared in Maribel's dream in his pretty form (in manga, as it is unfinished, only guys are shown seeing him in their dreams, tho in his real form and being scary) and did naughty things to her (she is 16, for me - by russian laws - it's ok) as well, and that the fact that she had to stay behind cause of her father's illness is related to it - she was enamored by Orgo and didn't want to fight him, so he made her have an excuse to stop her quest by causing illness in her father.

After reading that spoiler I have no comment.... but that does explain something.

After reading that spoiler I have no comment.... but that does explain something.

I am glad it does ^^ It is also more or less in-character for him.

Also, that thing I posted in the very first post of this thread makes a little more sense if you gather pictures of all demonlords who have dragon-like wings and compare the appearance of each one's wings to Orgo's pretty form's ones (pay specific attention to the shape of topmost claws).

Edited by Mefista

Guys, the Quote Game in this thread is atrocious. It's nearly impossible to follow three full-length nested conversations at once. Try limiting it to two-layered quotes, just to minimize forum headaches.

Nokturnus is actually hardcore.

Well, sh*t. No wonder he gets Estark-class billing.

The shipping in this fandom isn't as bad as some other fandoms.

That's because the DQ fandom is tiny. You just wait, as the DQ fandom grows (assuming SQEX doesn't completely botch it) the relative number of shipping problems will spike, too, as the creeps come out to play with their favorite boys and girls. We've already got its bastard cousin fetish fanart.

For that to even remotely make sense, we'd have to make a lot of assumptions about your "higher being", like an arbitrary limit to his omniscience, for starters. (Omnipotence implies omniscience, because by virtue of being omnipotent, he has the ability to know everything).

Edited by JaybirdC

JaybirdC

I myself prefer to not quote stuff at all, but I was told it's hard for others to track what am I answering without quoting.

And japanese DQ fandom (atleast on pixiv) has aplenty of shipping (one person whom I follow cause they draw Orgodemir sometimes, and never tag him, so tracking through tag is impossible...that person ships human Psaro with Hades Nelgel) and smut.

What I meant boils down to: a truly omnipotent and omniscient being just wouldn't let the reality split at every slug's brainfart.Cause that's inconvenient and makes zero sense for me, giving that I, having neither of omni-qualities, is stuck with judging said being by my own though/quality categories.You are free to have your own vision of it)

JaybirdC

I myself prefer to not quote stuff at all, but I was told it's hard for others to track what am I answering without quoting.

That's cool; I don't quote all the time, either, but when I'm trying to address specific things, I reduce it to the relevant statement-bites. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the rest of the context exists within the thread.

And japanese DQ fandom (atleast on pixiv) has aplenty of shipping (one person whom I follow cause they draw Orgodemir sometimes, and never tag him, so tracking through tag is impossible...that person ships human Psaro with Hades Nelgel) and smut.

We've got our share of smut, too. Except, because America, our crap is almost entirely fetish.

What I meant boils down to: a truly omnipotent and omniscient being just wouldn't let the reality split at every slug's brainfart.Cause that's inconvenient and makes zero sense for me, giving that I, having neither of omni-qualities, is stuck with judging said being by my own though/quality categories.You are free to have your own vision of it)

Ah. So instead of "a higher being actually disproves many worlds", you meant "I don't think it would work that way".

My mistake. :D

Edited by JaybirdC

How about a Den headcanon?

I'm all about that Platty X Yangus 'ship. Or as I call it: Yangy. Plattus also works.

JaybirdC

I see.Also,my browser (an old version of Chrome, cause I am still on winXP and newer ones aren't compatible) tends to do randomest crap when I try to isolate a piece of quote I want to answer to, so I usually shrug and quote everything.

I bet if we had more or less decent-sized fandom in Russia, people would be pumping out fetish stuff,too.

It's actually my mind wandering off somewhere to the territory of Tanelorn again, it happens) But yeah, that's what I meant.

Edited by Mefista

As far as Den head canons go, I'm almost 100% positive at least one person hear isn't the gender they say they are.

I'm all about that Platty X Yangus 'ship. Or as I call it: Yangy. Plattus also works.

What about Sword_of_Dusk X eal X TheKingOfTheDragovians? Those Persona and Fire Emblem discussions get pretty heated of you know what I mean. ;)

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPBNWhpkFmU]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

TheKingOfTheDragovians

Everything is possible online.

But I am 100% a girl (albeit a pretty ugly one), which I can prove on demand ^^

What about Sword_of_Dusk X eal X TheKingOfTheDragovians. Those Persona and Fire Emblem discussions get pretty heated of you know what I mean. ;)

Don't try to shift the attention away from you and Platty. You guys are the golden couple of the Den.

@Mefista

But your money where mouth is and pull the trigger.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

TheKingOfTheDragovians

Webcamera shot, made like a minute ago)

00_by_truemefista-dbei7b3.png

I can message you something more revealing, but I am fat and ugly, so you'll regret it)

Edited by Mefista

@Mefista: No problem.

@Mefista

@Mefista: No, it's okay, we believe you.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by JaybirdC

Wow, you actually did it, not like I didn't believe you were a girl, just, I didn't think you were serious.

@King: Pro tip: Anybody willing to share what she's shared so far should be taken at her word when she says she's willing to share more.

@Mefista: General internet wisdom advises that you should probably remove the picture, if only for the sake of privacy. Most forums don't have privacy settings, so everyone who happens to be lurking also knows what you look like.

Edited by JaybirdC

What about Sword_of_Dusk X eal X TheKingOfTheDragovians. Those Persona and Fire Emblem discussions get pretty heated of you know what I mean. ;)
Don't try to shift the attention away from you and Platty. You guys are the golden couple of the Den.

You can't deny the Sword of Drageal.

@Mefista: No problem.

@Mefista

@Mefista: No, it's okay, we believe you.

EDIT: Nevermind.

^^

It just occured that I am a living proof that Russian DQ fandom would be producing fetish art, cause I do it (albeit mostly through comissioning others or art trades, as my own art is uggo).

Wow, you actually did it, not like I didn't believe you were a girl, just, I didn't think you were serious.

Giving that most people online assume I am a guy, I felt like proving myself one more time wouldn't hurt)

Also,me having such a weird face on photo is due to how my webcamera is positioned.

@King: Pro tip: Anybody willing to share what she's shared so far should be taken at her word when she says she's willing to share more.

You meant me posting that photo in see-through blouse that was mod-nuked immediately? XD

@Mefista: All I want to do is treat you as somebody who likes poofy-haired stripper demons. Anything else is entire unnecessary and should be handled with caution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YveIFphNcp4&t=35s

Edited by JaybirdC

Fair enough ^^

I am also a person who once spent money on this:

morbius_and_batman_color_by_logna.jpg