Mefista

DQ theories and headcanons+obscure trivia

I believe The Lord of the Dragovians has a secret harem of young Dragovian girls who follow him around, pretty far fetched but I think it works.

Makes the King mad that the Lord gets all the ladies and his wrinkly old wife keeps him on a short leash.

You assume too much. King=Lord...though.

Now that I think about it who is The King, we know the Lord. Perhaps the DQVIII protaginist is the King, after all he does have the "Dragvian King" sword.

Wow I'm making up headcanon for my headcanon.

My Almighty someone help me I'm having an identity crisis!

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Here is a legitimately bad theory I read, that is implausible no matter how I square it.

Nevan becomes Aamon...

Where have you read it?

And,what is the basis for it?)

It was the same japanese conspiracy site as the Terry = Estark theory, which I actually think may be true.

The justification was weird, I forget, and it just seems stupid. I can believe Terry, becoming an eldritch abomination demon god, can live several millenia, but not Nevan.

Ah,I see.

Are those, by chanse, very same people who push theory that Kiefer turned into Orgodemir?

Wow I'm making up headcanon for my headcanon.

it's Headcanonception!

Here is the page

http://dragonquesthistory.com/

A lot of the stuff is sound in my opinion, except the Nevan = Aamon theory, and Nokturnus being sealed by Mortamor. Nokturnus could be hakai'd by Beerus and laugh, let alone actually be sealed by Mortamor.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Does VI even take place in the same world as IV? I remember reading somewhere that V is supposedly centuries removed from IV but in the same world, which isn't necessarily canon by any means.

Edited by JaybirdC

Marcello ends up committing suicide. I mean, he's got nothing, he's got the world pissed at him, and he was over living anyway. I never worried what he was up to. I always figured he was dead.

Have you not made it to the new side quest in DQ83DS where you find out what happened to Marcello?

Have you not made it to the new side quest in DQ83DS where you find out what happened to Marcello?

Remember, implausible headcanons.

Pretty sure he knows exactly what happened to Marcello.

Does VI even take place in the same world as IV? I remember reading somewhere that V is supposedly centuries removed from IV but in the same world, which isn't necessarily canon by any means.

It does take place in the same world, but Dragon Quest VI takes place thousands upon thousands of years before IV. This is why we don't see King Zenith anymore (Theory goes that Estark killed him in the war, leading to the rise of the Zenith Dragon), and at the end of DQVI, you do see the Zenith Dragon being born.

Marcello ends up committing suicide. I mean, he's got nothing, he's got the world pissed at him, and he was over living anyway. I never worried what he was up to. I always figured he was dead.

I did. Once he evened things up, he's a goner.

This is why we don't see King Zenith anymore...

Hey! I'm still around, I've just been busy ;)  

I actually really like the Nevan and Terry theories here.  The idea that Nevan turns into a colossal bad ass really redeems his character.

I actually really like the Nevan and Terry theories here. The idea that Nevan turns into a colossal bad ass really redeems his character.

I don't know man, he'd probably be as dry as ever. His dialogue would probably be:

"Good heavens! It seems as though I have become a giant monster of sorts!

I have the strangest urge to KILL..."

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

"I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to whack you!"

• Upvote 2

"Do forgive me for spilling your blood! This is an awful mess..."

• Upvote 1

When I was like 7, when I was playing a corrupted dejap translation of Dragon Quest VI (Still loved it) and never saw the official artwork, I thought Chamaro was an aging 40 year old guy and that his glasses was just his sagging and fat face.

chamoro.gif

Here is the page

http://dragonquesthistory.com/

A lot of the stuff is sound in my opinion, except the Nevan = Aamon theory, and Nokturnus being sealed by Mortamor. Nokturnus could be hakai'd by Beerus and laugh, let alone actually be sealed by Mortamor.

Ah,thanks for the link.Seems like it's not the same person.

Japanese people have weird ideas at times) Besides "Orgodemir is Kiefer through the stable time loop" (which seems to be an old and rather widespread theory, cause I've encountered it multiple times in my adventures through the japanese google results),I've also seen people claim that protagonists of Dragon Quest Monster Joker games (atleast first two for sure) are Orgo's children.

I actually really like the Nevan and Terry theories here. The idea that Nevan turns into a colossal bad ass really redeems his character.

I don't know man, he'd probably be as dry as ever. His dialogue would probably be:

"Good heavens! It seems as though I have become a giant monster of sorts!

I have the strangest urge to KILL..."

"I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to whack you!"

"Do forgive me for spilling your blood! This is an awful mess..."

This is damn hillarious XD

Edited by Mefista

"Oh, dear, the common folk think they can manage their affairs, again? Dear, dear, must teach them a lesson."

For the Kiefer = Orgodemir theory and the DQMJ protags = children of orgodemir theories, it would be interesting to think one of Kiefer's enemies could be captured as pretty much a pet (Magarugi)

Huh? What Magarugi has to do with him - I thought he was exclusive to the Monster games? 0_o

Huh? What Magarugi has to do with him - I thought he was exclusive to the Monster games? 0_o

Magarugi was the main villain of Caravan heart, which Kiefer was the protagonist of

Dang, I just re-read my post and realised that, due to my sleepiness, I asked the wrong thing >< What I meant to ask was: how does the orgodemir-ness tie into all of it?

SPOILERS: Magarugi is the villain of Monsters: Caravan Heart, in which Keifer is the protagonist.

SPOILERS: Magarugi is the villain of Monsters: Caravan Heart, in which Keifer is the protagonist.

Shun already said that. Little late on the draw, JayC. :P

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Dang, I just re-read my post and realised that, due to my sleepiness, I asked the wrong thing >< What I meant to ask was: how does the orgodemir-ness tie into all of it?

If we combine the Kiefer = Orgodemir and Orgodemir = DQMJ1/2 protagonists' daddy theories, where the protagonist of DQMJ2 can get Magarugi as one of the ultimate monsters, then that means Kiefer's "son" has one of his arch enemies.

Shun already said that. Little late on the draw, JayC. :P

More than that, I need to slow down and read the fricking thread. My bad.

Here's one implausible idea that amused me when I first thought it up.

The hero of DQIII is a Time Lord, and every subsequent hero that came after him is just the same Time Lord, having either concealed his identity from his enemies via sealing his Time Lord essence in a pocket watch (as the Tenth Doctor did once) and temporarily becoming a human, or using his TARDIS to travel to another world. He looks different all the time because he keeps getting killed and regenerates.

So when the heroes all show up together with their respective lovers in tow, is that cheating?